Once Upon a Time in Mexico

El Miriachi was on IFC the other night, So fucking funny when the Hotel Manager dials the phone # in fast forward. Kills me every time. All 3 movies are completely different. Hard to call it a trilogy, and compare them all.

El Miriachi : Low Budget Indie Masterpiece ($7,000 budget - Unbelievable!!!)

Desperado : Remake/Follow up. Much like the 1st movie with bigger cast / budget.

Once upon a Time… : Big Budget Studio Ensemble Revenge picture.

i think it’s a nice movie, probably the best one out of the trilogy…even though rodriguez takes the story almost too seriously in a couple of situations…

johnny depp’s character is completely unuseful, if not for his crow-like ending, i would have given him less space, really.

i loved the role given to enrique…absolutely fitting, i guess ;D

i agree. with so much time given to depp it almost doesnt feel like an El Mariachi movie

[quote]i agree. with so much time given to depp it almost doesnt feel like an El Mariachi movie[/quote]

And if they’d have given all of the time to Depp, the movie would’ve been great! What a shame… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yah exactly. The only reason I like this movie is cuz Depp is so fuckn cool in it.

i would have loved if RR gave all the time to depp. but if he did that and said it was the last of the EL Mariachi’s, id be dissapointed

i saw it and really liked it but are there ment to be subtitles cause like they were talking mexican and there were no subs.

it depends. some parts they didnt subtitle some spanish and sometimes they did

I hate it when they do that. Not all of the language is in subtitles…only the dialogue that is important to the plot and story. Fuck that, ALL of the foreign dialogue should be subtitled.

Some of what was in Spanish, but not subtitled, was clearly understandable, even if you only marginally understand Spanish. Rodriguez probably would have felt it an insult to the viewers’ intelligence to include EVERY snippet.

Well, yeah. My bad, I meant besides the basic spanish. I was talking about movies in general.

I saw this recently, and thought it was a very fuckin cool movie. It had loads of action and great characters, and it actually had a plot, unlike Desperado. Johnny Depp was great as Sands, that dude deserved much more screen time. Overall, a kick-ass movie with great music and hilarious scenes. One of my favorite parts is right after Sands gets his eyes ripped out, and he bumps his head while talking to the Mexican Kid. ;D

One of my only problems with the movie is that the story often got too complex and El Mariachi was nowhere to be seen for much of the last 20 minutes of the movie. And I do also wish that there had been a GBU style shootout at the end, that would have kicked so much ass. I liked Mexico alot more than Desperado, but El Mariachi is still probably my favorite.

no but seriosly nothing was subtitled so im like uh wtf

Were u watching a bootleg? cause i know there was a bootleg goin around w/ no subs, i dont think u can turn off the ones on the DVD, so…

what region dvd do you have? it might have to do with that

Region 1.

He was asking Spaghetti Western, he didn’t quote.

Woops, sorry. My bad.

lol im in Australia and its not even out so i got a copy from my friend and i guess he got it off the net.

yaeh that might explain your problem