Worst Movies Ever Made

Pretty much every single american highschool movies sucks (clueless, american pie etc etc.) And most spoof movies are really poor too. But apart from that:

-Mission To Mars: What the hell was Tim Robbins thinking when he said yes to be in it??? Poor acting, poor dialogue and the storyline sucks beyond belief. I couldnt even watch it to to the bitter end.

-Showgirls: If I want to see breasts I’ll look at my own. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Wild Wild West: Watched it out of boredom. Was amazed that a movie could suck THAT much. Is it even supposed to be funny or were they aiming for pathetic?

-Blair Witch Project: Not scary. Not original. At all. Very disappointing. However - nice marketing strategy.

Some movies are so bad they become funny and worth watching - like “Attack of The Killer Tomatoes”.

[quote]
-Showgirls: If I want to see breasts I’ll look at my own.  :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

haha, that’s a statement. I liked showgirls.

Of course you liked showgirls: you’re male. Probably straight. So you like breasts! ;D

[quote]Of course you liked showgirls: you’re male. Probably straight. So you like breasts!  ;D[/quote]

elizabeth berkeley… come on…

i like that movie because its provocating and all… rebell movie.

Elizabeth Berkley was hot, but Gina Gershon is WAYYY hotter. :stuck_out_tongue: . Anyway, I agree with those that think “Showgirls” is crap, but at least it had some good coreography to it, ya know? Verhouven (sp?) used to make much better shit back in the days though. “Robocop” is a fuckin masterpiece. It’s a shame he lost his touch in these last years with “Showgirls”, “Hollow man” and shit.

Showgirls is one my favorite movies ofthe 90s, its ALOT of fun to watch and its exactly the kind of movie that noone dares to make these days. Its in my DVD collection and you better believe I watch it alot!!

Paul Verhoeven is one of the coolest filmmakers out there!!

F**k all the Showgirls haters!!!

I dont really think “Showgirls” is very controversial/daring. It’s kind of boring. If you want controversial/daring watch “Festen” or “Idioterne”. “Festen” is by far the best dogme movie.

F**k me? Now you’re just breaking my heart :’(

[quote]Showgirls is one my favorite movies ofthe 90s, its ALOT of fun to watch and its exactly the kind of movie that noone dares to make these days. Its in my DVD collection and you better believe  I watch it alot!!

Paul Verhoeven is one of the coolest filmmakers out there!!

F**k all the Showgirls haters!!![/quote]

Hey man, I think you got me wrong. I LOVVVEEE showgirls; I just don’t like the “Showgirls” movie :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]

Hey man, I think you got me wrong. I LOVVVEEE showgirls; I just don’t like the “Showgirls” movie  :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Most people dont like it for the very reason I love it. Its totally un PC and over the top (Most people dont get how much humor it has). A return to the Sexploitation films of the 60s and 70s (of which I love).

Verhoeven ROCKS and anyone who didn’t get the point about Starship Troopers should just shut up and go back to first term of history class then rewatch the film and go like “ah, that’s a satire!!”, because its a fucking masterpiece in that respect.

showgirls was an o.k. provocating movie, although totally miscast i think.

lets go back to worse movies.

what about Collateral Damage, that was a piece of crap

Speaking of Verhoeven, I watched super smash hit movie Total Recall last night. I couldn’t stop laughing when Arnold said: “If I’m not me, then who the hell am I?” and "You’re me!"

I think I have been watching to much MadTV to ever take a Schwarzenegger-movie serious again. ;D

[quote]Verhoeven ROCKS and anyone who didn’t get the point about Starship Troopers should just shut up and go back to first term of history class then rewatch the film and go like “ah, that’s a satire!!”, because its a fucking masterpiece in that respect.

showgirls was an o.k. provocating movie, although totally miscast i think.

lets go back to worse movies.

what about Collateral Damage, that was a piece of crap[/quote]

I agree that Collateral Damage was crap; it has the typical Commando/Rambo plot, ya know?; only it’s much worse. I enjoyed watchin’ “Starship Troopers”, but to call it a masterpiece is a bit far-fetched. Seb, wasn’t “A Clockwork Orange” a satire too? Still, you love to diss it a lot from what I read on these boards. And if you want to compare Verhoeven satire movies, “Robocop” makes “Starship Troopers” look like a big pile of shit.

Seb wrote: "Showgirls was an ok provocating movie, although it was miscast"

How was it miscast? How can you determine that in the first place? Dude, where do you get these ideas?

Seb, you gotta be more precise about your statements. Like everything to you is a “masterpiece”. It just aint true. A Masterpiece is a film like The Godfather or Citizen Kane, not Starship Troopers, I liked the movie alot, but it aint no masterpiece of film.

• Verhoevens films all have a great satirical content, Robocop was great, but so was Total Recall, Showgirls and the excellent Starship Troopers. Hollow Man wasnt very good, not one of his better films.

miscast… i think Elizabeth Berkeley was great but didnt fit that well into that role. Just a feeling. maybe because she isn’t my type.

speaking of Gina Gershon. Seen the Wachowskis’ BOUND? I thought that was weird

[quote]

if you dont like any given sunday then i’m sorry for your poor sould because its one of the best football-satires ever. or tell me a better movie that criticises the footbal-business.

AS FOR 2001 and Kubrick:

that’s just a matter of taste, because i think 2001 is total bullshit, not because its boring or something, but it doesnt have a story or anything worth mentioning but that kubrick crap belongs to a different topic and not this one!!

[/quote]

I don’t care about american fucking football. this movie is was a useless crap. Oliver Stone is the most overrated director ever and Stanley Kubrick is the best director ever and 2001 is the best movie ever!

It’s a matter of taste

[quote]

I don’t care about american fucking football. this movie is was a useless crap. Oliver Stone is the most overrated director ever and Stanley Kubrick is the best director ever and 2001 is the best movie ever!

It’s a matter of taste
[/quote]

You guys are both WRONG!!

Oliver Stone has made some great movies (Salvador, Platoon, Wall Street, Born on the 4th of July, The Doors, Talk Radio, JFK)

I didnt think Any Given Sunday was very good. Movies about football are usually shitty anyway.

And Kubrick has made some great films too. (Although I cant say I watch Kubrick movies as much as I do Stone movies).

[quote]Some of the worst films:

Pearl Harbor (It had so much promise, and yet some how the screwed it up)

Batman and Robin (Batman Forever wasn’t all that great, but it had several redeeming qualities. This movie…unfathomably bad)

It’s Pat (Even QT couldn’t save this movie)

Plan 9 From Outer Space…or any of Ed Woods movies for that matter (So completely bad that they should be watched in order to completely understand the art f the bad movie)

Godzilla (This film could’ve been good, but it was overdone to attepmt to be the greatest blockbuster of all time)

There are plenty more but those are the most notable.

Also, there is a difference between hating a film and understanding the badness of it. Example: ToothpickVicVega and Natural Born Killers. He hates it, and thats cool, but it really isn’t one of the worst films of all time. If you ingone that QT had anything to do with it, It could qualify as one of the most brilliant films ever made, just by the originality with which it was made.  Another example: when I was a kid, I saw Gone With the Wind. I hated it. I thought it was horrible. To me is was just the story of how a woman screwed her life away over a long period of time, and I thought that was a waste of a movie. I couldn’t fathom why it was considered a Masterpiece, and one of the greatest movies ever made. As I grew older, I opened my mind more to movies, and over the years with repeat viewing I understand completely how Gone With the Wind is a classic, and I regard it as one now. It is only when we have an open mind to it that we fully appreciate cinema. [/quote]

scorseselastemtation should read this, and accept it as fact. :slight_smile:

I’m back from my long vacation away from the forums! (and there was much rejoicing)

i think BOUND sucked.

AND the matter that i am drunk (while writing this) as shiznit doesnt count here… BOUND still sucks…

you know what else sucks?

Star Trek 7-10 or whatever episodes they have…

It’s the fact that I love Kubrick and hate Stone. That’s all

Tin Cup is by far the worst movie i have ever seen. Golf movies are bad to begin with, but when you add a retarded storyline and Kevin Costner into the mix, you’ve got nothing but SHIT! Although Costner has been in some good movies, (The Untochables, JFK) he is still the worst Hollywood actor there is. (not counting teen-movie assholes like Freddie Prinze Junior)