Unleashed aka Danny the Dog/Jet Li

Just read the first review of the movie:

http://www.jetliuk.com/grafiks/cms/page.asp?686

Sounds good… :smiley:

[quote=“Yoshitsune”]
Jet Li isn´t a good actor. If he would be, why should he do martial arts movies where he has nothing to do but kicking people´s asses and rarely say more than two sentences at a time??

Tony Leung is a good actor, Anthony Wong is a good actor - Jet Li isn´t. He´s way better than Jackie Chan, but that doesn´t say too much.
[/quote]
Well to tell the truth,you got to understand he gets payed to be that. He is a guy who is always kicking people’s asses,thats what he does,its like Riki Takeuchi you can’t expect him to be Toshiro Mifune. As for him being a bad actor he can suck bad ar times but in contract killer(hitman) and the one he actually pulled off a good job,he at times is a bad actor but he always makes up for the bad movies in some ways. I have the trailer on my shaun of the dead disk,it looks good. I like Beson and think he,if it is like Kiss of the Dragon,will pull it off.

UNLEASHED review

This film is fucking fantastic.

Not only is it far cooler than THE TRANSPORTER, but… It is the best thing Luc Besson’s name has been associated with since LEON (THE PROFESSIONAL). In fact, it is easily hands down the best English Language Jet Li movie… and is the best non-period film he’s been in. In addition, this is the best performance in Jet Li’s career.

What THE PROFESSIONAL was to the Italian Hitman Genre, UNLEASHED is to the English Language Contemporary Martial Arts film. Using nearly the exact same formula writing that Besson applied to THE PROFESSIONAL, he has once again returned to.

UNLEASHED is equal parts Mary Shelly’s FRANKENSTEIN (the book, not the movies) and THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY mixed with THE PROFESSIONAL. At it’s heart the movie is a story about an abused child turned into a child/monster by a criminal madman. However, like in FRANKENSTEIN – the creation gets free and longs for knowledge… He finds a musical blind man, who shows Danny the first kindness he’s ever found.

I’m not going to take you through the film. Instead, I just want to communicate the vibe of this thing.

The Violence- This comes in sections. First the Action is choreographed by Yuen Woo-Ping. This isn’t elegant smooth action. Rather, it seems that our friend Tony Jaa from Thailand has hit with a fascinating result. Gone from Woo-Ping’s choreography is the lyrical ballet of it all – instead now we have incredibly intense realistic violence. Jet strikes with fury, anger and lethal effects. He will bite, slam heads repeatedly into the floor till bloody… he will beat the shit out of anyone in his way and it will not for a moment be pretty. The wonderful thing about this film is… the first instances of violence elicit a feeling of “BADASS!� from ya, but the latter violence carries a sadness… as if here’s a lost soul that will not escape the horror of his past.

The Emotion- With Morgan Freeman and Kerry Condon inviting Danny into their care, we get a very nice sense of a nutty family. In much the same way that we saw Mathilda and Leon in THE PROFESSIONAL, except this time it’s the killer on the doorstep of innocence. The situation is reversed. And like that film – there is nearly an hour of just building this relationship – and Morgan Freeman, Kerry Condon and Jet Li are all so damn charismatic together… I never for a second missed the mayhem. In fact, I was building an emotional bond with these characters.

Bob Hoskins – I know I started with Violence and Emotions – but BOB HOSKINS is a force of nature in this flick. He’s a sleazy piece of shit manipulative British bastard in this film. From his whoring to his lying to just off-hand remarks he makes… he’s an over the top madman in this thing. Now – he doesn’t quite top Oldman’s “EEEEVVVVVERRRRYYOOONNNNEEEE!� but he’s not a pill-popping drug freak. His attempt to care for Jet’s Danny is possibly the most despicable aspect of his loathsome character. But he pulls it off with gritty panache that endears him.

Overall – the action is top notch, the characters and emotion of the piece deliver incredibly well and if you see this with the sort of girl that isn’t turned off to violent movies, but likes for it to be about more – the film will score high. Now gals, if you’re taking a namby pamby guy to this… his ass will rupture from the kicks this’ll give him… so remember, take a real man. This movie drips testosterone and estrogen in equal parts, and the result is really something cool as hell.

Not sure if thiis trailers been seen yet but it’s just shown up in Quicktime:

<LINK_TEXT text=“iTunes Movie Trailers … roken.html”>iTunes Movie Trailers</LINK_TEXT>

Also with a accompany massive attack music video:

<LINK_TEXT text=“iTunes Movie Trailers … video.html”>iTunes Movie Trailers</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“CPS”]
UNLEASHED review

This film is fucking fantastic.

Not only is it far cooler than THE TRANSPORTER, but… It is the best thing Luc Besson’s name has been associated with since LEON (THE PROFESSIONAL). In fact, it is easily hands down the best English Language Jet Li movie… and is the best non-period film he’s been in. In addition, this is the best performance in Jet Li’s career.

What THE PROFESSIONAL was to the Italian Hitman Genre, UNLEASHED is to the English Language Contemporary Martial Arts film. Using nearly the exact same formula writing that Besson applied to THE PROFESSIONAL, he has once again returned to.

UNLEASHED is equal parts Mary Shelly’s FRANKENSTEIN (the book, not the movies) and THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY mixed with THE PROFESSIONAL. At it’s heart the movie is a story about an abused child turned into a child/monster by a criminal madman. However, like in FRANKENSTEIN – the creation gets free and longs for knowledge… He finds a musical blind man, who shows Danny the first kindness he’s ever found.

I’m not going to take you through the film. Instead, I just want to communicate the vibe of this thing.

The Violence- This comes in sections. First the Action is choreographed by Yuen Woo-Ping. This isn’t elegant smooth action. Rather, it seems that our friend Tony Jaa from Thailand has hit with a fascinating result. Gone from Woo-Ping’s choreography is the lyrical ballet of it all – instead now we have incredibly intense realistic violence. Jet strikes with fury, anger and lethal effects. He will bite, slam heads repeatedly into the floor till bloody… he will beat the shit out of anyone in his way and it will not for a moment be pretty. The wonderful thing about this film is… the first instances of violence elicit a feeling of “BADASS!� from ya, but the latter violence carries a sadness… as if here’s a lost soul that will not escape the horror of his past.

The Emotion- With Morgan Freeman and Kerry Condon inviting Danny into their care, we get a very nice sense of a nutty family. In much the same way that we saw Mathilda and Leon in THE PROFESSIONAL, except this time it’s the killer on the doorstep of innocence. The situation is reversed. And like that film – there is nearly an hour of just building this relationship – and Morgan Freeman, Kerry Condon and Jet Li are all so damn charismatic together… I never for a second missed the mayhem. In fact, I was building an emotional bond with these characters.

Bob Hoskins – I know I started with Violence and Emotions – but BOB HOSKINS is a force of nature in this flick. He’s a sleazy piece of shit manipulative British bastard in this film. From his whoring to his lying to just off-hand remarks he makes… he’s an over the top madman in this thing. Now – he doesn’t quite top Oldman’s “EEEEVVVVVERRRRYYOOONNNNEEEE!� but he’s not a pill-popping drug freak. His attempt to care for Jet’s Danny is possibly the most despicable aspect of his loathsome character. But he pulls it off with gritty panache that endears him.

Overall – the action is top notch, the characters and emotion of the piece deliver incredibly well and if you see this with the sort of girl that isn’t turned off to violent movies, but likes for it to be about more – the film will score high. Now gals, if you’re taking a namby pamby guy to this… his ass will rupture from the kicks this’ll give him… so remember, take a real man. This movie drips testosterone and estrogen in equal parts, and the result is really something cool as hell.

[/quote]

Harry Knowles is a fucking jackass. Don’t listen to any of what he says. According to him, Matrix Revolutions is a “great” film.

[quote=“God”]
Harry Knowles is a fucking jackass. Don’t listen to any of what he says. According to him, Matrix Revolutions is a “great” film.
[/quote]

LOL, you have a point here. But I hope that it is a good movie…

I do too. I just hope its not one of those mindless hollywood martial arts flicks!

Well, Leon was not your typical action flick, whereas The Transporter was… but most people seem to be comparing this more to Leon, which is a great thing. I’m looking forward to it!

Yeah its me again folks…

Just here to warn you. If you ever said something totally dumb like Jet Li cant act, then get ready to eat some major F@cking crow. Matter of fact if you said some dumbshit like that then are in for a serious shock like you have never had before. Unleashed is by far one of the best dramatic performances i have seen in any martial arts movie (from a male actor that is) It beats out any performance by jackie chan, Tony L, Chow Y.F. Its definately right up there with Ken Watanabe’s oscar nominated performance in last Samurai. This movie is so well done, i was totally blown away by Woo.Ping’s divergence from his normal style. Matter of fact when you see this movie you wont even notice any Woo Ping signatures because he totally let Jet Li’s character completely dictacte the style. The Dramatic aspect of the movie is top notch and hits every single note be high or low. I just seen this with a girl friend of mine and she liked every moment of it as did most of the audience who seemed to be equally balanced out. The movie has just enough of that emotional aspect to retain the ties ones develops of all the characters from bob hoskins Villain (who is he played flawlessly that he is bound to become a cult favorite) to Morgan Freeman’s role that perfectly reflects the opposite of Bob Hoskins villain.

For those who like movies with grade A acting, top notch dialogue, a coherent storyline and all out wild unrestricted explosive believable martial arts this is a movie for you…

For fans of stuff like kill bill well…

[quote=“greendestiny”]
Yeah its me again folks…

Just here to warn you. If you ever said something totally dumb like Jet Li cant act, then get ready to eat some major F@cking crow. Matter of fact if you said some dumbshit like that then are in for a serious shock like you have never had before. Unleashed is by far one of the best dramatic performances i have seen in any martial arts movie (from a male actor that is) It beats out any performance by jackie chan, Tony L, Chow Y.F. Its definately right up there with Ken Watanabe’s oscar nominated performance in last Samurai. This movie is so well done, i was totally blown away by Woo.Ping’s divergence from his normal style. Matter of fact when you see this movie you wont even notice any Woo Ping signatures because he totally let Jet Li’s character completely dictacte the style. The Dramatic aspect of the movie is top notch and hits every single note be high or low. I just seen this with a girl friend of mine and she liked every moment of it as did most of the audience who seemed to be equally balanced out. The movie has just enough of that emotional aspect to retain the ties ones develops of all the characters from bob hoskins Villain (who is he played flawlessly that he is bound to become a cult favorite) to Morgan Freeman’s role that perfectly reflects the opposite of Bob Hoskins villain.

For those who like movies with grade A acting, top notch dialogue, a coherent storyline and all out wild unrestricted explosive believable martial arts this is a movie for you…

For fans of stuff like kill bill well…
[/quote]

Sweety, I like your style...
Evryone has to have your opinion or his dumb, rite? LOL, I will see the movie on Monday by my own. And btw, you are the last person I would trust when it comes to movies....

[quote=“CPS”]

Sweety, I like your style…

Evryone has to have your opinion or his dumb, rite? LOL, I will see the movie on Monday by my own. And btw, you are the last person I would trust when it comes to movies…
[/quote]

Actually its only logical that one concludes that people who make ignorant assumptions/conclusions about something yet they have no clue about they are talking about are generally considered dumb!!!

Whether you trust me or not actually does not change the facts about this movie.

Jet Li cant act

I really like the style of this poster

Its a too fuckin good movie I see it yesterday! Its incredible, for the first time Jet Li impressed me.

this is a awsome movie IMO

It was pretty good. Bob Hoskins was excellent, but I was expecting more from Morgan Freeman. Jet Li was good, but nothing special really. The story worked, though it wasn’t quite as convincing as it was supposed to be. The film has a nice visual style with boosted contrast (some versions are missing this). This makes the film look kind of “British”. I also liked the more realistic tone of the action scenes, even though it took a little while to get used to it (after all the typical Jet Li/Yuen Woo Ping wire-fu action seen in other movies). 7/10

People who say that Jet Li cannot act should see him in the period dramas he use to make in China, like Last Hero in China, Once UPon a time in China, and Fong Sai Yuk, to me Jet Li will always be the period actor lol

As for Jackie Chan, he can act dammit!!!

i havent seen Unleashed yet, but strangely enough i wouldnt have pegged it for an outstanding Jet Li film, i should go see it. Everyone seems to think it is great