The Music / Soundtrack

[quote=“PFC Baelin Utivich”]I hope my delivery comes in time shortly after I’ve seen the movie. I also wonder if QT added that Hannah Montana song Eli Roth said was on his mix tape whilst prepping for the Nazi-beatdown scene hahaha. :wink:[/quote]

Hahaha!!

I bet they put it there to put Eli Roth in the state of madness that Hannah Montana buts me in. Like Sex Machine says:

Now let’s kill that fucking band!!

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Thanks. If anybodies bought it, how’s the video of QT on the soundtrack?[/quote]

what gives you the idea there’s a video on the soundtrack? there’s no video on the CD I have

Its a drastic fall of originality from the IB Soundtrack. QT’s Soundtrack always had uniqueness all the way.

But i felt disappointed. NO Dialogue snippets. ???

[quote=“Sebastian”][quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Thanks. If anybodies bought it, how’s the video of QT on the soundtrack?[/quote]

what gives you the idea there’s a video on the soundtrack? there’s no video on the CD I have[/quote]

look up the Inglourious Basterds Ost on iTunes, and look at the last track, its a interview with Quentin Tarantino about the music he used on IB. Its very interesting.

[quote=“Sebastian”][quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]

what gives you the idea there’s a video on the soundtrack? there’s no video on the CD I have[/quote]

It’s on iTunes. Looks pretty cool, Elvis Mitchell interviews him.

The soundtrack is out! I bought it at amazon! How cool is that record! None of that remastered Billy Preston/David Bowie crap alright. Those are the original tracks how god intended them to be! And the Basterds theme! I can see a Sergio Leone opening with that track with the paintings and stuff! AH! The movie is only three days away!

I just wish there were dialogue tracks, BIG disappointment.

I just picked up a copy. And track 13 by Morricone is amazing. It’s from Sollima’s The Revolver. And just a testament to Quentin’s ear, I own that film. I bought it the week Blue Underground released it which was years ago. And I’ve never noticed this piece of music, not the way I noticed it now. This really is a great soundtrack, one of QT’s most ecclectic which is a strange thing to say since 4 of the 14 tracks are by Morricone. I am shocked there’s no dialogue snippets especially since they still have 40 more minutes left of space on the disc. But still worth the buy.

Ordered my CD/Vinyl, excited as all hell!

I don’t know much about CDs and how they work but I’m surprised they didn’t put more songs on if there really is forty minutes of space left.

Has anybody figured how to get that free digital copy from the Jew Bear Game? What a fucking gyp.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Has anybody figured how to get that free digital copy from the Jew Bear Game? What a fucking gyp.[/quote]
I’m with ya. Hope someone knows.

my little review:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Inglorious Bastards as long as Pulp Fiction - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … ck-review/”>Inglourious Basterds soundtrack review - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Sebastian”]my little review:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Inglorious Bastards as long as Pulp Fiction - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … ck-review/”>Inglourious Basterds soundtrack review - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>[/quote]

Great review, Sebastian.

I listened to the entire soundtrack on my drive into work today & I found myself, like I always do when listening to QT’s soundtracks, feeling cool & detached; his soundtracks have a way of taking you to a different time & place. Only QT could sequence a song by Jacques Loussier together with a Bowie song.

I have yet to see the movie (midnight showing tomorrow night!), & I can’t even imagine how it will all look when put to this music. My favorite of all of 'em is probably “One Silver Dollar.”

Can’t wait.

-dELVIS-

If i read correctly there’ll be the Ennio Morricone Un Amico song playing before the screen goes black. That’s a blast. It’s my 2nd favourite track on the CD. I’m very confident till Saturday’s screening. ;D

[quote=“bigbeard60”]If i read correctly there’ll be the Ennio Morricone Un Amico song playing before the screen goes black. That’s a blast. It’s my 2nd favourite track on the CD. I’m very confident till Saturday’s screening. ;D[/quote]

uhm, actually I’m not so sure anymore where exactly it plays. I hope to correct the text after I’ve seen the movie again this weekend…

by the way, we’re giving away 2 copies of the David Bowie single, stay tuned

win the David Bowie vinyl:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Back to the Grindhouse this year? - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … wie-vinyl/”>Basterds soundtrack giveaway - Win a David Bowie vinyl! - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Sebastian”]win the David Bowie vinyl:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Back to the Grindhouse this year? - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … wie-vinyl/”>Basterds soundtrack giveaway - Win a David Bowie vinyl! - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>[/quote]

Woo hoo! Cool contest. Thanks Seb.

[quote=“delvis_crasho”]

Great review, Sebastian.

I listened to the entire soundtrack on my drive into work today & I found myself, like I always do when listening to QT’s soundtracks, feeling cool & detached; his soundtracks have a way of taking you to a different time & place. Only QT could sequence a song by Jacques Loussier together with a Bowie song.

I have yet to see the movie (midnight showing tomorrow night!), & I can’t even imagine how it will all look when put to this music. My favorite of all of 'em is probably "One Silver Dollar."

Can’t wait.

-dELVIS-[/quote]

Thats one hell of a drive you must do each day :wink:

Loved the soundtrack, but it didnt excite me -a self-professed muso- the way his soundtracks normally do…aside from the bowie track, there were’nt as many hidden gems- yknow, tracks where you go 'what is THIS?! wow!'

It seemed more score-based with the morricone stuff, which worked beautifully, but I would have preferred more stand out tracks.

Also, am I right in that this is the first soundtrack with no quotes from the film?

[quote=“katekamikaze”][quote=“delvis_crasho”]

Great review, Sebastian.

I have yet to see the movie (midnight showing tomorrow night!), & I can’t even imagine how it will all look when put to this music. My favorite of all of 'em is probably "One Silver Dollar."

Can’t wait.

-dELVIS-[/quote]

Loved the soundtrack, but it didnt excite me -a self-professed muso- the way his soundtracks normally do…aside from the bowie track, there were’nt as many hidden gems- yknow, tracks where you go 'what is THIS?! wow!'

It seemed more score-based with the morricone stuff, which worked beautifully, but I would have preferred more stand out tracks.

Also, am I right in that this is the first soundtrack with no quotes from the film?[/quote]

That’s a very interesting point you bring up. I noticed how IB doesn’t really have any quotable dialogue, which is quite unlike QT. I was thinking this was intentional on his part. And yeah, I just realised that there isn’t any dialogue on the Original Soundtrack, so he must be purposefully moving away from that. Certainly, when it comes to dialogue, IB is a much more serious piece of writing than any of his other films.

[quote=“Ify”][quote=“katekamikaze”][quote=“delvis_crasho”]

Great review, Sebastian.

Can’t wait.

-dELVIS-[/quote]

Also, am I right in that this is the first soundtrack with no quotes from the film?[/quote]

That’s a very interesting point you bring up. I noticed how IB doesn’t really have any quotable dialogue, which is quite unlike QT. I was thinking this was intentional on his part. And yeah, I just realised that there isn’t any dialogue on the Original Soundtrack, so he must be purposefully moving away from that. Certainly, when it comes to dialogue, IB is a much more serious piece of writing than any of his other films.[/quote]

I can imagine its because a lot of the dialogue is in German and French with subtitles…not that quotes in another language would put me off…In The Mood For Love being a good example of a favourite soundtrack of mine with Mandarin quotes.

Lots of new songs in this final cut of the movie, it will be a hell to find them, but also alot of fun. I already got one.