[Vol 2 OST] General Kill Bill volume 2 Soundtrack Talk

Blah, couldn’t find my old username, so enjoy this grammaticly incorrect, boston influenced name :stuck_out_tongue:

Just wanted to let ya know apparently the Kill Bill ost leaked yesterday…and apparently i think its way better than the first ;D

OST-Kill_Bill_Volume_2-2004-XXL

Any of you IRC freaks can find it on the regular packet spy sites…good luck finding a bot though, they were fallin fast this morning. Couldn’t find any torrents for it this morning either.

Defintely can’t wait to pick this up…solid soundtrack.

(its missing the RZA track BTW, all the more reason to go out and buy!!!)

[quote]
Have yall heard that Japanese version of the Ghostdog OST

That was some amazing shit, really did good there.
[/quote]

Damnit, what is the difference between the AMerican and Jap version? I asked Cipher Born that twice already in another thread, but he never answered me.

Interesting: What is called “L’arena” isn’t really “L’arena” from the original “Il mercenario”-soundtrack, which features the same melody, but is significantly shorter (without the trumpet part 'n that). What we hear in fact, is the original main title from “Il mercenario” (a professional gun) in all it’s glory.

[quote]Blah, couldn’t find my old username, so enjoy this grammaticly incorrect, boston influenced name  :stuck_out_tongue:

Just wanted to let ya know apparently the Kill Bill ost leaked yesterday…and apparently i think its way better than the first  ;D

OST-Kill_Bill_Volume_2-2004-XXL

Any of you IRC freaks can find it on the regular packet spy sites…good luck finding a bot though, they were fallin fast this morning.  Couldn’t find any torrents for it this morning either.

Defintely can’t wait to pick this up…solid soundtrack.

(its missing the RZA track BTW, all the more reason to go out and buy!!!)[/quote]

The RZA/Wu-Tang track is there, but it’s hidden in the last track: “Urami Bushi by Meiko Kaji”. It plays after the 3:54 point of that track.

A very out of place song on the soundtrack if you ask me…

…by the way, does anyone know if this track is actually played in Vol.2? I would doubt that it plays during the film, but perhaps in the extended credit sequence?

[quote]
The RZA/Wu-Tang track is there, but it’s hidden in the last track: “Urami Bushi by Meiko Kaji”. It plays after the 3:54 point of that track.

A very out of place song on the soundtrack if you ask me…
[/quote]
maybe out of place compared to the other songs…

but if you know the wu-tang, you know that it fits perfectly into a martial arts movie.

[quote]
maybe out of place compared to the other songs…

but if you know the wu-tang, you know that it fits perfectly into a martial arts movie.
[/quote]

Exactly. Try to look past what type of music it is and pay attention to what’s being said.

[quote]Interesting: What is called “L’arena” isn’t really “L’arena” from the original “Il mercenario”-soundtrack, which features the same melody, but is significantly shorter (without the trumpet part 'n that). What we hear in fact, is the original main title from “Il mercenario” (a professional gun) in all it’s glory.[/quote]

Ok, I got an mp3 of this a couple of years ago called “Il Mercenario”. The track begins with the familiar whistling theme(Which you hear repeatedly throughout The Mercenary aka A Professional Gun) and once the whistling is done, The rhythm guitar kicks in with the melody. Then comes the strings doing their version of the melody which is followed by the trumpet. Then everything builds and builds to a high pitch and concludes softly.

Is this what’s on the soundtrack?

[quote]

Exactly. Try to look past what type of music it is and pay attention to what’s being said.[/quote]

“Japanese bitch be suckin’ my dick, puertorrican hoes be lickin’ my split, california mountain snake on the bake givin’ me head, while i’m countin’ my cake.”

…i rest my case.

[quote]
Ok, I got an mp3 of this a couple of years ago called “Il Mercenario”. The track begins with the familiar whistling theme(Which you hear repeatedly throughout The Mercenary aka A Professional Gun) and once the whistling is done, The rhythm guitar kicks in with the melody. Then comes the strings doing their version of the melody which is followed by the trumpet. Then everything builds and builds to a high pitch and concludes softly.

[/quote]

Pretty much. The trumpet plays before the rhythm guitar though and again during part of the build up and once more at the end.

[quote]

[/quote]

It is!

[quote]
“Japanese bitch be suckin’ my dick, puertorrican hoes be lickin’ my split, california mountain snake on the bake givin’ me head, while i’m countin’ my cake.”
[/quote]
yes… everybody must love nice guy odb :wink:

Good news about the extended GBU soundtrack I mentioned above: I read on filmscore monthly that Capitol records releases it on May 18th!

he took his music offline.

[quote]
yes… everybody must love nice guy odb  :wink:[/quote]

Oh shit, ODB’s on that track? I thought they kicked his ass outta Wu-Tang.

[quote]
Oh shit, ODB’s on that track? I thought they kicked his ass outta Wu-Tang.[/quote]
rza and odb…

and I thought he’d be in jail. ;D

For those of you interested in trying before you buy, http://www.suprnova.org has the full OST for download. However, you have to have a bittorrent client to download from SuprNova.

And let me just say, it is a fucking excellent soundtrack!

Does bit torrent cost money?

Nope.

i’m waiting the 4 days though. :-/

[quote]Does bit torrent cost money?[/quote]

Nope… absolutely free.

Are any songs on the Volume 2 soundtrack as kickass as Battle Without Honor or Humanity?

[quote]Are any songs on the Volume 2 soundtrack as kickass as Battle Without Honor or Humanity?[/quote]

Not really, but once you see the movie you can enjoy the soundtrack a lot more. When I first heard it I was kinda underwhelmed, but now I can’t stop listening to it. L’Arena is glorious! 8)

[quote]Are any songs on the Volume 2 soundtrack as kickass as Battle Without Honor or Humanity?[/quote]

No, not really but, as a whole this one is better than Vol 1.