The Dead Series

I’m starting this thread about the thoughts on the dead series and ripoffs of the dead series like zombie(which is really good movie), burial ground, zombie holocaust, hell of the living dead which actually used alot of songs from dawn in the movi… and many more any thoughts on the series and the ripoffs i love the series and i am a huge fan of romero but i also love the rip offs and love fulci too.

I thought Zombi 2 was at least better than Night of the Living Dead. It lacks the social-aspects but pure as a zombi-flick it’s just very, very good.

yea its great i dont know about being better than night but it was really good. Any one ever seen the shit fest burial ground i enjoy it but it is a really bad movie.

Dawn of the Dead is the best horror movie ever made.

[quote=“Jack Rabbit Slim”]
Dawn of the Dead is the best horror movie ever made.
[/quote]

I agree.

did anyone ever see zombie holocaust on the dvd features the direct says he never watched the film once and he also just keeps comparing it to romero and fulci films the entire featurette.

anyone love return of the living dead i heard something about george romero wrote the story for it or something any info on that?

Return is my fav zombie movie, but I don’t think ROmero had anything to do with it beyond it being a sequel to Night… you might be thinking of John Russo…

yea ur rite i was thinkin of russo one of my favorites too i have watched it dozens of times its so great my favorite scene is where they gotta get rid of the yellow zombie and then they bring it over to the guy at the morgue he is my favorite character in the film.

Has anyon sen this list on movies.com? I tell you this the worst list I’ve ever seen! http://movies.go.com/feature?featureid=890736 I don’t see any Fulci zombie films or Romero? WTF is up with that?!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Has anyon sen this list on movies.com? I tell you this the worst list I’ve ever seen! http://movies.go.com/feature?featureid=890736 I don’t see any Fulci zombie films or Romero? WTF is up with that?!
[/quote]

night of the living dead thats romero but that is not enough and what the hell is 28 days later and resident evil doin on there they aint no where near the great zombies and pet semetary WTF.

here is a GIF. of the odd actor peter bark from burial ground

That is such a shitty list.

Who’s the king of zombie movies in your opinion? fulci or romero?

[quote=“Navajas”]
Who’s the king of zombie movies in your opinion? fulci or romero?
[/quote]

Romero. Fulci is good but romero started the shit.

George Andrew Romero is the master. Night Of Te Living Dead has become so iconic in the horror lexicon, many films have emulated the same type of rules created for zombies, it also spawned sub-genres like 28 Days or Planet Terror. But it’s sad to see Romero not getting the much deserved attention for creating the foundation for such a great genre that is catching up with audiences. I hope Diary Of The Dead will change that. He’s back and better than ever. Fulci on the other pushes the envelope a bit too much with intense scenes of gore, Romero uses humor to suspend a lot of the angst when you watch people being eaten alive, but certainly Romero is the best. I like Fulci too, but it’s a completely different style.

[quote=“Jjp”]
here is a GIF. of the odd actor peter bark from burial ground
[/quote]The CU of the severed hand is similar to the one in the boat in Zombi 2!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
The CU of the severed hand is similar to the one in the boat in Zombi 2!
[/quote]

maybe i dident make that gif. and i havent seen burial ground since the 8th grade…so my memory is a little tainted.

the one thing that will never leave my mind is the scene in burial ground the son actor in the gif. bites his mothers nipple off and you see it in all its glory.

[quote=“Jjp”]
maybe i dident make that gif. and i havent seen burial ground since the 8th grade…so my memory is a little tainted.
[/quote]That kid dosen’t appear in Zombi 2, but that severed hand certainly does. I haven’t seen Burial Ground either.