The Whole Bloody Affair

[quote=“PutneySwope”]

I thought the reason there were two credits sequences at the end was because the colored one was for Vol 1 and the B&W one was for Vol 2. But its one film, thats why there is no end credits sequence after Vol 1.

[/quotel.

Indeedy. Amd this needs to come out soon, I keep holding KB off to see it, but I only do that for so long, lo.

There’s end credits at the end of my Vol. 1!

Then there’s an entire credit sequence for both volumes at the of Vol. 2.

Vol. 2 is not a sequel, it’s a continuation… but they were both separate releases (in cinema and DVD) with beginnings and ends on both, hence - one movie turned into two.

[quote=“Kinick”]
There’s end credits at the end of my Vol. 1!

Then there’s an entire credit sequence for both volumes at the of Vol. 2.

Vol. 2 is not a sequel, it’s a continuation… but they were both separate releases (in cinema and DVD) with beginnings and ends on both, hence - one movie turned into two.
[/quote]

Its still one movie though, just split into two.

[quote=“NonStop”]
Its still one movie though, just split into two.
[/quote]

Of course, once you remove the end credits and end-cap to Vol. 1, as well as the re-cap from vol. 2 and put it back together to create The Whole Bloody Affair. ;D

I remember reading an article about Uma Thurman saying that Quentin was working on a new anime chapter (Yuki’s Revenge?) for KBTWBF…does anybody know if it’s true? I think the article was from this spring…

I just remembered what he said about doing commentaries. It was in the FDTD commentary. RR told QT that it’s cool to have him doing the commentary with him since he doesn’t do them on his own films, and QT says something like, it’s because he didn’t make this movie. He acted in it and left. He didn’t have to sit in the editing room for months looking at it everyday. And then go to screenings of it, and watch it with audiences over and over. Like by the time the DVD is being made, he’s still sick of seeing it, so he doesn’t want to sit there and watch it again.

Makes sense, but when they release anniversary editions and special editions of his films, he ought to be able to sit in a studio and talk about random shit for a couple hours by then.

I found the link :slight_smile:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/04/22/um … kill-bill/”>Reality TV Shows, Celebrity News, Pop Culture & Music Videos | MTV</LINK_TEXT>

so have i got this right? its a 4 dvd set, im guessing 1 will be the movie, 1 will be the special features and are the other two animes of the bride and bill? im fucking dying for this! we WONT see this for a couple of years i reckon with i.b. being made right now. god im getting desperate now, thats why i rushed out and bought the japanese grindhouse box set instead of waiting for the region 1 or region 2 (uk not japan) release.

do you really think the animes 'bout bill and the bride would be first-released as bonus features?

they would in ireland anyway i reckon, there would be no market for it here to be released in theatres. from what i read about umas interview with mtv she seems to give it away that it will be apart of the upcoming kill bill dvd. what does everyone else think? also couldnt believe that kill bill the uncut version was released already at cannes 2 years ago! so he definitely has it finished! its just a matter of releasing it, does anyone have the empire review for it?!

If it’s a four disc set then the movie will likely be spread across the first two discs. As for the additional two discs, (if that’s what’s still planned) God knows. It’s possible to include an Anime piece as an exclusive here but I doubt it’d take up too much space, and I’m sure there are loads of interviews, premiere footage and whatnot to fill up space too. The only way I’d buy this at full price though is with a feature-length commentary by Q & U… which is very unlikely.

Maybe Q’s going to release it in 2013. A 10th anniversary thing like he did with Res Dogs.

I still don’t own Kill Bill on dvd because The Whole Bloody Affair has been rumoured since fucking 2004!

Dude! I’ve seen it at Wal-Mart for $9.00 each disc. You want me to pick them up for you? It’s a crime against film not to own KB!

do what i do, buy the films when they come out and if a better boxset comes out buy that and trade the older ones in for something else.

[quote=“Scarface”]
I still don’t own Kill Bill on dvd because The Whole Bloody Affair has been rumoured since fucking 2004!
[/quote]

Me too man. I have a copy, but I want the proper set.

Since I watched Vol.2 about 45 times and Vol.1 about 31 times since I own them on DVD, buying them kinda payed off. ;D

Don’t be cheap when it comes to Tarantino movies. :wink:

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
Since I watched Vol.2 about 45 times and Vol.1 about 31 times since I own them on DVD, buying them kinda payed off. ;D

[/quote]

I don’t believe that huge corporations should be able to charge massive amounts of money for a film. I’ll gladly go see it a cinema, but for a DVD sometimes the prices are extortionate. So I don’t feel cheap.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]

[/quote]

Yeah. I’ve DEFINITELY gotten my money’s worth outta those DVDs… And I’ll certainly get my money’s worth out of TWBA, if it ever fucking comes out. Didn’t it take like 6 years to get JB on dvd? Maybe we’ll see TWBA in 2010.

yeah thats what i always say, it took a long time for jackie brown to come out on dvd, but this is a bigger deal, kill bill is a much better film and has a bigger cult following