The Natural Born Killers controversy

I still have’nt watched it. It sounds too scary and I’m really bad with violence (I still can’t watch the begginning of KillBill).

I’ll watch it if somebody tells me which bits to fast foward, so that I don’t have to watch any scary bits. This is where you guys come in…

it’s not that bad, its just a love story

about violent people

Well I love it. I recently got the directors cut for $13. And it was to violent for me. I fell bad about saying that. But it is very good. QT sold it, so he should take his millions of dollars and deal with it.

[quote=“confused_shrew”]
Well I love it. I recently got the directors cut for $13. And it was to violent for me. I fell bad about saying that. But it is very good. QT sold it, so he should take his millions of dollars and deal with it.
[/quote]

I doubt he got any more money than what he was given for the script.

[quote=“confused_shrew”]QT sold it, so he should take his millions of dollars and deal with it.
[/quote]

i doubt he got more than 10 thousand

True, but he’s got loads of cash from his other movies. All of which are good. I just thought it was cool to see another crazy, but cool, director do an interpritation of Tarantino’s script. On the deleted scenes in the DVD, oliver stone admits that he “fucked up” one of the scenes in the movie. He said he fucked up the Hun Brothers scene and I think he apoligizes to Tarantino.

[quote=“confused_shrew”]
True, but he’s got loads of cash from his other movies. All of which are good. I just thought it was cool to see another crazy, but cool, director do an interpritation of Tarantino’s script. On the deleted scenes in the DVD, oliver stone admits that he “fucked up” one of the scenes in the movie. He said he fucked up the Hun Brothers scene and I think he apoligizes to Tarantino.
[/quote]

I haven’t seen this film, but I know he fucked up a scene involving a wheelchair, which was the same scene he thought was the best scene in the whole movie and the same scene Tarantino told Avary to write, and the same scene Avary put his heart and soul into.

im sorry bit i think quentin should shut the fuck up, back then he was pretty much a nobody director/screenwriter, right? he sold his script to the great oliver stone (wich he should be gratefull for) and thats it, he should have taken his money and let oliver deal with it, oliver has the right to change it up, its his film, he can make anything he wants from it, Quentin got paid, oliver got his movie, if quentin was so troubled about it he should of made the movie himself and stop complaining

NBK was a way for oliver stone to express his thoughts and feeling about the 1990’s. I know that he changed a lot of the original screen play but with out QT’s screen play oliver wouldn’t of had the film and i think he is very greatful for that screen play ,because it allowed him to express all of these thought and feelings in a mad and unique way.

Natural Born Killers for me is an astounding film that i truly loved and is up there in my favourite films. Oliver Stone is a great man with films like Platoon and Nixon, Natural Born Killers is his film that he changed as much as he liked from the original script into the masterpiece that i believe the film turned out to be. I also loved the prison riot at the end brilliant.

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
i doubt he got more than 10 thousand
[/quote]

at least 50 thousand, it is like the least they can legally pay you and i am pretty sure i have heard somewhere that it was around 50 thousand

Oliver Stone has some good films to his name but personally i didnt like natural born killers I might see it again and reexamine it because I havnt seen it for a long time and according to what most people say its worth more than just my innital impression…

yes you should watch it again, because it’s one of the greatest films of the 90’s and because it’s one of those films where little things pop up everytime you watch it.

Yeah what the hell ill watch it again… :-</E>

what the hell i’ll watch it again too

[quote=“the true gentleman”]
what the hell i’ll watch it again too
[/quote]

HA ha ha ha! WTF? ;D

i love natural born killers and i think it is a great film, but for some reason i like true romance a bit more out of the films that QT wrote but didnt direct (excluding FDTD). True romance has patricia arquette and she is so fucking cute.

[quote=“Angel”]
i love natural born killers and i think it is a great film, but for some reason i like true romance a bit more out of the films that QT wrote but didnt direct (excluding FDTD). True romance has patricia arquette and she is so fucking cute.
[/quote]

I love True romance for the above, and because Christopher Walken is such a bad ass…

teh walken/hopper exchange is one of the greatest Tarantino moments, even though he didnt even direct it, you can just see it in his writing

clarence and alabama were a better couple than mickey and mallory in my opinion

[quote=“Angel”]
clarence and alabama were a better couple than mickey and mallory in my opinion
[/quote]
i think mickey and mallory are much cooler in a crazed fantasy kinda way and woody harrelson played mickey like he was him wich is a good thing when acting.

i also think they should have casted some one else for Clarence