InglOUrious BastErds (title controversy)

I guess Quentin always does his best to alienate the mainstream crowd, doesn’t he? Remember the time he named a movie Grindhouse and nobody went to see it because nobody had a clue what Grindhouse means? What will Joe and Marta be thinking of a movie title spelled wrongly?

IHOP will be serving Inglourious Bastarts, a delicious frosted tart with apple filling to promote the film.

LOL Pete! ;D I don’t reckon it matters… Most people probably won’t even notice that’s it’s misspelled. My stepdad can’t spell anything with more than 4 letters correctly.

Maybe its QTs tribute to dyslexics or something.

Or maybe he’s trying to start his own language… Much like English, only not.

Obviously QT has strong philosophical reasons for the title change.

[quote=“Geoi”]
LOL Pete! ;D I don’t reckon it matters… Most people probably won’t even notice that’s it’s misspelled. My stepdad can’t spell anything with more than 4 letters correctly.
[/quote]

Ahahahahah, that's funny, because you meant your name. Geoi, instead of Joey. Hah, that was a good one. Hey I didn't die from the hurricane.

[quote=“Geoi”]
I don’t reckon it matters… Most people probably won’t even notice that’s it’s misspelled.
[/quote]

Hey… not everyone is American ;D

[quote=“Ify”]
Hey… not everyone is American ;D
[/quote]

True. :confused:

ive always suspected that the title was actually “basterds”, because that seemed like a way to say: this movie is not a remake of "inglorious bastArds"

come on! do u guys really believed he didnt know how to spell “bastards”…im braziliam, my english is pretty retarded and i know how to spell it!

Perhaps there’s a scene in the movie where one of the Bastards (who I presume are all illiterate) comes up with the name and writes it on his helmet or something, with spelling mistakes and all. That’s the only reason i could come up with.

I sort of figured Aldo Raine, a poor Tennesee hillbilly came up with the name and Inglourious Basterds was his spelling of the title.

That’s sort of what I was thinking too.

Aldo Raine could be Tarantino’s alter ego :wink: what if QT had joined the Army instead of moving to Hollywood as a kid

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
I sort of figured Aldo Raine, a poor Tennesee hillbilly came up with the name and Inglourious Basterds was his spelling of the title.
[/quote]

thats probably it mate!

[quote=“Sebastian”]
Aldo Raine could be Tarantino’s alter ego :wink: what if QT had joined the Army instead of moving to Hollywood as a kid
[/quote]

He always talks about how hes a “method writer” and becomes the characters as he writes them.

Maybe QT is just something that he wrote! What if QT isn’t QT at all!

According to /film.com <LINK_TEXT text=“/Film | Reporting the Reel World … -basterds/”>/Film | Reporting the Reel World</LINK_TEXT> The Weinstein confirmed the misspelled title Inglourious Basterds … :-</E>

lol can we stop calling it “misspelled” when it’s by now obvious that that’s just the way Quentin wrote it on purpose? :wink:

Quentin’s so crazy.