Why is Mr. Blonde Bad?

[quote]no, im not saying i fukin think its ok to torture people.  im saying in the point of view of the all the criminals in the heist, doing these things are ok. quentin created this gangster film in the point of the criminals, am i right?  so should’nt we at least look at it in their point of view?  all this time you guys have been raving about your own moral views.  im saying that its not all about that.  you can’t go around calling everything you want “evil”?  wtf is evil neways?  you guys are going to tell me what necessarily QUALIFIES as “evil”?  i mean, if you’re gonna analyze it like that, this argument will end up solving nothing.  [/quote]

What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you mentally insane? I hope so, because i don’t want people this stupid wandering the streets. You asked us if they were evil. NOT if they thought they were evil. Who gives a flying turkey-shit if they believe they’re right? It’s in their point of view. Great. If a movie was made about 9/11 and it was in Osama’s point of view, i wouldn’t feel like he was the good guy. I would think he was evil. He thinks he’s right. That’s just fucking wonderful.

[quote]
look, everyone at least one time in their life, has caused pain, suffering, something to someone else to gain something.  now you’re telling me that you’re the one who can draw the line and say, everything past this is fukin evil?  ÂÂ
[/quote]
No, everyone has done evil things. What’s your point?

Yeah, They all killed people. Who gives a fuck what they think, it’s what we think. We’re the observer, this story is for us. Blonde is bad because he killed a very young woman, i’m sure a few cops, and tourtured that one marve.

In regards to the above, I didn’t leave it out. As a matter of fact, that very bit is the part you didn’t understand, and wanted me to explain more fully. Check this out:

[quote]
its from this[/quote]

Ah! You are so very right. I forgot I wrote that. I meant that the cops didn’t come to help Orange because they had no way of knowing anything was wrong with him.

[quote]
my point is that not everyone is evil, even though they do evil things.  as a matter of fact, i dont think anyone is evil.  just misguided, overzealous for the wrong ideas or through the wrong means.  the only place where truly evil people exist is in novels, films, fictional stories that are so basic as to have the “good guy” and the “bad guy”.  the real world isnt like that and to say that tarantino made a film with “bad guys” would be an insult.  his stories, especially his characters, are more complex than that.  i feel like if you watch this movie in only one point of view, you’re being cheated out of the whole experience.[/quote]

Sure, you can watch the film from any point of view, and I’m sure a lot of people do (myself included). By doing this though, you should be able to see that some of the characters motivations are wrong, ammoral, and evil. There are some twisted people, both in movies and out. To say that evil people don’t exist is a statement that tries very hard to be objective, but ends up as limited and childish.

i think it if they made a movie bout Benny Laden, you would be able to sympathize w/ him about his views on capitalism and greedy Americans, but never about the fuckin shitty things he has done like 9/11. When human life gets in the way of making a point, nobody listens to the message

[quote]
my point is that not everyone is evil, even though they do evil things.  as a matter of fact, i dont think anyone is evil.  just misguided, overzealous for the wrong ideas or through the wrong means.  the only place where truly evil people exist is in novels, films, fictional stories that are so basic as to have the “good guy” and the “bad guy”.  the real world isnt like that and to say that tarantino made a film with “bad guys” would be an insult.  his stories, especially his characters, are more complex than that.  i feel like if you watch this movie in only one point of view, you’re being cheated out of the whole experience.[/quote]
That’s a really good point. No one is fully evil, i guess i’ll buy that. I think it’s probably like if the person is fifty percent evil he’s considered an evil person. I know you can’t count it in percents, but no one does only evil things. For example, he didn’t rat on Joe, which was good, but i think his evils outweigh his good deeds. I knew this discussiion would finally go somewhere.

[quote]

weren’t there police officers near the wherhouse watching out for joe?  im sure they could see that orange got shot then.  plus, if they werent at least a little motivated to so how he was doing from a safe distance, that still proves that white cared more for orange.  white blew his cover by telling orange his first name, even though it was agains the rules.  it was a risk, and since he was so compassionate, he did what was right. ÂÂ
[/quote]

White has NEVER been the issue here. In my mind, he was a good guy. I could understand a case made that White was put into a bad situation, and is a really good dude. Whereas Blonde is not a good dude.

[quote]
That’s a really good point. No one is fully evil, i guess i’ll buy that. I think it’s probably like if the person is fifty percent evil he’s considered an evil person. I know you can’t count it in percents, but no one does only evil things. For example, he didn’t rat on Joe, which was good, but i think his evils outweigh his good deeds. I knew this discussiion would finally go somewhere.[/quote]

Evil isn’t something that can be measured, but it is something to be determined. One can’t actually measure how evil Blonde is in comparison to, say, Zed, but it is perfectly safe to say both are evil men.

[quote]

Evil isn’t something that can be measured, but it is something to be determined. One can’t actually measure how evil Blonde is in comparison to, say, Zed, but it is perfectly safe to say both are evil men.[/quote]
Yeah. I was just trying to say that no one is ALL evil.

Some people are a different kind of evil. Hitler didn’t think he was being a bad man, he though what he did was for the good of the people. Everyone else thought he was insane but Hitler thought he was doing the right thing. Then there is you’r Evil guy who knows what he is doing is wrong but does it for self intrest, like a thief, and dosen’t care that they did a bad thing. Blonde sort of fit into both

Blonde killed people to get his ass out of the bank, which is reasonable…i guess. But then, he cut off the ear of a cop. He knew what he was doing but didn’t care…he was going to burn him to death. It seems to me that Blonde fits into the kind of evil man that knows what he is doing is wrong but does it for self intrest, in this case self intrest is lighting a cop on fire for fun.

[quote]

but thats my point, blonde’s been living in the world of crime, where cops are the enemy.  of course, he’s gonna torture em, he doesnt really think its wrong.  they are the nazi scum, they are the fukin pigs.  i feel like the ear cutting scene has a lot of emotional impact on the audience, its sick and uncomfortable to watch.  but if you really think about it logically, blonde is no worse than the rest of em, he just takes it to the next level.  i understand some of us draw that line and say anything past this is completely fuked up, and hey, im one of those people.  but when you watch a good film, you’re not just a spectator, you’re experiencing it.  you start to look at the cops as kinda the bad guys too, just the same as you dont watch a sci fi flick raving about how unrealisitic it is.[/quote]

A cop would never torture someone like that (except for a few…)

[quote]
Yeah. I was just trying to say that no one is ALL evil.[/quote]

I dig. I wasn’t disagreeing with you, I was expounding upon your comment. :slight_smile:

[quote]
wait, you mean kind based on opnion?  i mean you DETERMINE how much medicine to take by the MEASUREMENT, on what basis do you determine?[/quote]

No, every illness needs a medication, it just so happens there is such a wide variety of diseases that it isn’t so simple to tell which of them is worse. They are all horrible in different manners, and as such, are difficult to compare. You still are able to tell that they are bad though.

And Blonde torturing “the enemy” doesn’t make him good. For one, he is on the wrong side of the law! Just because Blonde considered them Nazis (which I’m not sure he did), that wouldn’t make it so, and it wouldn’t justify killing, make that sadistically killing an innocent man. I could somewhat understand self defense, (although that wouldn’t be good either, as the criminal is in the wrong in the first place), but not what Blonde did. Unacceptable. Just because some Muslim terrorists think America is evil doesn’t make it true, and, as such, doesn’t make their actions any more excusable.

For another torturing (he would’ve to death) isn’t a pure thing, regardless of your state of mind. Take White for example, he acted, in my mind, justly. Sure, what he did was evil (beating a cop), but as you said, he was raised this way. Even he though wouldn’t have stood for the torture. He knew where the lines were and what shouldn’t be crossed. Blonde too knew this, but didn’t care. He also was on to White’s disapproval of his psychotic and sadistic killings, which is why he waited for White to leave because he could "go to work."

Again, I could understand this arguement if made for White, but not Blonde.

[quote]

A cop would never torture someone like that (except for a few…)[/quote]

And if they did, that too would be evil. (Unless there were very specific circumstances…such as the criminal being a Child murderer that just got off on bail or something…but I don’t wanna get in on that)

[quote]

but thats my point, blonde’s been living in the world of crime, where cops are the enemy.  of course, he’s gonna torture em, he doesnt really think its wrong.  they are the nazi scum, they are the fukin pigs.  i feel like the ear cutting scene has a lot of emotional impact on the audience, its sick and uncomfortable to watch.  but if you really think about it logically, blonde is no worse than the rest of em, he just takes it to the next level.  i understand some of us draw that line and say anything past this is completely fuked up, and hey, im one of those people.  but when you watch a good film, you’re not just a spectator, you’re experiencing it.  you start to look at the cops as kinda the bad guys too, just the same as you dont watch a sci fi flick raving about how unrealisitic it is.[/quote]

I don’t give a flying fuck what a killer thinks. I think killing is wrong no matter what he thinks. He may think he’s bad right but i think he’s wrong. That mother who killed all of her kids isn’t right for killing all her kids, she’s a bad person, it dosen’t matter what she thinks. Blonde is the same exact way.

[quote]
i was just responding to your thing about how blonde knew it was bad to torture the cop.  im saying, maybe he didnt know.  and didnt we already go over why watching a film with any kind of depth or complex characters under only one perspective is devalueing the film?  and wtf is up with this mother business, i dunno what happened, so stop talking to me like i do.
[/quote]

Maybe he didn't know? I can't see how you get around in this world.

[quote]
iand wtf is up with this mother business, i dunno what happened, so stop talking to me like i do.
[/quote]

Here you go, i can’t believe you never heard of it but here’s what i’m talking about.

http://fact.on.ca/news/news0106/hh01062d.htm

Read this and tell me that she’s not an evil person. I don’t care how crazy she it, she killed 5 of her kids and is a evil person. This is how i feal about Blonde.

I was asked once if I believe in evil, and at the time I thought that I did, but I really think that I don’t believe in evil as a force, but I think that evil lives in all of us by our choices. You choose to do this or that, you choose to believe in this or that, and for some people the lines aren’t the same and they choose to do something that in our eyes is evil, but in theirs it is not. Evil lives in all of us, and we choose at certain points in ur lives to let it out.

I disagree. Your statement alludes to everyone having evil natures, and I don’t think this is the case. I’m sure lots of people are very good at their very base level. Butm I’m also sure plenty of people have a beast inside of them. What defines us as good people, and human, is our ability to make our natures bend before our will, not the other way around. If someone willingly unleashes this monster inside of them, (Because they think it is fun, in the case of Mr. Blonde), that is evil. Pure and simple.