The Good the Bad and the Ugly

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Whatever you say Eastern. What do they put in your water over there? LSD?
[/quote]
Yeah, Mongolia is very cool country :wink:

I was digging through my old VHS tapes last night, and decided to watch this one. I haven’t seen it in AGES.

Am I the only one that has to get up and get a glass of water like 15 times while watching the first half?

LMAO @ My Eastern comments. Damn, I can be rude sometimes. Rude, but still funny! :smiley:

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
LMAO @ My Eastern comments.[/quote]

You’re gonna give that poor girl a complex.

But, yeah still funny!

I love this movie. My favorite scene is where Tuco begins to run in the cemetary and then ‘Ecstacy Of Gold’ begins to play…just spectacular.

[quote=“FoxForceFive”]
You’re gonna give that poor girl a complex.

But, yeah still funny!
[/quote]

I seriously doubt that anyone could give Eastern Beauty a complex. :wink:

I bought the Man With No Name box set a little while ago, and as soon as I did my father came up, and asked to borrow The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I just got it back, and have yet to watch it. :-X I’ve seen half of it before, but not the whole thing, but its on the top of my list of movies to watch. I’ll probably watch it later tonight.

I’ve only seen a fistful of dollars - how does it compare?

Fistful is great, For A Few Dollars More is better and GBU is the best.

Oh yeah. GBU is definitely my favourite of all three.

I love FAFDM and GBU almost equally. Fistful is good, but nowhere near the brilliance of the other two. I didn’t eatch it more than twice I think, whereas I lost count of how many times I’ve seen FAFDM and GBU.

My only problem with a Fist Full of Dollars is that I love Yojimbo. It’s not that Yojimbo is even necessarily “better”, I just prefer it.

GBU is a masterpiece and superior to For a Few Dollars More which is better than A Fistful of Dollars.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the black and white suits, but it’s a shame QT didn’t have Jules and Vincent wearing long coats a la most of the main characters in Leone’s films. It would have been so cool when they walk in and kill Brett et al.

[quote=“Ify”]
GBU is a masterpiece and superior to For a Few Dollars More which is better than A Fistful of Dollars.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the black and white suits, but it’s a shame QT didn’t have Jules and Vincent wearing long coats a la most of the main characters in Leone’s films. It would have been so cool when they walk in and kill Brett et al.
[/quote]

OMG! That WOULD look cool! But then, they’d have been able to take the shotguns in. But yeah! It’d been soooo cool.

Yeah, I wonder why he changed his mind.

If QT had Vincent and Jules wear dusters, he wouldve broken up his black and white suit theme thats runs from Dogs to Kill Bill.

I guess he found it more feasible to give tribute to John Woo than to Sergio Leone. Pulp’s a crime film after all, not a western.

Very true, but QT himself has likened Pulp to GBU. How characters are going about their lives and suddenly happen upon a whole new world so-to-speak (eg. Butch and Marcellus stumbling upon the pawn shop incident, Vincent coming from the toilet to be greeted by the robbery etc.) just like Blondie and Tuco when they find themselves in the middle of the Civil War upon going for the gold.

Maybe he should have had someone in Death Proof wear the dusters to make up for the lack of black suits ;D

If QT ever does a Western, Im sure he’ll have his main characters wearing dusters. What is the point of this discussion? The films are made.

I actually think the duster coats are really played out now. Esp after The Matrix.

When all is said and done, Im glad QT went with B&W suits.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
If QT ever does a Western, Im sure he’ll have his main characters wearing dusters. What is the point of this discussion? The films are made.

I actually think the duster coats are really played out now. Esp after The Matrix.

When all is said and done, Im glad QT went with B&W suits.
[/quote]
could they wear paisley or possibly some pink feathers? Maybe patent leather boots?