[Vol 2] honestly, who found vol.2 dissapointing

[quote]come on, admit it.[/quote]

You’re KIDDING right!?

Vol. 1 is an action classic! Vol. 2 is a dramatic classic!

Vol. 2 is packed with the emotion that I miss from films. While waiting for Vol. 2 to be released, I anticipated Bill’s death. At the end of the film, when Bill passed, I felt a great amount of sadness. A sadness I had not felt too many times in a movie theatre. EXCELLENT FILM!!!

8)

[quote]I thought the Pai Mei section could have been longer like in the script, but it had one of the most emotinonal scenes and best transitions in the whole movie.  When Bea was eating the rice and couldn’t do it and she kept trying and trying until she finally got a piece, the music started up and you knew that was the moment when she earned Pai Mei’s respect.  that same music also leading into the coffin was so moving to me, and probably my favorite part of the movie.[/quote]

The Bride busting out of the coffin with Il Tramonto playing in the background is probably my favorite moment in the movie. I just wanted to stand up and clap for her, it was that cool.

I also wish that the Pai Mei part had been more fleshed out in the script, where we really learn how much of a cruel bastard he is and how Uma finally begins to become a human being in his eyes.

[quote]

You’re KIDDING right!?

[/quote]

I just read a few of your later posts. Excuse my “KIDDING” remark…

8)

I think its amazing that I heard the audience(and myself) say ahhh in a Tarantino movie I WAS AMAZED at the a.k.a. Mommy thing at the end of the credits

all in all i loved the two movies and it was interesting to see what Quentin did with a very different movie for him, he pulled it off, I loved the movie but for different reasons that i loved his other more emotionally simple movies

Did anyone miss his trademark pop song soundtrack?

After loving Vol. 2 initially, I have grown to really dislike it. I thought it was slow and every situation was milked, like the final scenes between her and Bill and BB. It was too mushy for a Tarantino film.

Vol 1 and Vol 2 are two very diffrent sorts of movies, so when i first started to watch vol 2 it took me about 30 min to ‘adjust’ to it, but once I did I thourghly enjoyed it, especially how it examines the characters and WHY they did what they did (I thought Bill explanation to why he killed Beatrix was very effective)…I loved vol 2, but that said and done they are two very diffrent movies and thus you cant really compare them or say that one was better then the other, they both kicked-ass.

Until today I cannot decide which movie I love more: Vol.1 or Vol.2

So im just gonna say “Kill Bill” is the greatest movie I have ever seen and I will never forget it in my whole life. There probably won’t be another movie that can satisfy and entertain me the way Kill Bill did. (But if it happens, it can only be a “better” :o Tarantino movie)

I used to think that but then I watched Reservoir Dogs, and that movie is ten times the film KB will ever be

I preferred Vol. 1 because there was more action. Vol 2 seriously dragged on and some elements of Vol. 1 were forgotten

[quote=“Fatale”]
I preferred Vol. 1 because there was more action. Vol 2 seriously dragged on and some elements of Vol. 1 were forgotten
[/quote]

Ahhh! You’ve developed the dreaded Cinematic Attention Deficit Disorder. The only way to be sure is if you also think movies like Jackie Brown and The Godfather drag on.

If you are interested in movies in generell you have to love Vol.2

That’S a fact. It brings everything a great movie needs.

The only point that is dissapointing is that this movie has a running time of 136 min.

If you can say that’s a fact to be called dissapointing.

So because I found Vol. 2 disappointing, I have no real love for movies…how seriously pathetic. Get a grip people ::slight_smile:

I don’t think that Vol 2 was dissapointing at all! If anything I think it was better! It had more depth, insight into the characters, and a totally cool ending (In my opinion anyways) I liked the Final scenes where The daughter was involved, as I totally wasn’t expecting this kind of thing to be in the final scene! lol. This film (As a whole) Is possibly the best film i’ve ever seen, and deffinately my fave Tarantino film now!  ;D

Bella.x.

http://www.darkenchantment.co.uk <~~~ My website, please join the new forums :slight_smile:

I was a little dissapointed by it. Mostly because I don’t care about the parent-child relationship (Beatrix-B.B.). Had it been girlfriend-boyfriend, I would probably have cried. But… No…

I’m not that big a fan of the mood in the Bud scenes. And I didn’t like Helen Kim who played Karen. It was a good character, but a no good actress.

Now, do get me wrong here. It’s a great fucking movie. But I liked the first better.

I thought it was a pretty damm good movie. And it didnt feel like a sequel to me, more like a film to itself.

both kill bill 1 & 2 is awsome!

[quote=“kill olle”]
[/quote]

i salute to that.

if you found volume 2 disappointing then you should think twice about your own taste in movies, because volume 2 is so much a movie, other movies just pale in comparison to

The first time i saw Vol2 i wasn’t too fond of the Strip club scene but now I like it more every time i watch it. It adds a lot to Budd’s character.

The Blue Strip/Helen flashback should have been cut out completely. Bad acting and it also takes away from the (anti)climax.

I think the only reason the Esteban scene was put in the film (a great scene IMO) was because of the anime prequels that may come out one day. That scene should have been cut and placed in the special features. The Bride should’ve found the whereabouts of Bill from Sofie.

[quote=“young_master”]
I think the only reason the Esteban scene was put in the film (a great scene IMO) was because of the anime prequels that may come out one day. That scene should have been cut and placed in the special features. The Bride should’ve found the whereabouts of Bill from Sofie.
[/quote]

I think the Esteban scene was on of the best in Vol.2 and i wish an Extended DVD version would come out where that sequence is 10-15 mintes long. I think im gonna buy the HK DVD just to get the few more extra shots from the beginning of the Esteban sequence. i can spend another 14€.

[quote=“Tarantino Forum Admin”]
[quote=“kill olle”]
[/quote]

i salute to that.

if you found volume 2 disappointing then you should think twice about your own taste in movies, because volume 2 is so much a movie, other movies just pale in comparison to
[/quote]

What a load of crap. Have you actually watched more then 5/6 movies?