The movie references thread for Pulp

So what you’re basically saying is that you like getting owned? If you want to be my bitch, Deadly Viper, then just say so. I have plenty of room for more.

I was saying, I was expecting to get pwned (pwned by your standards), yet you just came out with a lame comment.

Since when does expecting something mean you’d like it to happen?

No, I think with your mom and Deadyboy already being there, there isn’t any room for anyone else - they seem to be pretty demanding.

Now go back to chewing that bone, fucking wigger.

[quote=“Hans”]
So what you’re basically saying is that you like getting owned? If you want to be my bitch, Deadly Viper, then just say so. I have plenty of room for more.
[/quote]

I’ll take that as a yes then.

Is Fox Force Five a refrence to Five Lady Venoms. I’ve seen the back of the VHS copy in a Hollywood Video store and it resembles the Fox Force Five team, their different abilities, like the whole demolition expert and stuff. I was going to rent the film, but I thought the whole thing looked rediculous so I rented something else, Little Miss Sunshine, I can’t beleive this piece of crap won an academy award. Jesus! I was praying for Stuntman Mike to appear and murder every single one of these fuckers, especially the fat little girl!

wtf?

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Is Fox Force Five a refrence to Five Lady Venoms. I’ve seen the back of the VHS copy in a Hollywood Video store and it resembles the Fox Force Five team, their different abilities, like the whole demolition expert and stuff. I was going to rent the film, but I thought the whole thing looked rediculous so I rented something else, Little Miss Sunshine, I can’t beleive this piece of crap won an academy award. Jesus! I was praying for Stuntman Mike to appear and murder every single one of these fuckers, especially the fat little girl!
[/quote]

yea but fox force 5 was a TV show and it was just supposed to be referancing like the tough chick TV show like charlies angels.

Lance who was named after one of QT’s friends in the video archives is similar to the vendor from Taxi Driver that sells all those guns to Bickle. A small refrence but a good one I say. Ohhhhhh, Ohhhhhhhh, I almost forgot! Ohhhhhhhhhh! the music when the golden watch story ends sounds like the twilight zone music. The classic one, not the new one where Forest Whitaker hosted the “hip hop” version of the twilight zone. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Lance who was named after one of QT’s friends in the video archives is similar to the vendor from Taxi Driver that sells all those guns to Bickle. A small refrence but a good one I say. Ohhhhhh, Ohhhhhhhh, I almost forgot! Ohhhhhhhhhh! the music when the golden watch story ends sounds like the twilight zone music. The classic one, not the new one where Forest Whitaker hosted the “hip hop” version of the twilight zone. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh![/quote]

You’re a freakin genius!! I guess watching Wrasslin isnt so bad for yer brain!! :slight_smile:

Why thank yeee! I skip Nightline to watch Raw every monday ^-^

Did anyone notice that the exact same music that plays when Butch and Fabby ride out of frame in Zed’s chopper in the end is the exact same one that plays in Raising Arizona.

When Jules is asked whats in the briefcase and he says its my bosses dirty laundry, this could be a refrence to Superfly because at the end when the dirty cops open up his briefcase expecting money clothes falls out and he say something like “Offering to do my dirty laundry aint gonna help you” i dont know it dosent really seem like a strong reference, but its a thought.

Help to contribute and re-organize the Pulp Fiction reference guide on the wiki :

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph … nces_Guide”>http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Pulp_Fiction_Movie_References_Guide</LINK_TEXT>

To have an idea on the perfect model we should also have for Pulp Fiction section, look this Kill Bill reference guide page :

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph … nces_Guide”>http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Kill_Bill_References_Guide</LINK_TEXT>

• First we have to divide the guide into sections like on the KB page.
  • Second we have to illustrate with pics, cause it looks too confused, too vaste on the same page without any pic. Plus pics make it faster to understand the reference, especially for those who haven’t seen the movie mentionned.

Hey guys,

Just found a new obvious reference (thanks to my dad) for the dance scene. It’s not mentionned in the wiki, not sure it has been here. So tell me if you agree with me cause I gotta add it to the wiki !

So in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf, the 1966 Mike Nichols movie, there’s a dance scene in the middle of the movie and there’s especially a shot that QT ripped off for Pulp Fiction.

Look here for the complete scene :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz1MpQ0n_ag

Liz Taylor starts to dance around 1:40 and the ripped off shot is at 2:15. There’s the same shot in the Jack Rabbits Slims contest, and I’m sure it’s a reference, cannot be otherwise. It’s not a classic shot and I remember being so amazed by the shot in Pulp Fiction and now that I’ve seen this scene in this movie, it’s obvious that QT didn’t invent this shot. Even the music used in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf is the same kind of tracks as in the PF ost.

What do you think, guys ?

I see that nobody thinks anything about this… I guess it must have been said before or nobody cares…

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Hey guys,

Just found a new obvious reference (thanks to my dad) for the dance scene. It’s not mentionned in the wiki, not sure it has been here. So tell me if you agree with me cause I gotta add it to the wiki !

So in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf, the 1966 Mike Nichols movie, there’s a dance scene in the middle of the movie and there’s especially a shot that QT ripped off for Pulp Fiction.

Look here for the complete scene :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz1MpQ0n_ag

Liz Taylor starts to dance around 1:40 and the ripped off shot is at 2:15. There’s the same shot in the Jack Rabbits Slims contest, and I’m sure it’s a reference, cannot be otherwise. It’s not a classic shot and I remember being so amazed by the shot in Pulp Fiction and now that I’ve seen this scene in this movie, it’s obvious that QT didn’t invent this shot. Even the music used in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf is the same kind of tracks as in the PF ost.

What do you think, guys ?
[/quote]

I thought that everyone knew about that! Of course he ripped it off. Well, maybe he was paying tribute to a great film that inspired him.

its not completely the same, it has its similarities but you could point out similarties in loads of movies and just say that the director is ripping off the original. i myself after watching that clip much prefer pulp fictions dance scene

I’m just watching Twins at the moment on TV. The lead characters as played by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito are called Jules and Vincent ;D

I don’t know if anyone but me noticed this, but in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, the kid near the end who screams, “This is a Stick-up! Anybody moves and they’re dead meat!” Sounds about the same pitch and delivery as Honey Bunny screaming, "Any of you pigs move and I’ll execute every last one of you."

The words aren’t dead on, but I swear. Watch Mad Max 3 and tell me you don’t see QT grabbing a notebook and beefin up that diner scene.

fyi, i am not an expert like you guys but just saw this scene and wanted to know if the reference in it was intentional.

in the scene where chris walken is giving butch the watch he says a pilot name winocki took the watch off of wake island. i thought, thats the name of the character played by john garfield in the movie “Air Force”. i was surprised he would make that kind of obscure reference, but after reading the other posts i guess its possible.