The Natural Born Killers controversy

[quote=“Rambler666”]
woody harrelson played mickey like he was him wich is a good thing when acting.
[/quote]

Isn’t that what acting is all about though?

YES!

"Good gravy Marie!"

I have always been wondering what the hell did they do to the original Tarantino’s script to NBK. It should have been a vision made by Tarantino and Vossler (hmm…Tarantino) under the influence of Badlans and similar films. I know the names are definitely Tarantinoes (Mickey (Mickey Rourke) and Knox - a sawn off version of Knoxville, Tennessee - home of his grand parents), but the story ???. Tarantino was never impressed with the Native American element and the f*ckin’ demons :stuck_out_tongue: (and Stone, hm…was). They have obviously messed with the script for reasons that are clearly not known to anyone except monsieur Oliver ;D.

here’s an article i just stumbled upon

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/co … 1001843484”>http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/columns/risky_business_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001843484</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“The Seb”]
i doubt he got more than 10 thousand
[/quote]
He got $450.000,- for it. It’s in the book ‘Quentin Tarantino: The Man and His Movies’ by Jami Bernard. He kind of ‘lost’ the screenplay, like a kid loses a marble and subsequently moped in the exact same manner a kid would when losing said marble. That’s why he settled for a ‘story by’ credit instead of a screen writer credit. He shouldn’t bitch about the movie, that’s spitting in the well that you drink from. When you sell your precious Rolls Royce and the buyer sets it on fire, don’t complain.

what about that line from Kill bill:

(Bill)-"You’re a natural born killer."

I think QT may have changed his mind.

People have got to remember this is before Quentin made it big with R. Dogs, He sold NBK b/c he got tired of the script, and he sold True Romance to raise money for R. Dogs. When you’re a stuggling writer, you might do some crazy things. Personally I haven’t seen or do I want to see NBK, it could be a great movie, I don’t know. But I would like to see QT do a “remake” of it and use his script.

[quote=“Tristan”]
what about that line from Kill bill:

(Bill)-"You’re a natural born killer."

I think QT may have changed his mind.
[/quote]

He came up with that word(Natural Born Killer).

[quote=“Tls321”]
People have got to remember this is before Quentin made it big with R. Dogs, He sold NBK b/c he got tired of the script, and he sold True Romance to raise money for R. Dogs. When you’re a stuggling writer, you might do some crazy things. Personally I haven’t seen or do I want to see NBK, it could be a great movie, I don’t know. But I would like to see QT do a “remake” of it and use his script.
[/quote]

First, Stone raped Tarantino’s script. Then, he raped the soundtrack.

I f i ever do a remake, i will re-do NBK the way Tarantino wanted. It was good as it was. The only good thing Stone did was putting Leonard Cohen’s “The Future” over the closing credits.

Please no NBK remakes. Let it die… NBK was so awful I don’t think I could bring myself to watch a remake even it was true to the original script…

Yeah it really was excruciating to watch. It’s one of only a handful of films where I was so repulsed that I thought about not finishing off watching it. But I forced myself to, so that I could at least say I have watched it and genuinely be able to say I hated it. That TV show segment was absolutely awful. I looked back at this thread trying to find the post I made after I had watched it where I talk more about this, but I think it’s elewhere.

You have to watch NBK alot of times to understand that its a masterpiece

NBK…not my favourite QT-related movie by along shot. I believe he could have made something more entertaining out of this during his hot streak when he told great stories (RD, PF & TR). Even though what stoned turned it into was still interesting and watchable at least twice. haha

I liked NBK, but I didn’t know at the time it was QT’s script.

In retrospect I think it’s still a great movie. But I wouldn’t think of it as a QT movie.

In my view, if you sell something, you give up your rights to it (unless you specify it otherwise in the contract), So, QT has the right to be pissed, but that’s just his opinion among many others.