The Official DVD Collection Topic

[quote=“Scarface”]
I hate copied dvds with a passion, and I’m totally against people that support piracy (that includes 95% of my friends). Dvds are totally affordable nowadays, I don’t see any reason at all why you should settle for a copied dvd. Even though I stumbled upon a copy of Live Free Or Die Hard yesterday morning and I was totally tempted to check it out.
[/quote]

It depends on how much money you have? For me, certain films I buy, because of the quality. But I copy a fair bit, especially if its a film I know I would never buy. If though its a small filmmaker, or a small group, then I always buy the stuff. But for big companies making loads of money, yeh, I’ll copy, as long as the majority don’t do it, then I’ll do it.

Am I the only one who thinks people will look down on me cause I own some weird titles like I spit on your grave,switchblade sisters, and thriller. Can anybody else here relate to what im saying?

[quote=“me”]
Am I the only one who thinks people will look down on me cause I own some weird titles like I spit on your grave,switchblade sisters, and thriller. Can anybody else here relate to what im saying?
[/quote]

Yes.

To me…some movies are just best viewed alone; almost as if it’s taboo or something.

Am I worried to be looked down upon? -No. I’m proud of my collection if I do say so myself.

Well Im happy with my collection but I will never buy movies like Cannibal holocaust and Salo and stuff like that.

Stuff like Cannibal Holocaust I can only see myself watching once; twice to show to friends. I wouldn’t mind owning it, though.

Yeah same here, watch it once and get rid of it :stuck_out_tongue:

What is it about films that you want to see but wouldn’t want to own them?

Is it the material? Lack of plot? …

Odd thing i hate renting movies for the fear of not buying them.Yet i have a blockbuster online for when im low on dough.

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
What is it about films that you want to see but wouldn’t want to own them?

Is it the material? Lack of plot? …
[/quote]
Well take Salo for example I want to see it but wouldnt want to own it.

[quote=“me”]
Well take Salo for example I want to see it but wouldnt want to own it.
[/quote]

Definitely rent worthy.

Oh yeah definitely worth a rent but what kind store would carry that?

Anyway I own 26 movies, I know whoopie!

^ Can you name them? I have so much I can’t prob name mine.

Click on the link in the sig. I also have 2 sonny chiba box sets.

[quote=“me”]
Oh yeah definitely worth a rent but what kind store would carry that?

Anyway I own 26 movies, I know whoopie!
[/quote]

Really, any store could carry that, I think. After seeing I Spit on Your Grave and Cannibal Holocaust at fye, anything is possible.

-It’s very strange to know that you only own 26 movies. Why such a low count? Big video renter? :wink:

Well I have no job, understand :slight_smile: and when I get a movie i try to find the best deal.

I have no job either, but ebay is your friend. I by vintage video games and game consoles from flee markets and yard sales fix, and clean them up, and sell them on ebay then by movies with the money.

How good is Switchblade Sisters? I would want to buy it, but don’t know if it is really good!

On a scale from “Thriller: They call her one eye” to crap if Thriller is 10 and crap is of course 0, what would Switchblade Sisters be?

[quote=“Jjp”]
I have no job either, but ebay is your friend. I by vintage video games and game consoles from flee markets and yard sales fix, and clean them up, and sell them on ebay then by movies with the money.
[/quote]

Isn’t it great when movies run your life?

Well I like the feeling of Thriller but I think if your a fan of exploitation you should check SS

^ I like Thriller too. That’s why I rate it 10 out of 10 on a chart of exploitation films, so if you think SS is good, do you rate it up there with it?