Time It

Angela is seated across the room. the chair is overstuffed with filling falling out. she picks at the filler and throws it around aimlessly.

Angela: Hate. Hate. Hate.

Micheal enters the room holding two beers in his hands.

Micheal: what the fuck are you doing? That’s my favorite chair!

Micheal: ANGELA!

Angela: Don’t yell at me. I can hear you.

She continues to pick the stuffing out of the chair and toss it onto the carpet.

Micheal: Stop it already.

He places the bottles of beer on the table in front of where Angela is sitting.

Micheal: Boredom is one thing, but fucking up my furniture. What did i do wrong now?

Angela: Nothing. Besides breathe.

Micheal: That’s fucked.

Angela: You are a waste of space. A cheating, lieing, butt fucking waste of my time and space.

She grabs her bottle of beer and holds it in her hands.

Angela: And I hate you.

Micheal: Victor.

Angela: Victor. You know that queen annouced your little trist to me, right in front of my friends. In class! I can’t go back to school now. My boyfriend is cheating on me with a guy. How am I gonna hold my head up and walk around campus with that shit being whispered behind my back MICHEAL! You fucking bastard!

Micheal: Angela. I’m sorry. I never meant…

Angela: NEVER MEANT! No one ever “means” to do anything do they? They just fucking do it! And to hell with the rest of the world!

Micheal: Listen. I bisexual and that’s something you’re gonna have to live with or leave with, end of subject.

Micheal turns and begins to walk away.

Angela: I don’t have to live with anything.

Angela raises the beer bottle and smashes it against the back of Micheal’s head. It breaks off leaving a sharp jagged top in her hand.

Micheal falls to the floor with a thump. He is kneeling and holding the back of his head, which is bleeding.

Micheal: You BITCH!

Angela jumps on his back and drives the jagged bottle top edge into the bottom of Micheal’s neck. Deeper and deeper. She pulls it out and begins stabbing him over and over in a wild frenzy. Micheal collapses onto the floor from her weight.

She rises from his body. Drops the bottle top. Returns to the overstuffed chair and begins to pull out more stuffing and tosses it onto Micheal’s still form on the bloody floor.

I don’t get it. :-/

And why does she say “Hate. Hate. Hate.”?

Anyways, this looks like fun, wanna try it.

EXT. APARTMENT HALLWAY - 10 AM

Bill, a 19-year old kid, comes out of his apartment. He holds his left hand on his forehead, as he has a headache.

BILL

Godamnit.

Out of another apartment comes Paul, a friend of Bill, about the same age. He is much happier than Bill.

PAUL

Oh hey, Bill.

BILL

Hey, Paul.

PAUL

You don’t look too good, is something wrong?

BILL

Everything.

PAUL

Everything?

BILL

Yep.

PAUL

Everything’s wrong?

BILL

Yep.

PAUL

Why?

Bill starts to tell his story.

BILL

I woke up this morning with a gigantic headache. Felt like dinosaurs were playing ping-pong inside my head. Not a good way to start the day, I can tell you that much. Anyways, I proceeded into the bathroom to find a fresh pair of underwear, as the ones I was wearing had been used for a long period of time. And no, I will not tell you how long, as that would end our friendship forever. So without saying, it was a long time. Now, the only ones left are those small, itchy, red cotton ones. You know, that shitty stuff that crawls up into the motherbase and don’t come out voluntarily.

PAUL

Yeah, I know the kind.

BILL

"Fine", I say, “let it be that day”. So I continue to the kitchen. And all the remaining food is bread. With nothing to put on top. So I’ve just spent my breakfast eating bread. Not pleasant.

PAUL

I guess.

BILL

Then I see that the clock is 7:42. I need to get to work at 7:50. That’s 3 miles away, and my car is broken. So I run, and I run, and I run. And when I arrive, somewhat miraciously at work at 7:50, I find out that it’s Saturday.

PAUL

That’s bad.

BILL

That’s really bad.

You wrote all that in one minute?

10 minutes. It was changed. Read the first posts.

[quote=“Dantes Inferno”]
I don’t get it. :-/

And why does she say “Hate. Hate. Hate.”?
[/quote]

She says, “Hate. Hate. Hate”. As she pulls the stuffing out of the chair, whith each wad of padding, hate, hate, hate. She hates her boy friend. she offs him and proceeds to go back and demolish the chair. hate, hate, hate.

I got that. It just seemed a little weird. Possibly because I picture Linda Blair in The Excorsist when I read it. No offence, it just seems like a thing a posessed person would say.

Okay, that was uncalled for. Sorry.

well, she is a bit posessed. isn’t she?? she’s got murder on the mind.

Repost: Time it: You have 10mins to write a dialogue/scene which has a beginning, middle and end of sorts. it’s a fun test of skills. have fun.

He sits alone. the drips from the coffe machine into the glass pot echo thru the office lunch room. he hears the humming of the flouresant lights.

SAMUEL WHITE walks in and takes a seat next to him.

SAMUEL

I think it’s time to go.

He sits in silence.

SAMUEL

I understand how hard it is for you.

He sits up straight, eyes welled up with tears.

He

You understand! How could you? They were my friends.

I don’t know… I still don’t know.

Samuel picks up the shot gun from off the floor.

SAMUEL

I can’t give you anymore time. We have to go now, or they’ll storm the place.

He begins to rise from his chair and pick up his blue bag.

SAMUEL

You won’t be needing that.

He drops the bag on the floor and piles of mail begin to cascade out onto the floor.

HE

You never asked me my name.

SAMUEL

Ok, what’s your name?

HE

Isaiah.

SAMUEL

Well, hello Isaiah. Turn around please.

Samuel begins to hand cuff Isaiah.

SAMUEL

You have the right to remain silent. If you give up your right to remain silent…

They begin to leave the cafeteria and enter a large office space. The floor is covered with lifeless, bloody bodies.

Samuel begins to step over one of them.

ISAIAH

Don’t step over him. That was Frank. Have some respect for the dead.

They open the main door to the outside and enter a mass of police cars and camera crews.

Isaiah bows his head.

END