Unleashed aka Danny the Dog/Jet Li

Waht do you think about the movie?

Trailer:

<LINK_TEXT text=“iTunes Movie Trailers … ashed.html”>iTunes Movie Trailers</LINK_TEXT>

Pics:

Director: Louis Leterrier

Cast: Jet Li, Bob Hoskins, Morgan Freeman, Kerry Condon, Vincent Regan, Dylan Brown

Produktion: Europa Corp.

Musik: Massive Attack ( http://www.uk-fusion.com/content/view/576/ )

Script: Luc Besson, Robert Mark Kamen

Action Director: Yuen Woo Ping

Release dates:

Belgium: February 2, 2005

France: February 2, 2005

Germany: April 21, 2005

Netherlands: February 2005

U.K.: April 22, 2005

U.S.A.: April 8, 2005

The movie was first called: Danny the Dog and this is the official french HP: http://www.dannythedog-lefilm.com/

Now the movie is called unleashed (at least it will be in the States).

[quote]Script: Luc Besson[/quote]

Aww, that´s too bad. But I´m interested in Woo Ping´s choreography. Trailer doesn´t look too exciting, but at least this should be better than THE ONE which sucked big time in every possible way.

this could be ok, but nothing special

i dont like the director, the transporter sucked

@ Hung Fist:

It seems that he has more to do than “only” be a martial arts fighter. He can act.

The movie is made in Frace.

Do you think that he would get the same chance in Hollywood?

[quote=“CPS”]
@ Hung Fist:

It seems that he has more to do than “only” be a martial arts fighter. He can act.

The movie is made in Frace.

Do you think that he would get the same chance in Hollywood?
[/quote]

I don’t think any asian martial arts stars will ever get a chance to really act in Hollywood. Americans seem to think that asians are only good with action films, and that the audience would get bored to see them in serious acting roles. But many martial arts stars really can act, a great example is Heart of the Dragon in witch both Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung act really well. But I doubt Hollywood will ever give them chance to show their skills

(Sorry about the confusion, I could’t find edit button so I deleted my post just when you replied to it. Well here is my original post:

I think this one has potential to become the best Jet Li hollywood film yet. The film looks pretty dark and Woo Ping in a fim is always a good thing. Still, I don’t think we are getting anything that could be compared to their HK films.)

I think it is really a pity, that so many good actors from asia have no chance to shwo their abilities in Hollywood movies.

Anyway, what do you think abotu the fact that Besson is the man behind this movie? Seems that he knows to earn money with asian movies (like he did with Ong Bak in Europe)

Well, I have a bit mixed feelings about Besson. He has made some really good films himself, like Leon and The Fifth Element (and some bad too). But when he is not directing himself he seems to be doing exactly the same thing as Miramax does in the US. For example making a new soundtrack for Ong Bak. There was nothing wrong with the original soundtrack so what’s the point. But I still don’t think he is as bad as Miramax.

I don’t think Besson will ruin Unleashed. He is a film maker himself, after all (not any studio boss like the guys at Miramax). It also helps that this time Besson was the boss from the beginning, so he doesn’t fuck the film up after it’s allready completed. So, film makers doing films produced by Besson are definetily under his control, but things could be worse, too.

[quote=“CPS”]
I think it is really a pity, that so many good actors from asia have no chance to shwo their abilities in Hollywood movies.[/quote]

Jet Li isn´t a good actor. If he would be, why should he do martial arts movies where he has nothing to do but kicking people´s asses and rarely say more than two sentences at a time??

Tony Leung is a good actor, Anthony Wong is a good actor - Jet Li isn´t. He´s way better than Jackie Chan, but that doesn´t say too much.

[quote=“Yoshitsune”]
Jet Li isn´t a good actor. If he would be, why should he do martial arts movies where he has nothing to do but kicking people´s asses and rarely say more than two sentences at a time??
[/quote]

Probably becouse no one is giving him a chance to show his talent. I haven’t seen so many of Li’s films that I could say he is a good actor but I ain’t sayin he isn’t, either.

[quote=“Yoshitsune”]
Tony Leung is a good actor, Anthony Wong is a good actor - Jet Li isn´t. He´s way better than Jackie Chan, but that doesn´t say too much.
[/quote]

Have you seen Heart of the Dragon. I thougt Chan was he was great in that film.

And even though Anthony Wong is a good actor he also has done a lot of films where he doesn’t (need) show his talent, like many cat III movies.

Well, if nobody gives him the chance to do what he´s really good at, he can produce himself, can he?? :slight_smile:

Jackie Chan: I didn´t see HEART OF THE DRAGON, but in most of his movies I know it´s clear to me that he´s not that talented when it comes to “emotional” aspects apart from the action. And I really don´t like it that much when someone tries to be funny by grimacing all the time. That really annoys me in some of his films.

I agree with you on Anthony Wong. But a guy like Christopher Walken also did a lot of small roles in “his” films (i think his best performances came out of supporting roles), and he´s awesome almost everytime he appears on screen - even in a movie like GIGLI. :wink:

I wouldn’t call Heart of the Dragon a really good drama with outstanding performances. Sammo Hung is quite okay as the childish type, but JC himself…i dunno…you see him try to act…

as of Danny the Dog…wonder, y suddenly Yuen Woo Ping is helming the action scenes, what’s with Corey Yuen Kwai ?

And who’s is Morgan Freeman giving here, Ray ?

[quote=“Contrai”]
I wouldn’t call Heart of the Dragon a really good drama with outstanding performances. Sammo Hung is quite okay as the childish type, but JC himself…i dunno…you see him try to act…
[/quote]

Okay, maybe I went a bit too far. I was just so pleased see Jackie and Sammo actually acting. But considering that it was a movie staring two martial arts comedy stars, Heart of the Dragon was well acted. It’s no oscar stuff but I found some scenes really touching, and that doesn’t happen in movies that are badly acted.

About Unleashed, why did they change the name? Danny the Dog was such a cool name, Unleashed sounds more of a typical hollywood action flick.

And how much does Amarican companies have to do with this film? It seems to be producted by Europa Corp. but im still afraid that some US company like Miramax starts (or already has) fucking with the movie and make it more appropriate for american taste.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
About Unleashed, why did they change the name? Danny the Dog was such a cool name, Unleashed sounds more of a typical hollywood action flick.[/quote]

Yeah, well, that may be the main reason. If I wouldn´t know the trailer, I think I would rather go see a movie called THE UNLEASHED than one called DANNY THE DOG. That sounds like some weak family comedy to me.

[quote=“Yoshitsune”]
Yeah, well, that may be the main reason. If I wouldn´t know the trailer, I think I would rather go see a movie called THE UNLEASHED than one called DANNY THE DOG. That sounds like some weak family comedy to me.
[/quote]

Well, thats true. It sounds like a Disney movie. But if you know what the movie is about, a man who has lived he’s whole life as a slave, then this title starts to work in a whole different way. But I quess it would be a little hard to market the movie with a name like that. But it has been done before: The Rules of Attraction. I haven’t seen the movie but I heard it’s not exactly an romantic comedy. Well, I just wish people would’t decide what to watch judging by the movies title.

There was no sound on the trailer but it looked ok. I haven’t seen the Transporter - is it any good??

[quote=“FILM NUT”]
There was no sound on the trailer but it looked ok. I haven’t seen the Transporter - is it any good??
[/quote]

On this site is a Trailer with Window Media: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/550/550606p1.html?fromint=1
Maybe it works better for you..

[quote=“FILM NUT”]
I haven’t seen the Transporter - is it any good??
[/quote]

It’s pretty good as an entertainment movie, nothing really special though. Probably not worth buying but I would recommend to rent it. My rating for Transporter: 3 or 3½ out of five.

I want the soundtrack! I love Massive Attack! ;D I dont know about the film though!

Liked the title DtD also far more than UnleashedUnleashed sounds like dtv movie…

[ btw, the Jon Voight, Pat Morita, Chevy Chase movie Karate Dog ist released in Germany as Unleashed…see, what i mean ?..]

Transporter is at least way better than the last Jet Li vehicles…

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
The Rules of Attraction. I haven’t seen the movie but I heard it’s not exactly an romantic comedy.[/quote]

No, not exactly. ;D But make sure you didn´t mean THE LAWS OF ATTRACTION with Brosnan and Moore, that flick IS a romantic comedy.