[Vol 2 OST] General Kill Bill volume 2 Soundtrack Talk

I disagree, the Vol 2 soundtrack is nowhere near as good as the Vol 1 soundtrack.

[quote]I disagree, the Vol 2 soundtrack is nowhere near as good as the Vol 1 soundtrack.[/quote]

yup

Anyone else download the OST but have Urami Bushi and Black Mamba edited together?

[quote]Anyone else download the OST but have Urami Bushi and Black Mamba edited together?[/quote]

that’s because its on the same track on the cd. it’s a hidden track, you listen to it if you let urami bushi run 2 minutes after it’s over

there are people (like me) who claim that volume 2 has the better soundtrack. but that’s a matter of opinion

I like both equally. I like listening to Vol. 1 while driving at night, but Vol. 2 is something you can chill with in your room.

Yep!

When you’re drivin in your car, blast “Battle Without Honor or Humanity” and turn the volume all the way up. It’s an experience like no other. 8)

When I was first listening to the Vol.1 soundtrack, I was somewhat irritated, cos it hasn’t the same coherence like its predecessors. So many styles mixed around. After I watched the movie, I understood. I think, it’s the same with the second one. Watch the movie and you’ll understand. There are some of the greatest tunes ever written by Ennio in it. It can’t be bad. I think the most of you (especially the young guns) will like it al lot more after you watched the movie. Be patient, hehe…

[quote]When you’re drivin in your car, blast “Battle Without Honor or Humanity” and turn the volume all the way up. It’s an experience like no other.  8)[/quote]

Nah! I think “Green Hornet” would be much cooler while driving!!!

[quote]

Nah! I think “Green Hornet” would be much cooler while driving!!!
[/quote]

Just play “Green Hornet” followed by “Battle.” :slight_smile:

Maybe you buy both of the O.S.T. Then pick your own favorites and make yourself the ultimate KILL BILL sound.

HEy, that would be great…

[quote]there are people (like me) who claim that volume 2 has the better soundtrack. but that’s a matter of opinion[/quote]

i am also of that opinion

I have the full soundtrack since a week and I must say its absolutely brilliant. I love slowlier tracks and ballads more than fast and experimental sounds. In my opinion the Volume 2 soundtrack is the best Tarantino soundtrack ever! I’m a big fan of Ennio Morricone and Johnny Cash and both are brilliant on the OST, but don’t forget Shivaree’s dark and cool song, Luis Bacalov’s new masterpiece, the real cool “The Chase” and the rythmic “Tu Mirá”. GREAT! My favorite Tarantino soundtrack and I’m really looking forward to the official release.

vol.2 is just as great as vol.1, but that’s a matter of taste.

but the greatest soundtrack ever is still pulp fiction, and that’s no matter of taste! 8)

“Tu mira” was shortened on the OST. The flamenco middle section (with the clapping) is infact about a minute longer. There was a version already on the net before. Both edited together it lasts about 5 minutes.

[quote]vol.2 is just as great as vol.1, but that’s a matter of taste.

but the greatest soundtrack ever is still pulp fiction, and that’s no matter of taste!  8) [/quote]

Thats my ranking on soundtracks:

1. Kill Bill: Vol. 2
  2. Pulp Fiction
  3. Kill Bill: Vol. 1
  4. Jackie Brown
  5. Reservoir Dogs

Volume 2 has the best OST in my opinion.

Here’s a question that nobody has to answer, just a different way to look at the issue.

Is the music in Vol. 1 “better” than the music in Vol. 2. Whatever the answer is, it doesn’t neccessary mean the soundtrack for that volume is better than the other.

I have this special edition soundtrack for Vol. 1 that I made, that has all the songs on the OST plus the ones that weren’t on there, like From Man To Man, Long Day Of Vengeance, Nobody But Me, etc.

After the Vol. 2 soundtrack comes out, and we all see the movie, and we discover the badass songs that they didn’t put on the soundtrack, after we all make our “special editions”… Both soundtracks will be pretty fucking badass.

[quote]Maybe you buy both of the O.S.T. Then pick your own favorites and make yourself the ultimate KILL BILL sound.

HEy, that would be great…[/quote]

That’s not a bad idea.

just got an email from Phil Brigham (the composer of The Chase). he told me some stuff about that song, i updated the OST review with that info. if somebody wants to know more, i can post his email

[quote]just got an email from Phil Brigham (the composer of The Chase). he told me some stuff about that song, i updated the OST review with that info. if somebody wants to know more, i can post his email[/quote]

What movie is The Chase from? Is it from the 1966 film or no? Definitely post the email for us!

a shortened version of his email

“Hi…this is Phil Brigham, and along with Phil Steele (aka Phil Ttrainer) and Alan Reeves, wrote “The Chase” for a film called “The Road To Salina” (1970), one of the last films that Rita Hayworth was in before she passed away. It was a drama in English, but directed by French director Georges Lautner.

The band we had then was called “Clinic”, but in the last few years another act has used that name more famously.

Besides me on guitar, Alan on keyboards, and Phil Steele on bass, we had Gerry Murphy on drums, and Chris Hayward on flute.

The band existed from 1970-72.

The music publisher in France must have heard that QT was looking for tunes for Kill Bill, and submitted “The Chase”.

When it didn’t get in KB1, we were diappointed, thinking maybe that’s it, but by reading your website, I found out we made it on to KB2.

Naturally I am thrilled to have something I co-wrote in a film by a genius like QT, as well as a film that will surely do well at the box office.

Phil Brigham”