The Whole Bloody Affair

I ain’t double dipping for nobody, there are far too many movies to own. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bollocks.

[quote=“Geoi”]
Bollocks.
[/quote]

I never bought a movie twice in my life. I don’t really like getting fucked in the ass, you know?

i dont like to get fucked in the arse either but that has nothing to do with buying dvds twice!

I don’t mind getting fucked in the arse at all. Maybe that’s why I’m so quick to buy every special edition there is of a movie I like. Sometimes, if they come out before the region 1 dvds, I even buy the region 2 or region 4 DVDs, THEN go buy the R1’s too. Not really all that many films I truly love like that though.

just watched kill bill there. one of the grips for the movie in the credits was named “the rock”. would you say thats the same person they referred to in death proof that mary eliz winstead is with?

I bought the HK DVD of Vol.2 on ebay, because the asian cut is 16 seconds longer (shots of broken bottles, lights, prostitutes, etc. before she meets Esteban)

And I own both the western cut and the asian cut of Vol.1, because they are both official versions of the movie.

I probably buy both Volumes on BluRay (don’t have a player yet) and then the Whole Bloody Affair on BluRay.

[quote=“Scarface”]
I still don’t own Kill Bill on dvd because The Whole Bloody Affair has been rumoured since fucking 2004!
[/quote]

Same Here. I’ll be damned if i’m gonna rebuy KB, so I want to get the best now.

I waited for a long time, too. But after a while I couldn’t resist the jap DVD…

I would definitely "re-"buy Kill Bill as TWBA

i think anyone here who has kill bill volume 1 and 2 and loved it would be lying if they said they wouldnt buy twba when it comes out tbh

I bought both Volumes on DVD the day they were released. About a year after I bought Volume 2, the middle bit of the DVD cracked and broke off, so I bought a new dvd to replace it. This version, however, came with a box sleeve and some postcards inside. I had never seen this version before. It bugged me how I had a boxed version of Volume 2, and a normal DVD case for Volume 1. So imagine my surprise when I stumbled across a boxed version of Volume 1 a few months later. Being the obsessive I am, I just had to buy it. However, I was annoyed that it didn’t have the post cards inside like Volume 2 did. So I went to pay at the counter and saw the post cards stuck on the wall as display behind the counter. After a bit of persuasion, I got the bitch who served me to hand them over to me. So now I had a spare version of Volume 1. Because I’m quite sentimental and kind of materialistic, I kept the Volume 1 DVD disc and case that I had originally bought on release day, and gave the new disk and case to a friend. Of course, being a completist (sort of) it bugged me that my friend only had Volume 1, so I went out and bought him Volume 2, too. So now I have two boxed versions of both Volumes on DVD with post cards in each and one cracked Volume 2 disc (which although it plays in my DVD player, I don’t want to take the risk in case it breaks whilst it’s playing). And there ends my story of the Kill Bill Volumes on DVD… until The Whole Bloody Affair gets released :wink:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Hope we can believe in - Tarantino talks Kill Bill redux - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … ill-redux/”>Hope we can believe in - Tarantino talks Kill Bill redux - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

enjoy

“We’ve actually added some things to it. We did a whole little chapter that I wrote and designed for the animated sequence, that we never did, because we figured, back when it was gonna be one big movie, it was going to be too long, so we didn’t do it. So when we were talking about re-releasing it, they asked is there anything you can put in, and I said no I put everything in there, but… there’s one sequence that we wouldn’t even have to shoot! So we got together with Production IG and did it, and it’s really cool. So it’s this little seven minute sequence, it’s really cool, it’s in the O-Ren chapter.” - Quentin Tarantino

That sounds AWESOME! A whole new 7-minute anime sequence, it’s gonna kick arse. I wonder if it has anything to do with the backstory of Bill/Pretty Riki?

[quote=“Ify”]
“We’ve actually added some things to it. We did a whole little chapter that I wrote and designed for the animated sequence, that we never did, because we figured, back when it was gonna be one big movie, it was going to be too long, so we didn’t do it. So when we were talking about re-releasing it, they asked is there anything you can put in, and I said no I put everything in there, but… there’s one sequence that we wouldn’t even have to shoot! So we got together with Production IG and did it, and it’s really cool. So it’s this little seven minute sequence, it’s really cool, it’s in the O-Ren chapter.” - Quentin Tarantino

That sounds AWESOME! A whole new 7-minute anime sequence, it’s gonna kick arse. I wonder if it has anything to do with the backstory of Bill/Pretty Riki?
[/quote]

Was that the one Uma Thurman discussed some time ago?

[quote=“NonStop”]
Was that the one Uma Thurman discussed some time ago?
[/quote]

I’d say yes, the MTV interview if I remember correctly

[quote=“Sebastian”]
I’d say yes, the MTV interview if I remember correctly
[/quote]

Indeed, that’s awesome. It’s not quite on the same scale, but certainly the anticipation for this whole bloody affair is close to the anticipation for IB.

7 more minutes of Kill Bill? Awesome! Does the Cannes version already have scenes that we haven’t seen yet? (I once knew this… ::slight_smile:)

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
7 more minutes of Kill Bill? Awesome! Does the Cannes version already have scenes that we haven’t seen yet? (I once knew this… ::slight_smile:)
[/quote]

no

also, the cliffhanger is cut in this version.

well, it will be just chapter after chapter, with a little intermission in the middle. the “cliffhanger” as such, might still be the moment that comes before the intermissions, who knows. what’s gone are all the tags and fillers that conclude vol1 and start vol2, you know… to let people know what had happened, or rather, for volume 1, what will happen… it’s gonna be one movie now, no need for all that