Wolf Creek (2005)

I saw Wolf Creek!

It is really good, it takes time to get to know the characters so that you actually care about them and was so cool.

It is sure to be a hit in the US, a lot of people say that their friends walked out of the cinema because of teh violence and the violence is both realistic and sadistic, making it quite a violent film. I didnt find it worthy of leaving the cinema, but because teh violence is realistic and sadistic, you feel it so much more than if you were watching a guy being machine-gunned to death in a blaze of blood.

Considering that Miramax paid 7 million for the distributing rights in the US id say that it will get a big release and i thoroughly recommend it.

Some European countries and UK have also got the distribution rights so it should appear around.

Although, i have a feeling that Australian tourism will be at an all-time low after this film’s release though.

If you dont trust my word here is some other cool facts.

This is the only Australian film to be at Cannes and Sundance in the same year and only the third film ever to appear in the Director’s fortnight at Cannes (the first being Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 1975 and the second being the Blair Witch Project in 1997)

I revived this topic because i believe Wolf Creek would have been released by now in the UK and in the USA.

Can anyone tell me what they thought (if they saw it)?

u can watch the proposition trailer here:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://sonypictures.com.au/movies/thepr … index.html”>http://sonypictures.com.au/movies/theproposition/index.html</LINK_TEXT>

doesn’t look bad

I have seen Wolf Creek on the Big Screen. It wasn´t bad, but I don´t like the way it ended.

Although watching “Wolf Creek” eventually leaves something like a stale taste in the mouth, it’s a slasher-movie worthy of checking it out [size=70](Hmm, I wonder if that’s a legit expression . . .)[/size]. Very straightforward and with disturbingly real camera-work “Wolf Creek” tells the Ordeal of three teenagers, who are falling into the hands of a sadistic killer roaming the Outback, truly void of any human feelings. Realistic behaviour is being capitalized, so when there’s Panic in the script, the feeling of utter helplessness really translates as contagious. The decisions of the actors are never stupid, the depiction of violence cold and brutal (nothing like splatter, though). The ending comes to suddenly, though, and the general conclusion felt a little unsatisfying, because there’s no real showdown. On the visual side “Wolf Creek” looks just great, despite the small budget. Refined images and awesome pictures of desolate, yet beautiful landscape-scenes almost made me forget, that I was indeed watching a Horror-Movie.

The most horrific detail was the australian accent, though (No offense, Angel). :wink: For a native german with some major english skillz0rz it was really hard to understand, but I’m not letting a minor detail like this spoil the general impression a movie had on me.

it was pretty good…my biggest complaint as some others have said is the ending…it just kind of stops…thats it…and i really expected more violence then there was…everybody played it up to be this brutally violent film…but it wasnt that bad in my eyes…i acutally thought it had very little violence…but it did look great…and the person who played Mick…John Jarret…i believe his name is did a wonderful job…

[quote=“diceman”]
The most horrific detail was the australian accent, though (No offense, Angel). :wink: For a native german with some major english skillz0rz it was really hard to understand, but I’m not letting a minor detail like this spoil the general impression a movie had on me.
[/quote]

No offence taken. We get it all the time. They dubbed Mad Max with an American accent when they released it in the US because they thought no one would be able to understand it. How many other times have they dubbed an English-speaking film in English? lol.

I think it was a decent slasher movie, kept me entertained, that’s for sure. I agree with the dialogue hard to hear because of the accent, no offense also, but it was hard to hear the words they were saying.

I liked the first half a lot, the characters really felt like real people. Too bad the second half sucked big time.

I really liked the way this movie built up its characters, and then just cut them down. The strong female character (can’t remeber her name) looks like she will be the one to survive and possibly get the others out and then it suddenly changes and she is in fact the first to die.

You are then meant to assume the blonde girl has it sussed and will get away but of course she is hunted down, and there is no massive chase or fight like you often see in horror movies she is just shot snd thats it. Then the character you expect least to survive does.

I must say it kinda sucked because it looked like they just rushed that bit, he escaped, was found and the film ended in a matter of a couple of minutes.

I’m Australian and I havent seen this movie, its been on my to do list for a long time now. Sorry about our accents guys, they annoy me just as much as you.

I have to put up with it every time I talk :smiley:

hehe! lol, [quote=“Nalliac”]
Sorry about our accents guys, they annoy me just as much as you.

[/quote]
hehe! lol :slight_smile:

i thought the film was really good, the creepy evil man’s laugh scared me! :frowning: lol!

:slight_smile:

[quote=“Nalliac”]
I’m Australian and I havent seen this movie, its been on my to do list for a long time now. Sorry about our accents guys, they annoy me just as much as you.

[/quote]

Yay, another Australian! I didn’t even know you were Australian.

I didnt know you were Australian untill this topic, but now I do.

[quote=“Angel”]
Yay, another Australian! I didn’t even know you were Australian.
[/quote]

I dont have any personal attachments to this country… or indeed any place as i continuously move… it may be a bit perverse to even call me to be Australian…

[quote=“Jack Wolfgang”]
I liked the first half a lot, the characters really felt like real people. Too bad the second half sucked big time.
[/quote]

It was the other way for me. I liked the second half better than the first. But I didn’t really like this movie…I don’t think it was that good, but that’s just my opinion.

what a silly pointless movie.

spoiler!!!:

hey i got an idea lets put some young australians in a car in the desert and kill them, errrrrrrrrrr duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that was the whole movie. really dumb!

Don’t be a moron. It’s a fucking horror film. If you knew that then you would have expected exactly that. Every single film can be summed up in one sentence like that and made to sound like a stupid film. Doesn’t make it true. It ain’t the greatest film ever. I am proud because given the state of the Australian film industry, it is quite an achievement.

Agreed, lets sum up the Godfather in one sentence with bad grammar.

why dont we just kill some mob guy and let his son take over, errr duuuuuhhhhhhh

In a sense, that was the whole of the Godfather.

This movie is really good In my opinion probably best horror movie In a long time.