The Whole Bloody Affair

if you head over to empireonline.com there is an article on the upcoming release on the whole bloody affair dvd, feautring new animated scenes…

good news, good news! I hope there’s new Esteban Vihaio material.

He should do the 2 anime movies. One about Bill’s mentors and father figures and another one, oh i dunno. it’s Kill Bill so it would be awesome.

new Kill Bill material = heaven.

seems to confirm the scoop from the other topic.

well the kills bills are available on bluRay already, so of course they will release those on Bluray as well, why wouldn’t they.

Fucking great news ;D I hope the Deadly Vipoer Assasination Squad animated video is on there. When is the Grindhouse box-set coming out? Does anyone know?

If this is the case, then QT has definitely made up for the long wait. Awesome to hear this!! Its gonna be one kickass DVD set! 8)

There’s a DVD link for The Bloody Affair at Amazon! Maybe you guys knew but I sure as hell did not! ;D ;D :smiley: :smiley: :-</E> :‘( :’(

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Bill-Whole-B … 186&sr=1-1”>http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Bill-Whole-Bloody-Affair/dp/B000R7HY0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1209042186&sr=1-1</LINK_TEXT>

Apperently there will be new anime shorts put into the final cut of both films.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/04/22/um … kill-bill/”>Reality TV Shows, Celebrity News, Pop Culture & Music Videos | MTV</LINK_TEXT>

Kill Bill is one film. People need to stop referring to it as separate films. Its 10 chapters split into two parts.

yeah see the other topic, i think we need to merge this shit now, we have 3 separate topics all dealing with this :wink:

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Kill Bill is one film. People need to stop referring to it as separate films. Its 10 chapters split into two parts.
[/quote]

well blame QT and Harvey for it, the two volumes are really very different from each other, only TWBA will do away with all the “i like volume 1 better” shit

My daughter loves Kill Bill, but she only wants to watch vol. 1. So, to her, they’re two different movies. She goes, “I wanna watch the one where she kills”. Bless her.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
well blame QT and Harvey for it, the two volumes are really very different from each other, only TWBA will do away with all the “i like volume 1 better” shit
[/quote]

Yeah true. From then on it will just be known as Kill Bill hopefully.

you know what? if Quentin is going to make more anime stories for The Whole Bloody Affair dvd, then he SURE AS FUCK can make that Cowgirls in Sweden trailer for the eventual Grindhouse dvd. After all, the only reason he didn’t do it first time was because he ran out of time working on Death Proof.

C’mon QT, GIVE US A GRINDHOUSE TRAILER OF YOUR OWN!

I volunteer for whoever character gets to screw around with the cowgirls :wink:

It is annoying these delays, cuts, recuts, releases, rereleases rererereleases etc.

I bought the original UK versions of KB 1 and 2.

And the japanese versions (Which make the UK versions obsolete)

I have to wonder though what TWBA can really ad to the already exellent Japanese versions?

How many cuts of a movie can one release not to rip fans off one too many times?

Like Scott with this 5 different Blade runner cuts released over 20 somewhat years?

Then releasing a deluxe boxset combining them all.

Make the movie as it was intended, release it completely with all the extras possible, and move on to do a new movie. One revisit/recut is allowed but not more, please… (Hope George Lucas will stop looking back and release a proper 6 movie complete SW box already)

Like the 6 disc Grindhouse set (Which I couldn´t resist not to buy any longer)

It´s exellent in many ways and more, but I´m sure there will be a worldwide version that will include most but not all japanese extras and will include some more stuff like RR´s 10-minute film school making the BBQ sauce and the Swedish trailer with Seb and me deep down in blond bush :wink:

who told you I’d share those swedish girls with you out of all people? :wink:

i agree with you that constant re-cuts and different versions are annoying, but in the end there’s a very simple reason for it: people fucking buy it.

I have nothing against different versions/cuts of a movie, as long as there is a “definite” one. Just choose whatever version you like.

The Kill Bills work perfectly as two different movies, but I imagine it will work as one overlong movie as well.

I hate it when they double-dip, and release newer versions, but in a way, I love it. I hate having to buy the stuff, but then I’m all excited and happy about the new scenes or material.

Like with Hot Fuzz. I bought the awesome UK version. Then I bought the US version. Then 3 months later, they came out with the ultimate 3 disc collector’s edition, and I bought that too. So within 5 months, I spent over $80 on the same movie. At least QT stretches it out a bit.

With Kill Bill it would be pretty dull if TWBA was just the films put together with nothing added. QT probably loves it so much he feels the need to add even more cool stuff to it for fans. Its his best work so far I think. Its a beautifully done exploitation-pop-revenge film epic.

The only thing that would make it cooler would be to have commentaries added as well.