The Whole Bloody Affair

Thanks for yr comments.

My grandpa´s Swedish so I should be allowed a dig at it I think…

There should be enough Blondes for all I imagine…

Definate version my ass… I think that´s such marketing crap…

There is the version that gets released that´s the general released version.

At that point it´s the (only) version.

Then, most of the time, when the movie tanks (or in other words sucked in parts or as a whole) they release the director´s cut version. That sometimes does do the trick (Kingdom of heaven or sometimes doesn´t Pearl harbour)

Then if it in later years let´s milk it some more and soup shit up to make it like the director truly envisioned (in other words ad CGI) there´s the definate version. (like Blade runner)

I liked Hot Fuzz, but mate US$ 80 for 3 versions of it would piss me off as a fan…

[quote=“PutneySwope”]

The only thing that would make it cooler would be to have commentaries added as well.
[/quote]

SHIT YEAH! But not like the RD commentary, where they just spliced together comments from different people’s interviews. Like a real commentary.

I want a release date!!! I tried, to no avail, to not watch the first DVD’s again…but that was when the release date was last Nov…I have, of course, watched them multiple times in the last 6 months.

Any news about Kill Bill Special Edition coming out soon on dvd?

I ALSO NEED A RELEASE DATE for the Whole Bloody Affair!!! >:D

Ah, so my recent searching for the actual bonafide release date has proved fruitless. Quentin likes to torture his fans a little I guess. If the ultimate edition of the film has a “picture” on amazon, then why is the release date such a mystery? I’ve seen the Japanese cut of the film and I definitely prefer it to the American cut. I’m skeptical about there being anything more to TWBA than it just being the Japanese cut + vol 2. I’ll be perfectly happy if that’s the case.

if you follow the news, he’s apparently extending the anime sequence. I am pretty sure we’ll see this thing this year.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
if you follow the news, he’s apparently extending the anime sequence. I am pretty sure we’ll see this thing this year.
[/quote]

Let’s hope so anyway. I’ve been waiting for this DVD for SO long now. I just PRAY we don’t have to wait 5 years for the full-set Grindhouse DVD.

Seriously, if there’s not a QT commentary on TWBA, I’ll be a bit disappointed. He’s SO fun to listen to.

[quote=“Geoi”]

Seriously, if there’s not a QT commentary on TWBA, I’ll be a bit disappointed. He’s SO fun to listen to.
[/quote]

Yeah he better do a damn commentary or i’m gonna be one pissed off fan. What’s the date now? I know it keeps getting pushed back.

I dont think QT will do audio commentaries for any of his own films. Unless hes changed his preference not to review his own films firsthand. A commentary by cast and crew would be cool though. At least we’d get some info on the film from them.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
I dont think QT will do audio commentaries for any of his own films. Unless hes changed his preference not to review his own films firsthand.[/quote]

But he did a commentary on Reservoir Dogs. I heard (I think it might have been on the From Dusk Til Dawn commentary) that he was gonna do one for Pulp Fiction too but it was something that he never got round to doing.

He didnt do one for Dogs, it was just outtakes from interviews. Ive heard him say he isnt going to record audio commentaries for his own directed work. Unless hes changed his mind, dont expect any.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
He didnt do one for Dogs, it was just outtakes from interviews. Ive heard him say he isnt going to record audio commentaries for his own directed work. Unless hes changed his mind, dont expect any.
[/quote]

Yeah, you’re right about RD, my bad.

Yeah, he only does commentaries on his own films while doing a commentary track for other films. FDTD, Hostel, Hot Fuzz. You have to listen to them all to hear things about his films that he’s never mentioned before.

SO I"m curious. If the Whole Bloody Affair comes out, can we then call it one movie? For instance on IMDB can it have it’s own page and an awesome rating, or will it still always be considered two films?

Kill Bill IS one movie. It was always one movie. Just like Bastards will be one movie.

I hate it when I hear people say “I like the first one but…” Because I then have to say “Fuck you, it is one movie! You’re an idiot!”

actually guys, its two movies. it was released seperetly in theatres and on dvds, it IS two movies.

OF COURSE it was written, shot, and created as one film. spiritually its one movie, but technically its two films and dats dat. to quentin fans, its one movie, to normal people its two.

btw

WHEN THE FUCK IS THE BLOODY AFFAIR COMING OUT?

i saw the pic, the box looks awesome, BUT WHERE DA FUCK IS IT

[quote=“Mr. Jettah”]
actually guys, its two movies. it was released seperetly in theatres and on dvds, it IS two movies.

OF COURSE it was written, shot, and created as one film. spiritually its one movie, but technically its two films and dats dat. to quentin fans, its one movie, to normal people its two.

btw

WHEN THE FUCK IS THE BLOODY AFFAIR COMING OUT?

i saw the pic, the box looks awesome, BUT WHERE DA FUCK IS IT
[/quote]

Why do the credits of Volume 1 appear in Volume 2?

I thought the reason there were two credits sequences at the end was because the colored one was for Vol 1 and the B&W one was for Vol 2. But its one film, thats why there is no end credits sequence after Vol 1.