Dun delete my posts. 5/5 is MY RATING SCALE. *****

10/10 is more of a music thing to me, sorry for the internet hostilities

[quote=“Tanukihime”]

YES!
[/quote]

totally agree!

i also love A Better Tomorrow films

but the killer’s the best

for the dutch crowd: The collectors edition of the killer (hong kong legends) can be bought for 5,- euros at makro.

i have that also. identical with the UK HKL dvd. fair price, fair quality. doesn’t have the original mono track though, for purists

[quote=“The Seb”]
i have that also. identical with the UK HKL dvd. fair price, fair quality. doesn’t have the original mono track though, for purists
[/quote]

The audio is still pretty decent, though not great. Not having mono is usually not a problem when it comes to western releases. The problem comes with Hong Kong companies. Their 5.1 remixes often have totally new sound effects (re-recorded for that speciffic dvd release). Universe’s disc for The Killer probably suffers from this (I’m not sure, though).

im watching it right now :slight_smile:

Its one of the few Woo movies I have seen and I really like it. The storyline and the action are great. I really need to see more by this guy.

aww i really should buy this… for some reason my memory of this and other Woo films, films staring chow young fat blur together… i do remember the church shootout ;D and the hole Shrimp head thing… :stuck_out_tongue: i hope that Hollywood remake never gets round to being made uhh well ive just grown to hate remakes or the idea of remaking films in general…

The only movie I ever truely gave a complete 10 is City of God! However The Killer, Hardboiled and A Better Tomorrow (1 and 2) all get a 9! The Killer ofcourse being my favourite of the three!!!

I’d like to get the Criterion Collection version but it is too way damn expensive. I have the HKL DVD, and I love it. Does anybody here have the Criterion Collection, if so, what are the extras?

Plus I’m used to seeing him as Ah Jong not “Jeff”. :stuck_out_tongue: So watching the Criterion version would be weird, lol.

EDIT: Who gave it a six :o

never seen this movie i gotta pick it up soon. I have never seen a woo movie.

[quote=“Jjp”]
never seen this movie i gotta pick it up soon. I have never seen a woo movie.
[/quote]
:o

You haven’t seen any of his Hollywood films atleast?

The only way you’re gonna get The Killer is if you want to spend about 50 bucks for the Criterion Collection version…but the region 2 DVDs are a lot cheaper.

[quote=“Jack Rabbit Slim”]
:o

You haven’t seen any of his Hollywood films atleast?

The only way you’re gonna get The Killer is if you want to spend about 50 bucks for the Criterion Collection version…but the region 2 DVDs are a lot cheaper.
[/quote]

yea i wana see this movie so bad.

“The best Hong Kong movie ever made.” - Hotdog magazine.

I’d have to agree with them :wink:

“The best Hong Kong movie ever made.” - Hotdog magazine.

I’d have to agree with them :wink:
[/quote]

your making me even more anxious to see this is there anymore did releases coming out for this?

Not that I know of…

Actually The Killer ousted Pulp Fiction out of the #1 spot on my top 20 :o

yea just check blockbuster.com its unavailable but they gave it 4 and half stars out of 5 and looking at woo’s filmography i have seen some of films. hand of death the big hit,face/off,borken arrow,hard target. i ahve been wanting to see the killer, the replacement killer, bullet in the head, a better tomorrow 1,2 for a while.

The Replacement Killers isn’t a John Woo film.

You also gotta see Hard Boiled and Once a Thief both are good. Bullet in the Head is also great, I like it more than Apocalypse Now. I don’t see why it is so hated…

The Replacement Killers isn’t a John Woo film.

You also gotta see Hard Boiled and Once a Thief both are good. Bullet in the Head is also great, I like it more than Apocalypse Now. I don’t see why it is so hated…
[/quote]

yea i forgot to put hard boiled i wanted to see that also i gotta add that to my blockbuster online i think the dvd just got released for it.

Dragon Dynasty has the US rights for this.