[Vol 2] honestly, who found vol.2 dissapointing

[quote]come on, admit it.[/quote]

Fuck you! I loved Vol.2 more than 1! Yur only disappointed cuz there was “too much dialogue” and not enuf “Vol.1 action”, what are you 12 years old son? Grow up. The movie fuckn owned you.

[quote]
I LOVED the music QT chose for Bill’s last few moments too. PERFECT! [/quote]

I liked Bill’s death walk music too, but I liked the way that piece of Morricone was used in Navajo Joe, rather than Kill Bill.

As for this topic. after first seeing Vol 1 I was dissapointed and not sure what I thought…it took repeat viewings to really understand that I liked it. After watching Vol. 2 I felt the movie started waaaaay too slow…originally for Vol. 1 I felt it started too fast with the Vernita Green fight, so for Vol. 2 the Massacre at Two Pines was the most long boring chapter in the movie, not a good way to start the film…plus I think it was Tarantino’s worst dialogue, and almost didn’t seem Tarantino (especially when The Bride turns and begins talking with her friends, what was he thinking?!) really corny crappy chapter i think, the only good part was the obviously the long shot coming out of the chapel, just show that scene Tarantino! Everything else could’ve been a voice over narration and done in 2 minutes…instead it dragged with bullshit.

The Pai Mei was too short, everyone seems to be saying that. I guess it could’ve been longer, I really liked the montage scene with Uma infront of the projection, that was fun.

One scene started waaaay too fast, it was Budd and Bill talking, it started right off with the Crazy 88 thing, “I guess they thought it sounded cool” That scene between Budd and Bill started off waaay too quick and didn’t last long enough…I re-read that scene in the script and he should’ve filmed everything he had written there, cause that could’ve been a better scene.

I didn’t like the graveyard. I remember little of it other than the scenery of it lacked spookiness. I didn’t like the long period of black screen. That was a big mistake, my eyes drifted around the theatre and no one else seemed to like it either. It didnt’ add anything, it took away, I would’ve felt more claustrophobic with the flashlight on then just in the dark.

As soon as Pai Mei’s scene followed, thats when the film got interesting.

Elle Driver saved this film, her scenes with Budd are gold. She is a fucking hard-core bitch. I loved the scene with her driving up to Budd’s camper, but it was kinda ruined cause the music ended then it suddenly cut to The Sunny Road of Salina playing. Two songs playing right after eachother, I didn’t like that.

Those were the main problems I had with the film, besides that, mostly everything was cool, I’ll need to see the film again several more times.

I also thought the characters spoke waaaaaay too slow, almost in a pretentious way, like everything they said had big words in them and everything they said was very important. The only characters who didn’t seem to do this were Pai mei, Elle, and Budd.

I think the Pai-Mei Chapter alone was worth my $6.75. And c’mon! The standoff between Elle and Uma was like "so this is why I came to see it on the big-screen."

I just love Kill Bill Vol 1 and Vol 2. 9.5/10 stars.

[quote]

As for this topic. after first seeing Vol 1 I was dissapointed and not sure what I thought…it took repeat viewings to really understand that I liked it. After watching Vol. 2 I felt the movie started waaaaay too slow…originally for Vol. 1 I felt it started too fast with the Vernita Green fight, so for Vol. 2 the Massacre at Two Pines was the most long boring chapter in the movie, not a good way to start the film…plus I think it was Tarantino’s worst dialogue, and almost didn’t seem Tarantino (especially when The Bride turns and begins talking with her friends, what was he thinking?!) really corny crappy chapter i think, the only good part was the obviously the long shot coming out of the chapel, just show that scene Tarantino! Everything else could’ve been a voice over narration and done in 2 minutes…instead it dragged with bullshit.[/quote]

I thought the wedding chapel was a perfect opening sequence. To truly understand it and put it in perspective, you have to watch the movie all the way through and actually listen to the Superman monologue at the end. Just as Clark Kent was Superman’s appraisal of the human race, dittzy Arlene Machiavelli was the Bride’s appraisal of her contemporaries. It was a very important in developing the Bride, and the most ideal point in which to introduce Bill. I personally thought when Uma’s about to break down in front of him before approaching the alter was one of the strongest moments in the entire film. It set the entire tone of film, and if you have a problem with it, then you have a problem with not just the scene, but the entirety of Volume II.

[quote]I didn’t like the graveyard. I remember little of it other than the scenery of it lacked spookiness. I didn’t like the long period of black screen. That was a big mistake, my eyes drifted around the theatre and no one else seemed to like it either. It didnt’ add anything, it took away, I would’ve felt more claustrophobic with the flashlight on then just in the dark.[/quote]

Less is always better. Its the number one rule in violence and horror. Just focusing on the audio of it was important, and it made the scene. Seriously, the whole thing would have really sucked if the flashlight had been on from the begining.

[quote].I also thought the characters spoke waaaaaay too slow, almost in a pretentious way, like everything they said had big words in them and everything they said was very important. The only characters who didn’t seem to do this were Pai mei, Elle, and Budd.[/quote]

You just listed off like all of the major characters of the film. If thats the case, then the only character you seem to have a problem with is Bill. Thats a rather weak criticism if you ask me.

Let me say, I’m not trying to attack your opinion. You made a few decent points, but you should seriously watch the movie again, and take into consideration the things I’ve said. I think it’ll really help your outlook upon multiple viewings.

[quote]

Fuck you! I loved Vol.2 more than 1! Yur only disappointed cuz there was “too much dialogue” and not enuf “Vol.1 action”, what are you 12 years old son? Grow up. The movie fuckn owned you. [/quote]
you have made me see the errors in my ways!! i now love kill bill vol.2 more than life itself!!!

jackass.

[quote]
you have made me see the errors in my ways!! i now love kill bill vol.2 more than life itself!!!

jackass.[/quote]
Your first post was just as ignorant, jackass

[quote]I think the Pai-Mei Chapter alone was worth my $6.75. And c’mon! The standoff between Elle and Uma was like "so this is why I came to see it on the big-screen."

I just love Kill Bill Vol 1 and Vol 2. 9.5/10 stars. [/quote]

you know its been a day since ive seen it. and this is becoming another typical tarantino flick. for every other tarantino movie (except vol. 1) i initially didnt like the movie that much. but after letting it sink in i realized it was really good and i should see it again soon

With me, that hapened for cvolume 1 aswell. i came out of the cinema disapointed! but then the more i saw it later the more i liked it! And now i just love the film!! Everytime i see Res Dogs, it getts better and better too!! and then after a time u realise, QT has done it, he’s made a fuckin masterpiece!!! :slight_smile:

[quote]
Your first post was just as ignorant, jackass[/quote]
how was it ignorant? simply because initially i felt somewhat dissapointed after seeing the movie? all i was trying to do by making this thread was to see if anyone else felt a little dissapointed too. im not saying i didnt like the movie. and by the looks of it, it seems like im not alone in feeling this way. read everyone elses posts here, then go kill yourself.

[quote]
how was it ignorant? simply because initially i felt somewhat dissapointed after seeing the movie? all i was trying to do by making this thread was to see if anyone else felt a little dissapointed too. im not saying i didnt like the movie. and by the looks of it, it seems like im not alone in feeling this way. read everyone elses posts here, then go kill yourself.[/quote]

You have every right to feel disapponted, but the “admit it” comment made you look like an arrogant prick. It seemed to imply that those who loved it are just lying to themselves. Which I don’t think is the case.

[quote]
how was it ignorant? simply because initially i felt somewhat dissapointed after seeing the movie? all i was trying to do by making this thread was to see if anyone else felt a little dissapointed too. im not saying i didnt like the movie. and by the looks of it, it seems like im not alone in feeling this way. read everyone elses posts here, then go kill yourself.[/quote]
Also by the looks of it, a lot of people liked it just as much as the guy you insulted, so whats your point?

Your “admit it” comment implies that we’re lying to ourselves in saying that we liked the movie. If it doesn’t than please make it clearer next time by posting more than 4 words.

my ‘admit it’ comment was just a way to go ahead and get the topic going, it does look like a pretty smart ass comment but i didnt mean it that way.

[quote]my ‘admit it’ comment was just a way to go ahead and get the topic going, it does look like a pretty smart ass comment but i didnt mean it that way.[/quote]
s’allright

when I first saw volume 1. I thought it was a masterpiece.

when I saw volume 2. It thought it was times better

Both combined are flawless. This could be the greatest film of the last ten years. I’m refeering to Kill Bill as a whole.

[quote]

Fuck you! I loved Vol.2 more than 1! Yur only disappointed cuz there was “too much dialogue” and not enuf “Vol.1 action”, what are you 12 years old son? Grow up. The movie fuckn owned you. [/quote]

it didn’t fuckin own me and that’s the problem. and i wasn’t lookin for more vol 1 action or less dialogue. my main problem was there were a few scenes that seemed out of place that weren’t in the script. namely the strip club and the pimp (what the fuck was up with that girls lips, i’m throwin the flag on that one, that was unneccesary).

Was the Micheal Jai White scene “can she bake a cherry pie?” cause that would have been a great scene.

My biggest problem was with the Pai Mei stuff. It’s MUCH better in the script. I wanted to see the Bride get to the point where she mastered the punch and shit. I wanted to see how she gained Pai Mei’s respect in order for him to teach her the five point exploding palm technique. Other than that no problems. I loved the movie, but it didn’t own me, which i hoped it would. I pretty much agree with Starkey.

Vol. 2 was quite pleasing to me as an overall I was prety satisfied after Uma said lets do it again at the end of the outtake.

Offcourse I wanted to see a longer Pai Mei scene, I was judt dying to see that scene alone, but it still rocked.

i think i found it a slight disappointment only because it was so good.

think about it. i was disappointed because i wanted to know more about budd. thats fucking amazing of tarantino for me to want to know about a character. he truly knows how to make a viewer care for characters and the movie

I really liked this film and I was not disappointed in the ending at all. A subtle touch goes a long way. I cannot picture the ending any other way.

I liked Volume Two more the second time around.

I thought the Pai Mei section could have been longer like in the script, but it had one of the most emotinonal scenes and best transitions in the whole movie. When Bea was eating the rice and couldn’t do it and she kept trying and trying until she finally got a piece, the music started up and you knew that was the moment when she earned Pai Mei’s respect. that same music also leading into the coffin was so moving to me, and probably my favorite part of the movie.

A lot of people I know who aren’t huge QT fans found Volume 2 better.  In my opinion, with these two volumes QT has created a Pulp Fiction and a Jackie Brown.  The first one is the more exhilerating experience, and the second was the more emotional one.

When Jackie came out, all the fans expected another Pulp, and when it turned out that the movie was a more matured dramatic film, they shunned it accordingly.  However, now a lot of people view it as Pulps equal, if not better. ÂÂ

I think it’ll take time for everyone to truly appreciate Volume 2 (the fanboys at least).  Watching both volumes at once will help, as people won’t think of it as waiting 6 months for the quieter than expected final showdown, but rather a couple hours. ÂÂ

(by the way, i liked Volume 2 better)