InglOUrious BastErds (title controversy)

you know you love it, texan

sigh Yeahhhh. :wink:

I can’t take that title seriously at all, but I’m going to have to accept it. I guess the title alone tells you quite a bit about the film itself.

I noticed QT wearing the same shirt he wore on the set to Kill Bill. Maybe a lucky shirt? Haha.

This is crazy. Customers won’t even manage to find the dvd when they use retail search engines. And then nobody should bitch why sales volumes are so low. These people have lost their fucking mind.

hahahha i think its awesome nobody ever did that in a serious production.

ure right scarface, but i still think its great xD so retarded, so fucked up, so rule breakin, so quentin :stuck_out_tongue:

So retarded, yet so brilliant.

[quote=“Scarface”]
This is crazy. [/quote]
[quote=“Scarface”]
These people have lost their fucking mind.
[/quote]

lol scar’s getting really worked up about this! My thinking on it is ‘why, but why not?’ I think its sorta dumb myself but I guess we’ll all get used to it. I just hope there’s a really cool reason behind it and that its not writen like that ‘just because’.

Theres a reason behind it. QT wouldnt misspell it for no reason at all. Even if its a small reason, I dont care. The more quirky it is, the more I like it. I like having to guess at stuff like this. Its no different than the question: What does Reservoir Dogs mean?

I lived by the big Addicks Reservoir in Houston. I’ve seen actual reservoir dogs, they run in a pack and feed off the weaker ones. Wild dogs running loose in the reservoir. Makes perfect sense to me. (there’s even a pride of tigers in that reservoir… for real)

Anyway, a bit off-topic, but to somewhat validate others’ worries… I’ve had SEVERAL dreams about this movie, and in most of them, I’m fighting to tell people that it’s really really good, when it isn’t. I know this is just one of my worst fears coming through, because it’s on my mind so much. I know it’s gonna be great just from the script I’ve read, but still, it leaves an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

The eccentric title isn’t helping much. As much as I think it’s daring, QT weird, and somewhat cool, I know I’m going to have to explain it’s purposity to the idiots. I hate this place.

ye i think this is one of those

reporter: hello mr tarantino

quentin: yo

reporter: okay i simply cant resist to ask you this quesiton and i think everyone is going nuts about this one. but whats up with the title?

quentin: oh hahha, well its funny coz the thing is…

-things. u know, dont worry about it, we will find out soon enough

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Its no different than the question: What does Reservoir Dogs mean?
[/quote]

I don’t think it’s like that at all. We all know what “inglorious bastards” means. The only mystery surrounding the title is why it’s spelt in the most retarded way. If I was to guess, I’d say it’s because it’s a play on the different accents spoken (English, French, German). Perhap different characters in the film say it differently, perhaps one significant character says it like that. All I know is that so often when it comes to these things, QT has multiple reasons for it. I mean there are a million reasons why Bill is called Bill. So we can all be sure that QT knows what he’s doing. The only thing is, that doesn’t mean it’ll prove to be a success in any sense of the word. Only time will tell. But for now, it’s HIS movie, and he’ll name it whatever HE wants!

[quote=“Geoi”]
I lived by the big Addicks Reservoir in Houston. I’ve seen actual reservoir dogs, they run in a pack and feed off the weaker ones. Wild dogs running loose in the reservoir. Makes perfect sense to me. (there’s even a pride of tigers in that reservoir… for real)
[/quote]

QT did explain where the title came from - “that Reservoir movie” (Video Archives).

[quote=“Geoi”]
Anyway, a bit off-topic, but to somewhat validate others’ worries… I’ve had SEVERAL dreams about this movie, and in most of them, I’m fighting to tell people that it’s really really good, when it isn’t. I know this is just one of my worst fears coming through, because it’s on my mind so much. I know it’s gonna be great just from the script I’ve read, but still, it leaves an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

The eccentric title isn’t helping much. As much as I think it’s daring, QT weird, and somewhat cool, I know I’m going to have to explain it’s purposity to the idiots. I hate this place.
[/quote]

It’s tough being a QT fan ;D

But I know what you mean. I have met so many people that don’t “get” QT or his films. I like telling them about it, just to see their faces change. Not everyone can be experts in everything. You can either inform them, or let them be. In the end, it all boils down to personal taste. QT can’t satisfy everybody. And to those he does, we love him for it!

Me, I’m really confident. The script is his best since Pulp Fiction, so many great scenes filled with strong characters, I have no doubt about that, and his technique as a filmmaker has improved since. Death Proof might have bored some, but his camera work was truly impressive. And whatever the title is, it won’t change any of that. So I don’t really care about it.

However, the reactions it provokes makes me laugh hard. Love QT, he knows very well how to have fun.

Im just not bothered by this particular thing. Who the hell cares how a title is spelled anyway? Is it going to affect your life if you see something not spelled right? All you need to know is theres a reason for it. Just accept it and move on.

Also Im not sure but the word BASTARD might be considered a curse word and that might have some reason for why its not being spelled with an A.

So you wanna crack up the discussion?

P.S: My favorite is “Inglorious Basterds”, too

I just want the movie to be great. It could be called Inglooriush Bazturds. I dont care.

LOL. That’s my favourite spelling of it, right there.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
I just want the movie to be great. It could be called Inglooriush Bazturds. I dont care.
[/quote]

is he kissin’ the first move theatre inglourious basterds will be showed in.

i think the jew kids will like this flick a lot

[quote=“Mr. Jettah”]
is he kissin’ the first move theatre inglourious basterds will be showed in.
[/quote]

If it’s the case, I guess the first time it will be shown will be in Jerusalem. ;D

wudnt that be hilarious xD