>>Volume 1 Animated Sequences topic

I don’t have a source or anything, but I read in this magazine (forgot what it was called) that Kill Bill will feature a 10-minute anime sequence. What’s up with that? I’ve never heard of that before, that’s crazy!! I don’t think it’s bad, but just…different. What, will the movie take a break then all of a sudden go into anime, or will the anime just push the most violent part of the movie so it can get by the MPAA? Has anyone else heard about this? I think it might be cool, this actually reminds me of the Samurai short in the Animatrix. What do you guys think?

The mag had Uma Thurman on the cover, it says “KILL BILL. The only movie you need to see this year…”

As in actually IN the movie? If so, I imagine it will be at the point where Uma has the flashback to the cartoonish intro of each of the DIVA and/or at the point where O-ren’s rise to power is being told.

the anime part is the origin of lucy liu’s character. At least that’s what i read.

i think the anime thing would be cool. saying it wouldnt fit in the movie would be like saying spagetti western wouldnt fit, or kung fu wouldnt fit. then again, i love cartoons, me and my college buddies would allways get wasted and watch Heavy Metal

Hehe, anime spliced with Tarantino dialogue. I don’t ever recall an anime cartoon in which “fuck” is muttered every other word! ;D I have a question, because we all know QT uses vulgar language, how does Lucy Liu stand on it? Is she clean in Bill or does she have a dirty mouth like the rest of em? I’m not usually into oriental chicks, but I think that would be real sexy if a kung-fu chick like Liu would be cussin’ up a storm! :smiley:

[quote]Hehe, anime spliced with Tarantino dialogue. I don’t ever recall an anime cartoon in which “fuck” is muttered every other word! ;D I have a question, because we all know QT uses vulgar language, how does Lucy Liu stand on it? Is she clean in Bill or does she have a dirty mouth like the rest of em? I’m not usually into oriental chicks, but I think that would be real sexy if a kung-fu chick like Liu would be cussin’ up a storm! :smiley:[/quote]

I wish Quentin Tarantino had been invited to direct the last two episodes of Cowboy Bebop. I know the finale would have been a hundred times better then.

Possible spoiler if you haven’t read the script:

According to the script, The Anime part shows how O-ren became the head of all vice in Japan and took on the other Yakuza clans.

[quote]I don’t have a source or anything, but I read in this magazine (forgot what it was called) that Kill Bill will feature a 10-minute anime sequence. What’s up with that? I’ve never heard of that before, that’s crazy!! I don’t think it’s bad, but just…different. What, will the movie take a break then all of a sudden go into anime, or will the anime just push the most violent part of the movie so it can get by the MPAA? Has anyone else heard about this? I think it might be cool, this actually reminds me of the Samurai short in the Animatrix. What do you guys think?

The mag had Uma Thurman on the cover, it says “KILL BILL. The only movie you need to see this year…”[/quote]

The magazine is called Cinescape. It has two covers available one with Underworld on the cover the other with Kill Bill

Maybe the should have blue, pink and yellow (for blonde)? The Blue would be blue gatorade or something, the yellow, Sunny Delight, and the pink…Pepto Bismol?

[quote]Maybe the should have blue, pink and yellow (for blonde)? The Blue would be blue gatorade or something, the yellow, Sunny Delight, and the pink…Pepto Bismol?[/quote]

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Anyway, does anyone know who is doing the anime sequence? I think i read it somewhere, but i forgot.

[quote]Maybe the should have blue, pink and yellow (for blonde)? The Blue would be blue gatorade or something, the yellow, Sunny Delight, and the pink…Pepto Bismol?[/quote]

I think he meant to post under a topic un the pulp fiction section about the colors of drinks on Marsellus’ table when Jules calls him.

I thought the animation was being done by the cowboy bebop people, but I can’t remember.

OOOHH… :-X

So that’s where I posted it…

I guess I accidentaly posted in the wrong topic. My bad. Just keep walking, nothing to see here… :-[

Don’t worry storage, it happened to me too. Today i started a post and i can’t even find it. I don’t know how these things happen

tip: if you have several browser windows opened, it will JUMP to that window where a form pops up (i.e. where you wanted to post) that was opened first…

so double check where you write what :wink:

According to the Fango article, the company that did “Ghost in the Shell” is responsible for the anime in Kill Bill. QT also said there is some anime in Volume II as well.

Production I.G.

Will it be hand-drawn anime, or will it be computer-enhanced? Becuase I don’t want 10 minutes of Kill Bill looking like Yu-Gi-Oh cartoon crap.

Roger Avary was recently in Japan (promoting The Rules of Attraction there I believe) and apparently he saw some of the animation sequence for Kill Bill Vol. 1. Here’s what he had to say:

"My distributor (Gaga), who is also releasing “Kill Bill” in Japan, showed me the animation from the film. I only hope the rest of “Kill Bill” is as mind-blowing as the animation bits. I am so frickin’ ready to see this film. It didn’t help that they gave me more “Kill Bill” paraphernalia than “Rules of Attraction” paraphernalia. I may have to unload it on eBay. It just struck me, does any of this potentially violate Academy rules? I hope not…anyhow, I’m psyched."

Also, Production I.G. does very impressive and realistic animation. Should be interesting to see how it turns out. And am I the only one who is somewhat disappointed at RZA’s “Ode to O-Ren Ishi”? I know it was just a 30 second clip but in those 30 seconds it just didn’t have any flow.

I’m glad to hear that it’s not gonna be the pokemon shit. I love sketchy/detailed anime. If a ten minute anime sequence blew roger avary away, i can’t wait to see the whole movie. less than a month.

I just saw a bunch of animated shots from the movie. And it reminded me a bit of Cowboy Bebop of some sort…

Now don’t collapse: In a few minutes (maybe hours) I will publish an exclusive review of the soundtrack on www.tarantino.info - together with… now hold on to something: information on 2 never-seen-before trailers that will be on that CD, as well…

So, see you in some time… I will now write that review and listen to the CD again. Don’t forget to pre-order. That shit is awesome!