The Western

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Yeah that’s true. But Open Range is also about traditional aspects of the western. There aren’t modern point of view on the western itself, just a modern directing for the genre of the western. Do you know what I mean ?
[/quote]

Oh yes, I get you now. I thought you were commenting on the actual films.

[quote=“Contrai”]
I don’t think, Western will get a revival. These 3 new movies sound like flop just from the start and they will be.

Its not the right time for them; its simply over. The setting doesn’t feel true and interesting, but as masquerade. They just play cowboys and indians. Who wants to see that ?

I mean, there were Unforgiven in 1992. But then ? [ haven’t seen Open Range ]

And i surely don’t wanna see a Western by QT !! Forgodssake…
[/quote]

I’m sorry, but this shows that you don’t know what you are talking about.

[quote=“Contrai”]
I don’t think, Western will get a revival. These 3 new movies sound like flop just from the start and they will be.

Its not the right time for them; its simply over. The setting doesn’t feel true and interesting, but as masquerade. They just play cowboys and indians. Who wants to see that ?

[/quote]

I want to see one ! Would be cool to see what he can do !

But I don’t think western will have a revival, it’s too late, it isn’t the genre the people wanna see. But there will always be some movies here and there, just cool flick or bad things. Just like the Film Noir, even if now there are movies considered as Film Noirs, which they aren’t, or just very very modern film noirs.

[quote=“The Pink Floyd”]
[/quote]

Perhaps you should stick to your X Box.

Just a wish for some western action doesn’t make you the expert.

“It’s time to move on…” was one of the options,wasn’t it?

The western is dead. The most recent good western I can think of is Tombstone which was made in 93. Unforgiven in 92. I think Open Range drags. I haven’t seen Dead Man yet so I can’t comment on that. Of course not all the made for tv westerns are horrible, like Purgatory, 1999, but hollywood can’t do it right.

Dances with Wolves was a great movie. Open Range is an awesome western, what the hell are you guys talking about :wink:

what I hated was Silverado…

[quote=“Contrai”]
Perhaps you should stick to your X Box.

Just a wish for some western action doesn’t make you the expert.

“It’s time to move on…” was one of the options,wasn’t it?
[/quote]

Ok, let me answer your first post more thoroughly. You have tried to offend me, so don’t be surprised if this post offends you…

[quote=“Contrai”]

[/quote]

They just play Cowboys and Indians? Have you even seen many RECENT westerns?

Whether they will be a flop doesn’t mean shit to me. Many great films have been flops. As log as they keep churning out Westerns (which they seem to be doing), I’m happy!

You don’t know of any recent Westerns? Well, there have been The Missing, American Outlaws, Shanghai Noon, The Wild Wild West, The Quick and the Dead, Geronimo, Tombstone, Deadwood etc.

So you wouldn’t want to see a Western by QT? Well QT is a big western fan. He imposes a lot of Western aspects in his films. Look at Volume 2 which is part western. He has also said that Inglorious Bastards will be his Spaghetti Western. Tarantino clearly loves the idea of a western, and has already made films which are part Western. To come out with some horseshit like you don’t want to see a Western by QT is just retarded, seen as you have already seen some of this (I think).

If you think it’s time to move on in regards to Westerns, fair enough, I don’t have a problem with that. But when you come out with additional bullshit like you just did, and then try to sound bigger and cooler than me with your Xbox comment, don’t be surprised if I lash back.

You’re a fucking joke.

[quote=“The Pink Floyd”]
Well, there have been The Missing, American Outlaws, Shanghai Noon, The Wild Wild West, The Quick and the Dead, Geronimo, Tombstone, Deadwood etc.[/quote]

shanghai noon and wild wild west are crap at best though. the others are enjoyable. haven’t seen deadwood yet, but it’s a tv show.

just my two cents on these titles

[quote]
You’re a fucking joke.
[/quote]

calm down guys, please.

The Wild Wild West?? haha please don’t include The Wild Wild West with ANY other western or ANY other film, probably the worst film i’ve seen ever, and that’s not an exageration

Woah woah, hold your fucking horses fellas!!

I never in any way suggested I like the Wild Wild West or that it’s a good film. It is still a western and we have got to accept that. There are other shitter Westerns out there believe it or not. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Johny|Exhale”]
The Wild Wild West?? haha please don’t include The Wild Wild West with ANY other western or ANY other film, probably the worst film i’ve seen ever, and that’s not an exageration
[/quote]

never seen such crap either. the only thing good was salma’s ass. they should make a director’s cut with just salma hayek’s scenes :wink: and offer the rest of the film as deleted scenes

YES!

[quote=“The Pink Floyd”]
They just play Cowboys and Indians? Have you even seen many RECENT westerns?

Whether they will be a flop doesn’t mean shit to me. Many great films have been flops. As log as they keep churning out Westerns (which they seem to be doing), I’m happy!

You don’t know of any recent Westerns? Well, there have been The Missing, American Outlaws, Shanghai Noon, The Wild Wild West, The Quick and the Dead, Geronimo, Tombstone, Deadwood etc.

So you wouldn’t want to see a Western by QT? Well QT is a big western fan. He imposes a lot of Western aspects in his films. Look at Volume 2 which is part western. He has also said that Inglorious Bastards will be his Spaghetti Western. Tarantino clearly loves the idea of a western, and has already made films which are part Western. To come out with some horseshit like you don’t want to see a Western by QT is just retarded, seen as you have already seen some of this (I think).

If you think it’s time to move on in regards to Westerns, fair enough, I don’t have a problem with that. But when you come out with additional bullshit like you just did, and then try to sound bigger and cooler than me with your Xbox comment, don’t be surprised if I lash back.

You’re a fucking joke.
[/quote]

[quote=“Contrai”]
[/quote]

Please explain.

For me the last cool Hollywood Westerns were: Unforgiven, Tombstone and Open Range .

I doubt the Western will ever come back in a big way like in the old days. We’ll get them here and there and thats good enough for me. As long as theyre good films.

Pink: You dont want to see a QT Western? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Why are you constantly saying shit like that? Stop being a fuckin jackass. How old are you anyway? You sound like you’re a dumb teenager trying to seem older. Knock it off man.

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
Pink: You dont want to see a QT Western? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Why are you constantly saying shit like that?
[/quote]

When did I ever say that? It was Contrai that said that.

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
Why are you constantly saying shit like that? Stop being a fuckin jackass. How old are you anyway? You sound like you’re a dumb teenager trying to seem older. Knock it off man.
[/quote]

Why am I constantly saying shit like that? What have I said before that was like that?

Pink: My bad, I thought you had said that. I cant tell whos talking with all these fuckin quotes. Contrai must have his head up his ass with statements like that.

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
Pink: My bad, I thought you had said that. I cant tell whos talking with all these fuckin quotes. Contrai must have his head up his ass with statements like that.
[/quote]

No worries dude :slight_smile:

Read my first two posts though. I’d love to see a Western by Tarantino or even Scorsese. Just think of the new style they’d bring to the genre. It’d be a breath of fresh air for us Western fans.

… John Woo, think about the shootouts!

An Eastern directing a Western? That’d be awkward.

Kurosawa made the best westerns ever made, replacing the old west with the old east, atmosphere is exactly the same, would be mad to see Woo make a western