Vote for your favorite fake trailer

Best Trailer was…

• Machete
  • Werewolf Women of the S.S.
  • Don’t
  • Thanksgiving
  • Screw them all… HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN!

0 voters

(vote only after seeing all the trailers)

What is your favorite fake trailer out of the four?

I love the whole concept of the Werewolf Woman Of The SS, and judging by what I saw at the end of the Thanksgiving trailer it looks like A Clockwork Orange trailer with the classical music and other british crime/drama films with scifi and horror so maybe thats what he was going for and btw for you who don’t know Fu Manchu usually was this asian boss with a squirrely mustache like Nick Cage has in the trailer.

ps: Rob Zombie is a huge clockwork orange fan.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … iler&hl=en”>http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7656347491310375572&q=the+original+a+clockwork+orange+trailer&hl=en</LINK_TEXT>

Tell me if you don’t see some similarities for those of you that have seen it

[quote=“SeanZombie”]
Tell me if you don’t see some similarities for those of you that have seen it
[/quote]

Eh. As far as style of the trailer goes, I saw more similarities for A BOY AND HIS DOG.

[quote=“Laydback”]
Eh. As far as style of the trailer goes, I saw more similarities for A BOY AND HIS DOG.
[/quote]

wow yeah totally

Even though A Dog And His Boy came out in 1975 and A Clockwork Orange came out in 1971 :slight_smile:

I havent seen all the trailers yet but I have A strong feeling that Thanksgiving will be my favorite cause im such a fan of those 80’s horror movies and thanksgiving was the one holiday they didnt have. And everything in the trailer has 80’s all over it. I think thanksgiving was mainly influenced by My Bloody Valentine

Ya know, I gotta say Werewolf Women of the SS isnt Grindhouse enough for me. Its too new music video looking. I love the concept but it didnt look like I wanted it to. Even Fu Manchu doesnt look like Fu Manchu. It looks like Nic Cage with a beard. Eli and Edgar’s look more like actual old 70s/80s Grindhouse movies to me.

My fave trailer is def Thanksgiving.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Ya know, I gotta say Werewolf Women of the SS isnt Grindhouse enough for me. Its too new music video looking. I love the concept but it didnt look like I wanted it to. Even Fu Manchu doesnt look like Fu Manchu. It looks like Nic Cage with a beard. Eli and Edgar’s look more like actual old 70s/80s Grindhouse movies to me.
[/quote]

I dunno. Still gotta see the whole thing to judge it.

I highly respect the concept because I thought we would never, EVER, see a send-up of nazisploitation again (Let alone, a brief spoof of it for a faux trailer)

And unlike this poster,

WEREWOLF/SS actually has monsters in it! ;D

I am really looking forward to seeing the whole Werewolf/SS trailer

[quote=“PopeyePete”]

My fave trailer is def Thanksgiving.
[/quote]

I knw exactly what you mean… Thats the same way I feel… Nicholas Cage was a bad choice for Fu Manchu IMO, I dont knw why everyone one got excited when they heard hes playin the role… I really was looking forward for WWofSS the most but from what I saw it didnt live up to my expectations… Hope when I see the whole thing in theatres Id change my mind… They Call Him Machete is the coolest, the scene with Machete and the guys wife and daughter is the bomb…

I thought that Nic Cage was going to be in make up to look like the old Chinese guy. Instead it looks like a Rob Zombie music video with Nic Cage wearing a beard.

I have to see the whole thing on the big screen, but from what I saw, it let me down. :frowning:

I really dont think you can come up with an opinion of which trailer is the coolest… Every trailer is unique in its own way… I wanna say Machete but then I remember the impalment scene in Thanksgiving and change my mind, then I remember the kid holding the knife which is hilarious so I feel like sayin Don’t, but then I remember Trejo in the waterfall with the wife and daughter and the cycle goes on… Do you feel what Im tryin to say?

Discuss…

I picked Don’t. Ever since the movie, it’s became an easy inside joke…

“If you… want to spy… on your neighbor… DON’T!” - Disturbia

Machete!

I like the line about bad guys, can’t remember how it went…but it was something like: He kills the bad guys and you better hope you’re not the bad guy!

My faves in order:

Thanksgiving (the best take on real 80s slasher film trailers)

Dont (2nd best take on the 70s style British horror trailers)

Machete (A fun trailer but looked too much like a modern made for cable film)

Werewolf Women of The SS (I thought Id love this one the most but I found it lacking in all areas, and it didnt look like a genuine 70s Grindhouse trailer. It looked too MTV for me. Dr Fu Manchu is supposed to look Asian, not like Nic Cage with a paste on beard).

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
My faves in order:

Thanksgiving

Dont

Machete

Werewolf Women of The SS
[/quote]

I really didn’t like Werewolf Women also(considering the director is Zombie), but it had the perfect stunt casting of Nicolas Cage as Dr. Fu Manchu

Here’s my order…

1. Machete
  2. Thanksgiving
  3. Don’t
  4. Werewolf Women of the SS

since everyone’s doing the orders:

1. Don’t
  2. Machete
  3. Thanksgiving
  4. WWotSS

MY ORDER:

1. THANKSGIVING *****
  2. MACHETE *****
  3. DON’T **** 1/2
  4. WWOTSS **

Don’t and Thanksgiving.

I love the voice over of the Thanksgiving trailer!