The Whole Bloody Affair

Aye, the only other thing I can think of besides what is already stated is a documantary on Kill Bill’s impact on pop culture. Or better yet, a preview to a hypothetical Kill Bill game! But maybe that’s pushing it.

[quote=“Bad Max”]

I’d like a commentary with a QT fan, Joe Bob Briggs, THE RZA, Uma Thurman, Michael Madsen, David Carradine, Robert Rodriguez and QT

[/quote]

Briggs can take a shitty movie and make it into gold(take I spit on your grave for an example ;D j/k)

Im just wondering, I know its a stupid question, but is the version of the two movies togheter in some way edited? Or is it the exact same version?

^ I heard something before that they switch the chapters around to make it like a book.

[quote=“countmalachithrone”]
QT had so much time to work on this, so it really better kick ass.
[/quote]

I hope it will.

I mean, of course the few minutes of cliff-hanger montage at the end of volume 1 will not be there of coruse, for obvious reasons.

and I guess there might be some shifts to accomodate the new format… but we’ll see. I hope i can present you with a pre-release review as soon as the dvd is out there.

the only downer with this whole bloody affair is that i love the cliffhanger montage at the end of volume 1…

I didnt think the cliffhanger ending was so great in regards to the rest of the film. It felt like it was only tacked on just to keep people interested in what was coming next. If its not on the WBA I wont mind one bit. I want to experience QTs original vision, not the split cut.

I hope there will be many chages to make the flow much better as Ive stated in another thread. I would like the house of blue leaves fight to be close to the end.

I also talked about, when I first signed up, re-editing the volumes myself to see if I could make it play in an interresting way. Not too many people liked the idea but I wasnt doing it for anyone else but me and perhaps my friends. I really think I could do a good job editing them together.

I undertook a huge project along the same lines as this. I edited The Matrix 2 and 3 into one film on my computer. I took out a lot of the filler and left all the action scenes so it was almost non stop fighting. I even time editied some scenes. I sped the film speed up a fraction of seconds to make the film run shorter. This helped big time as it kept the movie just under 3 hours for both films and you wouldnt notice it if you dint have the films side by side playing. Some of the cuts were noticable because of music or sound effects as I didnt have access to to the full adio tracks of course. I used some fade in transitions to cover up some of this. All in all it was fun to do and was worthwhile. Now for the bad…

I had both films on my PC and I went to re-encode them to a divx format. After a long while of waiting I ran out of hard drive space and the encoding stopped. I decided to swap the movies over to another hard drive and try it again. This destroyed the whole project! All my work was lost and it took me many hours to edit the movies just right. I cried a little and sharted just a wee bit also.

Anyways… I used Arcsoft Showbiz to edit the movies. Its a really great video edit program, just be sure to have at least 2 gigs of ram or things will be really slow. You can find this to download if you know where to look. If you dont, PM me and I’ll tell you!

If the whole bloody thing wasnt coming out soon I would edit it myself for my own enjoyment but its too much work to undertake when it will only be months before it comes out.

Im not that interested in re-editing movies. If Im gonna take that much time Id rather create my own art. I made a couple of little tribute vids a few months ago, but Im not doing anymore. Im done with that kind of stuff. I feel like unless its original and from the heart, its not worth doing. If I do anything movie related again its going to be an original film.

i know QT did that with the Richard Lester version of The three musqueteers when he was working at video archives. He took both tapes and edited them back to back to make one 3hrs long film.

[quote=“ToothpickVicVega”]
I didnt think the cliffhanger ending was so great in regards to the rest of the film. It felt like it was only tacked on just to keep people interested in what was coming next. If its not on the WBA I wont mind one bit. I want to experience QTs original vision, not the split cut.
[/quote]

Actually i love it and think it’s a very exciting scene… i love the music, editing, uma’s speech and the way the dialog of sofie fatal intercuts with it.

Tone: Thats cool. Im not saying its terrible, I liked it, but I just think if Kill Bill is being shown as one film, its not really needed. I guess its up to QT, whatever he puts in there, is what he feels is right for the real directors cut.

oh no i know it definitely won’t be needed when kb will be shown in one piece. but i know i’ll regret it. anyway, there will be a cool musical intermission so instead so i guess it’s cool anyway…

A music intermission? awesome! I didnt know that. 8)

[/quote]
Hopefully not like the one in Kung-Pow: Enter the Fist!

And btw, the recap scene with Uma in her car at the beggining of Vol. 2 will also have to be edited out, which is good because it would give her mission that much more seriousness.

[/quote]

lawrence of arabia style…

[quote=“Starvin Marvin”]
And btw, the recap scene with Uma in her car at the beggining of Vol. 2 will also have to be edited out, which is good because it would give her mission that much more seriousness.
[/quote]

maybe it will be at the begining of the film, like in the script

Like if you watch epics on TCM, theyll have the entracte etc. Thats how those films were originally shown in theaters.

Im not that interested in re-editing movies. If Im gonna take that much time Id rather create my own art. I made a couple of little tribute vids a few months ago, but Im not doing anymore. Im done with that kind of stuff. I feel like unless its original and from the heart, its not worth doing. If I do anything movie related again its going to be an original film.

[/quote]

Thats cool. I myself find it very interresting and its a great way to learn the art of the edit. Ive done too many videos to count. For awhile I did a bunch of comics set to music. I planned on doing a watchmen video with voice overs, sound effects and everything but I couldnt find enough people who were talented enough to do good voice overs. Here is the demo I did for friends to show them how it was gonna work (this is without acting, voices, effects. Its simply to show the opening and how it would be presented) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5183690772037061100  I coulndt get many interrested because 1) they dont know how great this comic is! and 2) they couldnt share my vision even though I tried hard to convey it to them!

Sometimes I simply think I can do a better job than the person hired who did the edit but mostly I do it because its fun. I also like to edit in the deleted scenes too. Res Dogs has some great deleted scenes. Ive been thinking of putting them back in the film and then give the whole cut a washed out 70's look and present it for movie night at my house. I think i'll lie and come up with a good story about the movie but i'll come clean after everyone watches it. lol

Adobe's Premiere and some of their other programs are just too complicated! Hell, I need to take a class just to learn Adobe

Personally, I love working on movies but I dont really feel like me cutting together footage of other peoples movies is worth my time. Its too easy. Anybody on the internet can do that. I need to feel inspired to do stuff. Otherwise it doesnt mean anything to me. Thats just my outlook on art I guess.

I wouldnt even make a film unless I had to make it. I wouldnt insult people by just doing some piece of crap that has no soul to it. I think Artists should be truly inspired to make things, not just do it for $$ or respect. It should have some reason for being there. Otherwise, what is it for?

Personally, I love working on movies but I dont really feel like me cutting together footage of other peoples movies is worth my time. Its too easy. Anybody on the internet can do that. I need to feel inspired to do stuff. Otherwise it doesnt mean anything to me. Thats just my outlook on art I guess.

I wouldnt even make a film unless I had to make it. I wouldnt insult people by just doing some piece of crap that has no soul to it. I think Artists should be truly inspired to make things, not just do it for $$ or respect. It should have some reason for being there. Otherwise, its nothing.
[/quote]

Actually its not "easy". It takes a lot of time to be a good editor and frankly thats a bit insulting. Yeah, anyone can do a shite job of it. You have to crawl before you can run. Its seems as though you are saying you are better than everyone else. You cant wait around until every aspect is just perfect for you. If you get a chance you take it or someone else will. Its hard to get any project off and running and saying things like "I wouldnt even make a film unless I had to make it" - makes it sound like you think youre superior to us lowly slaves.

People like to make little projects to learn and have fun. Most do not feel they have to impress the world with everything they do. If you have a masterpiece in you then by all means make it but please dont be so insulting to those who just want to learn. I have many projects I want to do and have two films I would like to make but its damn hard. Acting like its something you only need to make time for because its so easy is so arrogant. I cant even begin to understand why you say these things.

http://www.sequentialpictures.com/moviestarwarsepisode3.html is a great site. He makes some funny short films