Worst Movies Ever Made

Talkin’ about worst movies I just finally saw that piece of crap called ‘‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding’’ and it’s maybe the worst movie I’ve seen. I’m Greek you know and this movie has no connections with Greek tradition at all, and it’s way over the top. Fuck that.

Has anyone seen this movie Dagon (2001)? It was supposed to be horrofying horror, at least the cover said so, it was more horrofying horrible. You take a bunch of actors who can’t act, but aren’t afraid to show some titties, add a story about spanish people who want to return to the sea, thus growing tentacles, and you take the CGI effects which were considered too bad for The Hangman’s daughter. And you have a movie called Dagon.

Another movie which I would consider extremely bad is legion of the Dead (2000). This movie was so bad that the people who were supposed to write the plot outline on the back of the cover didn’t bother to see the movie first. The plot outline and the actual movie was two completely different films.

I can’t speak on the issue of worst movies ever made, but here are the worst ones I’ve seen in recent memory:

Robocop 3 (I actually only watched about five minutes of it)

John Carpenter’s Ghosts of Mars

Just about every movie based on a Stephen King book with the exception of Kubrick’s version of "The Shining"

Ghost Ship

Ringmaster

Jurassic Park 3

Spawn

Super Mario Bros

Though, from what I hear, the worst movie ever made has to be:

Kazaam

[quote]I can’t speak on the issue of worst movies ever made, but here are the worst ones I’ve seen in recent memory:

Robocop 3  (I actually only watched about five minutes of it)

John Carpenter’s  Ghosts of Mars

Just about every movie based on a Stephen King book with the exception of Kubrick’s version of "The Shining"

Ghost Ship

Ringmaster

Jurassic Park 3

Spawn

Super Mario Bros

Though, from what I hear, the worst movie ever made has to be:

Kazaam[/quote]

Kazaam was awful, but what about Stephen King. Have you watched Misery, Shawshank, Green Mile, Carrie?

I just rented ghost of mars, haven’t seen it yet, but I love anything about John Carpenter, it cannot be that bad!

[quote]

Kazaam was awful, but what about Stephen King. Have you watched Misery, Shawshank, Green Mile, Carrie?
[/quote]

I suppose I realy shouldn't have made such a blanket statement there. I don't mind Stephen King novels, and in fact, all of the movies you mentioned were great, but for every Green Mile or Misery movie there are at least two Tommyknockers or Dreamcatchers.

And to the other guy, Ghosts of Mars is THAT bad. I mean, I loved The Thing and even that vampire movie he did with James Woods, but the Ghosts of Mars is just terrible. The monsters in the movie aren't frightening at all, and the choreography in the fight sequences is more akin to Power Rangers with guns rather than even a B horror flick.

[quote]I just rented ghost of mars, haven’t seen it yet, but I love anything about John Carpenter, it cannot be that bad![/quote]

Back in his prime, he was the man. Right now, most of his movies suck. maybe he’s just hit a dry spell.

He’s still a great director.

And aside from the Steve King movie thing, Jurrasic Park 3 was really pretty good. Much better than the second one in any event.

[quote]
And to the other guy, Ghosts of Mars is THAT bad.  I mean, I loved The Thing and even that vampire movie he did with James Woods, but the Ghosts of Mars is just terrible.  The monsters in the movie aren’t frightening at all, and the choreography in the fight sequences is more akin to Power Rangers with guns rather than even a B horror flick.[/quote]
OK I just saw it and as I was expected it was very good! It was a typical Carpenter movie, it had many elements from most of his movies(escape from NY,the Fog, the Thing, assault on precinct 13) with a little bit of more action. You expected to be frightened by it? Geez!

The man does today what he does for 30 years now! B-horror flicks, for him and his fans!

Keep walkin’ John!

I dunno, but I thought “Ghosts of Mars” was shit. It was almost identiacal to the Resident Evil movie for christsakes; and don’t get me started on how bad that was. For me, “Halloween” remains Carpenter’s top masterpiece. It had great atmosphere, great music theme, awesome directing style in terms of using shadows and such. Where were all these elements in “Ghosts of Mars”? Even the horrid techno music made me want to vomit.

[quote]Where were all these elements in “Ghosts of Mars”?[/quote]I didn’t say that there is a Halloween element in Ghost of Mars! Just a lot of Carpenter’s elements!

Yeah you’re right. It is in a way similar to movies like Escape from NY and such; the only difference is that Ghosts simply didn’t grab me like all other Carpenter movies do.

[quote]
OK I just saw it and as I was expected it was very good! It was a typical Carpenter movie, it had many elements from most of his movies(escape from NY,the Fog, the Thing, assault on presinct 13) with a little bit of more action. You expected to be frightened by it? Geez!

The man does today what he does for 30 years now! B-horror flicks, for him and his fans!

Keep walkin’ John![/quote]

I didn't expect to be frightened, but I at least expected to be entertained. This movie was just...bad. Like I said, I love the Fog, the Thing, etc, and enjoy them for how campy they can be at times, but this wasn't even enjoyably campy. It was a crap horror film in which we see a former/current rap star get to act tough.

[quote]It was a crap horror film in which we see a former/current rap star get to act tough[/quote]OK he’s not Marlon Brando but only because he stars in one of my all time favorite movies, only for that I like the guy and he acts decently cool!

3 KINGS RULE!

[quote]
OK he’s not Marlon Brando but only because he stars in one of my all time favorite movies, only for that I like the guy and he acts decently cool!

3 KINGS RULE![/quote]

Oh yeah, he was great in Three Kings, but that was because he was playing a supporting role to George Clooney’s character. Make no mistake, I think he’s a half decent actor, but he’s no leading man, and thats exactly the part he played in Ghosts of Mars.

If you had to pick the top ten movies that you think should’ve never been thought up or written on paper, what would they be? Me, i can’t decide but here are ten that i can remember hating:

1.Tron

2.Dungeons and Dragons

3.The Adventures of Pluto Nash

4.From Justin to Kelly

5.Bones

6.Labrynth

7.House Party 3

8.I Spy

9.What’s The Worst That Could Happen?

10.Black Knight

Now these are based on my opinion and i dont care if you like these or not, just give me a list of your least fav. movies. mine are in no particular order.

Okay… First off, Tron? I’m sure more than a few people will disagree with you on that one…

This is cool, now I get to spout off about why I hate top 10 lists. They are so general. For example, when you say “Top 10 Worst Movies Ever!” are you including only well known films (blockbusters which flopped etc.) or are you taking independants and foreign films into consideration? I agree that House Party and Dungeons and Dragons are stinkers but when compared with say some 70’s Star Wars knock-off they are probably pretty good. See what I mean? Umm… I’ll shut up now :slight_smile:

Anyway, the following are 10 (not top 10, just 10) relatively well known movies that I think suck:

Popeye

Super Mario Bros.

Wild Wild West

Lethal Weapon 4

Spice World

Speed 2: Cruise Control

Battlefield Earth

Junior

Inspector Gadget

Chill Factor

Later

good point. many people might disagree with the “Tron” as number one worst, but i mentioned that they aren’t in any particular order or anything. plus, i only put the movies that i could think of off the top of my head that i remember being bad. i didn’t think of foreign or independent films when i made the list.

Hey Mister_Pink,

I wasn’t raggin’ on you or anything, I hope I didn’t come across that way. I was raggin’ on top 10 lists in general. I’m not a huge fan of Tron either, I don’t think it was terrible but it’s not one of my favourite movies or anything, I do however know some people (they shall remain nameless) who are obsessed with it.

Later :slight_smile:

yeah, i didn’t like that movie at all. 10 minutes in, i left the room because i was so bored. maybe some people like it , but i certainly don’t.

FREDDY GOT FINGERED

KUNDUN

SPICE WORLD

MANIAC COP 2 (NOT A BAD FILM JUST NOT A GREAT FILM)

TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSCRE:THE NEXT GENARATION

PSYCHO REMAKE

CHARLIES ANGELS (I KNOW PEOPLE WHO LOVED THIS BUT I WAS A FAN OF THE SHOW AND THIS MOVIE IS JUST BLASPHMOUS)

MR DEEDS

SPY KIDS (ROBERT RODREGUIEZ SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF)

BILLY MADISON