[Vol 2 OST] General Kill Bill volume 2 Soundtrack Talk

[quote]a shortened version of his email

“Hi…this is Phil Brigham, and along with Phil Steele (aka Phil Ttrainer) and Alan Reeves, wrote “The Chase” for a film called “The Road To Salina” (1970), one of the last films that Rita Hayworth was in before she passed away. It was a drama in English, but directed by French director Georges Lautner.

The band we had then was called “Clinic”, but in the last few years another act has used that name more famously.

Besides me on guitar, Alan on keyboards, and Phil Steele on bass, we had Gerry Murphy on drums, and Chris Hayward on flute.

The band existed from 1970-72.

The music publisher in France must have heard that QT was looking for tunes for Kill Bill, and submitted “The Chase”.

When it didn't get in KB1, we were diappointed, thinking maybe that's it, but by reading your website, I found out we made it on to KB2.

Naturally I am thrilled to have something I co-wrote in a film by a genius like QT, as well as a film that will surely do well at the box office.

Phil Brigham”[/quote]

Wow. And to think he didn’t even know the song made the Vol.2 OST… until he came to good ol’ tarantino.info  :smiley:

Personally, i think The Chase is one of the best tracks on the soundtrack. Second probably to Ennio Morricone’s efforts only… I can’t wait to see (or hear, rather) how all the tracks are utillised in Vol.2!

[quote]a shortened version of his email

"Hi…this is Phil Brigham, and along with Phil Steele (aka Phil Ttrainer) and Alan Reeves, wrote “The Chase” for a film called “The Road To Salina” (1970), one of the last films that Rita Hayworth was in before she passed away. It was a drama in English, but directed by French director Georges Lautner.[/quote]

Thats really interesting stuff. Very cool guy to email you like that. I dont think Ive seen that film.

Isnt there another song from one of the KB trailers called “The Sunny Road to Salinas”? I wonder if thats in any way connected to that film.

yes, that’s what I thought, too… maybe its from the same film? or is it just an accidential name relation

does anyone want a translation of the Malaguena Salerosa lyrics? I just made one (wasnt that hard)

[quote]does anyone want a translation of the Malaguena Salerosa lyrics? I just made one (wasnt that hard)[/quote]

Yeah, please! I love that track! Great flamenco-rythmic-guitar flavour :smiley: !

the songtext

Introducción:

Que bonitos ojos tienes (What nice eyes you have)

Debajo de esas dos cejas (Under those two eyebrows)

Debajo de esas dos cejas

Que bonitos ojos tienes

Ellos me quieren mirar (they want to look at me)

Pero si tú no los dejas (but you dont let them, …)

Pero si tú no los dejas

Ni siquiera parpadear (…, not even blink)

Música:

Malagueña salerosa (charming Malaguena [i.e. female person from Malaga)

Besar tus labios quisiera (I would like to kiss your lips)

Besar tus

Labios quisiera

Malaguena salerosa

Y decirte niña hermosa (and I say to you, beautiful girl)

Que eres linda y hechicera (how beautiful and witched you are)

Si por pobre me desprecias (if you despise me, because i’m poor)

Yo te concedo razón (I admit it…)

Yo te concedo razón

Si por pobre me desprecias

Yo no te ofrezco riquezas (i dont offer any treasures)

Te ofrezco mi corazón (i offer you my heart)

Te ofrezco mi corazón

A cambio de mi pobreza (for the price of my poverty)

Música:

Malagueña salerosa

Besar tus labios quisiera

Besar tus

Labios quisiera

Y decirte niña hermosa

Que eres linda y hechicera (how beautiful and witched you are)

Que eres linda y hechicera

Que eres linda y hechicera

Como el candor de una rosa (like the innocence of a rose)

Y decirte niña hermosa

well, actually you cant call “THE SOUNDTRACK” good or bad, because each of the two sountracks consist of whole range of different songs.

but i think if you listen to the entire volume 2 soundtrack carefully, with the film in mind, you realize how much more “class” the CD has, how epic it is.

i am listening to song 9 on the CD, which is IL MERCENARIO, and this song gives me goosepumps. it’s THAT awesome.

and MALAGUENA SALEROSA is one of the fucking awesomest latino love/rock songs i have ever heard.

[quote]i am listening to song 9 on the CD, which is IL MERCENARIO, and this song gives me goosepumps. it’s THAT awesome.[/quote]

isn’t track 9 “L’Arena”?

[quote]

isn’t track 9 “L’Arena”?[/quote]

il mercenario = L'arena
the movie is called "il mercenario" though

[quote]

il mercenario = L’arena

the movie is called “il mercenario” though[/quote]

gotcha! Couldn’t agree more about the greatness of that track. My fav from Vol 2 for sure. When the horn comes in…dear god! I love it. ;D

That email is awesome by the way. So much terrific info. Very cool.

[quote]the songtext

Introducción:

Debajo de esas dos cejas

Que bonitos ojos tienes

Pero si tú no los dejas (but you dont let them)

Pero si tú no los dejas

Ni siquiera parpadear (not even to blink)

Música:

Malagueña salerosa (charming Malaguena [i.e. female person from Malaga)<br/> Besar tus labios quisiera (I would like to kiss your lips)<br/> Besar tus (…kiss your)<br/> Labios quisiera (…lips, i would like to)<br/> Malaguena salerosa<br/> Y decirte niña hermosa (and say to you, beautiful girl)<br/> Que eres linda y hechicera (how beautiful and bewitched you are)<br/> <br/> Si por pobre me desprecias (you despise me, because i am poor)<br/> Yo te concedo razón (i admit to that reason)<br/> Yo te concedo razón<br/> Si por pobre me desprecias<br/> Yo no te ofrezco riquezas (i dont offer any treasures)<br/> Te ofrezco mi corazón (i offer you my heart)<br/> Te ofrezco mi corazón<br/> A cambio de mi pobreza (for the price of my poverty)<br/> <br/> Música:<br/> Malagueña salerosa<br/> Besar tus labios quisiera<br/> Besar tus<br/> Labios quisiera<br/> Y decirte niña hermosa<br/> <br/> Que eres linda y hechicera (how beautiful and bewitched you are)<br/> Que eres linda y hechicera<br/> Que eres linda y hechicera<br/> Como el candor de una rosa (like the innocence of a rose)<br/> Y decirte niña hermosa <e>[/quote]

can anyone translate that into English?

and Seb, what the hell is a goosepump? ::slight_smile:

[quote]

can anyone translate that into English?

and Seb, what the hell is a goosepump? ::slight_smile:[/quote]

what language do you think this is, in brackets?? chinese?? english-motherfucker-do-you-speak-it? LOL

i meant goose-bumps

[quote]the songtext

Introducción:

Debajo de esas dos cejas

Que bonitos ojos tienes

Pero si tú no los dejas (but you dont let them, …)

Pero si tú no los dejas

Ni siquiera parpadear (…, not even blink)

Música:

Malagueña salerosa (charming Malaguena [i.e. female person from Malaga)<br/> Besar tus labios quisiera (I would like to kiss your lips)<br/> Besar tus<br/> Labios quisiera<br/> Malaguena salerosa<br/> Y decirte niña hermosa (and I say to you, beautiful girl)<br/> Que eres linda y hechicera (how beautiful and witched you are)<br/> <br/> Si por pobre me desprecias (if you despise me, because i’m poor)<br/> Yo te concedo razón (I admit it…)<br/> Yo te concedo razón<br/> Si por pobre me desprecias<br/> Yo no te ofrezco riquezas (i dont offer any treasures)<br/> Te ofrezco mi corazón (i offer you my heart)<br/> Te ofrezco mi corazón<br/> A cambio de mi pobreza (for the price of my poverty)<br/> <br/> Música:<br/> Malagueña salerosa<br/> Besar tus labios quisiera<br/> Besar tus<br/> Labios quisiera<br/> Y decirte niña hermosa<br/> <br/> Que eres linda y hechicera (how beautiful and witched you are)<br/> Que eres linda y hechicera<br/> Que eres linda y hechicera<br/> Como el candor de una rosa (like the innocence of a rose)<br/> Y decirte niña hermosa <e>[/quote]

Damn, just noticed the english subtitles. I really have to stop skimming over posts.

I wonder, why nobody who has seen the movie already, don’t tell us, what music is missing on the CD. I.e. is “Il triello” actually in the movie or not? Do we hear something, that was in Vol.1 already? (Maybe I overlooked it, please correct me.)

Does anyone have “Il Triello”?

THE TRIO aka Il Triello

Clint Eastwood - Biography, Filmography, and Lots More

FISTFULL OF FILMMUSIC SECTION (You’ll need REALPLAYER to listen)

IL TRIELLO is quite amazing, i have it on my computer if anyone has trouble finding it. I am sidzed2@hotmail.com, add me to msn and i will upload it for you.

In relation to the soundtrack, Malcolm McLaren’s “About her” is absolutely beautiful, definitely one of the best tracks on the album. “Goodnight Moon” is easily the standout track though. Overall the soundtrack isn’t as good as Vol. 1’s, but only slightly. The dialogue recordings are not as great as i had hoped, but David Caraddine is clearly an awesome actor.

Oh, i forgot to mention Bacalov’s Summertime Killer! It’s bloody fantastic, hopefully it will be used during the film in a meaningful way.

Hmmm, and who has seen the two clips on yahoo? The black and white one b/w Bill and The Bride is breathtaking…

That’s “The Trio” being played in the trailer? It doesn’t sound like it, must be a riff or something

Who hopes that the section from Malcom McLaren’s ‘About Her’, the choir section in the middle at 2:30min, is in the movie??

I do, I think its the most moving piece of music on the soundtrack. Please Quentin, put that in the movie! :wink:

[quote]That’s “The Trio” being played in the trailer? It doesn’t sound like it, must be a riff or something[/quote]

??

[quote]
??[/quote]
yes, it is, truly and utterly, the trio.  8)