Would You Like To See The Return Of The Western?
- No, not really. The western went out with a worthy bang. It’s time to move on…
- Does the Pope shit in the woods?
- Yeah whatever, now where’s the money you promised me?
- No, definitely not!! The Western is dead as fucking…dead, accept it!!
- Who the fuck is a Western?
You should all know by now just how much I love the western. I love any and all westerns. The Western is my favourite genre.
With upcoming films such as
The Assassination Of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (starring Brad Pitt), The Proposition (starring Guy Pearce) and Seraphim Falls (starring Pierce Brosnan) it got me thinking that maybe the Western is getting a revival.
Films like Ron Howard’s
The Missing, Kevin Costner’s Open Range, American Outlaws and Shanghai Noon have tried to pave the way for a (much needed and welcome) revival of the truly original genre. One of the greatest things to come from America.
Of course one may argue that the Western has been alive and kicking the whole time with Deadwood, but I’m not talking about TV programmes, I’m talking about on the big screen.
So what are your thoughts?