[Vol 2 OST] General Kill Bill volume 2 Soundtrack Talk

Holy Maria and Joseph, Jesus Christ!!! Wow, thats the soundtrack I prayed for to God! First of all there are three tracks by the best composer ever ENNIO MORRICONE! Thank you Quentin!!! And then comes Johnny Cash and another Luis Bacalov track, oh my God, I cannot stand :smiley: !

WOW, that soundtrack will kick ass!

noticed theres no “When will i see you again”

Sweet. More Morricone music to discover!

We all know about “Silhouette/Doom” but I dont know what those other 2 songs are lifted from. I just listened to a clip of “Il Tramonto” and it sounds a lot like “Lonely Shepherd”.

“Goodnight Moon” is a nice Sheryl Crow/type song and I’ve never heard of “About her” by Malcolm Mclaren, who’s best known for his B-Boy hit, “Buffalo Gals”.

And isn’t “Urami Bushi” the song that played on the end credits of Vol. 1?

[quote]noticed theres no “When will i see you again”[/quote]

Yes, thank God

Oh Snap! I just checked out “L’arena” at Artist Direct and come to find out it’s from The Mercenary!!!

For those who have seen the movie, this is that great,rousing tune that plays when Jack Palance duels with “Paco” in the bullring.

A terrific track that will fit well in Vol-2!

Great OST, but there’s only one RZA song on it?

I expected a bit more, before Vol 1 there was such a buzz over RZA working on the soundtrack and he turns out to do very little :frowning:

[quote]Great OST, but there’s only one RZA song on it?

I expected a bit more, before Vol 1 there was such a buzz over RZA working on the soundtrack and he turns out to do very little :frowning:[/quote]

To top it off, it’s hidden.

But there will probably be a few of his “strings/sfx” tracks that will conclude the CD as the last volume did.

And wasn’t R-Rodriguez supposed to contribute?

[quote]“Goodnight Moon” is a nice Sheryl Crow/type song
[/quote]

sort of a darkish lullaby, a very nice song indeed, i seriously doubted anybody knew anything about it outside europe…

and as for the rest…sounds amazing. now i really can’t wait :wink:

[quote]

To top it off, it’s hidden.

But there will probably be a few of his “strings/sfx” tracks that will conclude the CD as the last volume did.

And wasn’t R-Rodriguez supposed to contribute?[/quote]

Yeah, I remember reading that article at RottenTomatoes, but I don’t think it holds any water.

“Motorcycle Circus” is from Summertime Killer. Never seen the movie but judging by it’s plot, it sounds like Death Rides a Horse with a EuroAction setting.

Goodnight Moon is an awesome creepy song. I thought the lead singer sounded a bit like Dolly Parton. The bass lines rocked a lot real funky. The song was out around 1999…Im trying to place the song in the movie…

SPOILER LIL BITCHES!!!(just kidding yall aint biches…I am)

I think it’s the part where the Bride sneaks around at Budd’s Trailer…or maybe its the hotel scene…

JOHNNY CAAAAAASSHHHHH!!!

[quote]JOHNNY CAAAAAASSHHHHH!!![/quote]

;D

14 MALAGUENA SALEROSA - Chingon

That’s Robert Rodriguez’ band, I believe. They play a track on the OUATIM soundtrack.

If I’m not mistaken, Malaguena Salerosa also plays over the opening credits of Once Upon a Time in Mexico (not the “Malaguena” that Brian Setzer plays during the opening bar fight scene of that film, there are a few different “Malaguenas” apparently - I think I recall Rodriguez mentioning this in the commentary). El Mariachi also plays Malaguena Salerosa at the President’s request in a scene from OUATIM, I believe, though I could be mistaken.

Whered you get this info from??

Hey Seb, do you think they’ll send you some copies of the soundtrack for free in advance like they did for Vol. 1?

[quote]Hey Seb, do you think they’ll send you some copies of the soundtrack for free in advance like they did for Vol. 1?[/quote]

I’ll do my best to get one. But the company that did the promotion for Vol1, doesn’t do the promotion for Vol2, so I don’t know where to get it from, but I’ll do my best

Just dloaded Goodnight Moon

Very awesome. Very Tarantino.

Yeah, “Goodnight Moon” is a brilliant song. Since I heard it on Saturday I fell in love with it. Just a great female singing voice, excellent instruments. Typical Tarantino and absolutely brilliant. I think I’ll buy the album from Shivaree on CD :slight_smile: .

[quote]ok guys start your filesharing programs. i want links!!!

:wink: not that I encourage music piracy. not at all.

i just want to hear the stuff![/quote]

Word up.

Urami Bush. Wtf?? We already fuckin heard that in Volume 1! You guys think Volume 2 sountrack will be better than the first?