The Wrestler. Mickey Rourke rises from the ashes!

I think I should rewatch Harley Davidson and the Marlborough Man someday… he was great as a team with Don

If you guys are into torrents at all there’s a DVD rip of the film floating around out there. Haven’t watched it yet but the feedback says the video quality is pretty damn good.

any torrent site ive seen is saying its fake?!

I saw a preview for this last night when I went to see Slumdog Millionaire. It looks INCREDIBLE. Some parts in the preview choked me up already. I’ll definitely be seeing it when it opens here.

[quote=“dandadub”]
any torrent site ive seen is saying its fake?!
[/quote]

I got it off demonoid.com and it works just fine. I only had time to watch about a half hour of it but it was real and about as good a quality as any other DVDrip I’ve ever seen.

Just got done watching it and I gotta say it was pretty fuckin’ awesome. I kinda thought Rourke’s performance was mostly hype but he lived up to it. And Marissa Tomei was as hot as ever.

My only real complaints are that the match at the end was way too short. It felt rushed and didn’t really have time to build the kind of tension that it deserved. The other complaint is the ending but I won’t won’t talk about it just yet.

It’s really good and he’s good in it. There’s that one scene where he invites the kid over to play his old video game that almost made me cry. He’s gonna throw all that momentum out the window though… supporting roles in Ironman? 13? The Expendables? Way to get the critics to think of you as a serious actor and then take on a shit load of shitty projects.

and refuse the roll of Marv for Sin City 2?

In his defense nobody really knows when/if Sin City 2 is actually going into production. Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez have been saying it’s coming soon for a long ass time now. Rourke can’t just sit around and wait for them to sort things out. Despite only having supporting roles in those three movies you mentioned those three movies are gonna be at least twice as big as The Wrestler was, meaning he’s gonna get at least six times the exposure.

As awesome as Mickey Rourke was in The Wrestler I can’t really think of a whole lot of things he’d be right for when it comes to a leading role.

Yeah! He won a globe. He curses like a sailor though.

I just downloaded it like three hours ago. Um, I’ve never used a torrent site before. Do I have to stay logged in until it’s done uploading? It looks like I’m the only seed.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
Yeah! He won a globe. He curses like a sailor though.
[/quote]

Yeah, he wasn’t that exceptionnal in his speech. I wish Dicaprio got it with Kate Winslet !

[quote=“Geoi”]
I just downloaded it like three hours ago. Um, I’ve never used a torrent site before. Do I have to stay logged in until it’s done uploading? It looks like I’m the only seed.
[/quote]

You can log out to watch it. Staying logging it helps the others to download it by seeding. If you don’t care about the others, just log out and don’t seed, ahah. But the better your ratio is (how much you seed compared to how much you download), the more you can download on some forums.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
You can log out to watch it. Staying logging it helps the others to download it by seeding. If you don’t care about the others, just log out and don’t seed, ahah. But the better your ratio is (how much you seed compared to how much you download), the more you can download on some forums.
[/quote]

Cheers. I stayed logged on until it was done. I didn’t want to cheat anyone out of their DL.

Didn’t like this one, perhaps because of the humongous hype. Drama movies have always bored me and this done it also. I just had to download it because everyone said it’s great, the best movie of the year etc. Rourke however did amazing job, maybe only plus sign of this movie was his great acting.

anybody else think this is a seriously overrated film. its good dont get me wrong but not worth the hype?

[quote=“dandadub”]
anybody else think this is a seriously overrated film. its good dont get me wrong but not worth the hype?
[/quote]

maybe your just not into the themes of this movie. Personally, I loved it. It’s like Rocky Balboa, only 10 times better.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
maybe your just not into the themes of this movie. Personally, I loved it. It’s like Rocky Balboa, only 10 times better.
[/quote]

Noooo… A million times better. I saw his yesterday, and I was amazed. It was perfect. I even preffered it a tad more to Slumdog Millionaire, btu that was just personal preference.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Yeah, he wasn’t that exceptionnal in his speech. I wish Dicaprio got it with Kate Winslet !
[/quote]

He was totally overwhelmed though and it was a very heartfelt speech without him breaking down in tears. He spoke from the heart and he looked cool.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
[/quote]

the wrestler better then rocky?! ya taking the piss?!