The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

David Fincher’s new film (his third with Brad Pitt after the great Se7en and Fight Club) will be out in Christmas (just in time for the awards). A Spanish trailer has been out for a while now, but the English one has finally arrived.

Check it out here.

I hate how fincher uses totally obvious and crappy looking CG even for most things you can just do by good director work. example: Panic Room. he had the most weird camera movements, because it was all just digital. i mean it worked fine for Fight Club’s Ikea scene and a few things, but jeez… how about actually filming something that’s there and have the skill to do it, instead of hiring a guy to just build it all on a computer. needless to say, this film looks promising and brad pitt in shape… actually he looks a little like robert redford in some of those scenes, haha.

but yeah, that’s why i dont like fincher as a filmmaker anymore because as good as his movies are as a whole, they are horribly cheaty and look fake

I saw the trailer for this the other day. It looks really good.

I really like Fincher, but this trailer did nothing for me. I’m hoping the next trailer will get me.

Theaterical trailer now up, and it looks fantastic.

I just saw this a few minutes ago guys, this is the best picture of 09 so far! I cried in the end when…er well big spoiler. Just watch it though, I liked it even better than The Wrestler. And yes this is Brad Pitt’s best performance and it should get him a best actor nom for the first time ever in his career.

I’m not expecting much from this movie cause I really didn’t like the Fitzgerald. I usually love his writing and style but it was just poor. And uninteresting. And well, I don’t even like the plot, so I have no idea how Fincher can make it interesting.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
I’m not expecting much from this movie cause I really didn’t like the Fitzgerald. I usually love his writing and style but it was just poor. And uninteresting. And well, I don’t even like the plot, so I have no idea how Fincher can make it interesting.
[/quote]

Eric Roth adapted the short story! The guy who wrote Forest Gump! This is a great film that you have to see.

I think I’ll see it anyway, but not sure I’ll love it. Cause the main problem is that I don’t like the story, however fantastic the directing and acting will be, I won’t be much interested with the plot.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
I think I’ll see it anyway, but not sure I’ll love it. Cause the main problem is that I don’t like the story, however fantastic the directing and acting will be, I won’t be much interested with the plot.
[/quote]

The story is the best part, a guy grows up old and becomes younger as he ages! The sentimental value of this is priceless, I hope it gets shit loads of awards David Fincher deserves it after getting nothing for Fight Club, Se7en, Zodiac…shall I go on? And Brad Pitt will win!

i really really cant wait to see this, i think the story is just amazing. i read fitzgeralds story too a long time ago, i loved it. im a big fincher fan, and love brad pitt too, cant wait to see this flick

It’s already out in theatres. Cate Blanchet is also so good in this, as far as performances, story, and vision of a director goes this is it. As perfect as a movie can get. I’m now a huge Fincher fan because of this one. His sweet side finally emerges.

Oh and there are no subliminal cuts of cocks in this one. Finally.

Better actor needed for the lead role of such a movie. That’s my opinion. An actor with more intensity.

[quote=“Cyd”]
Better actor needed for the lead role of such a movie. That’s my opinion. An actor with more intensity.
[/quote]

What?! Have you even seen the movie?

Brad Pitt murdered this fucking role - he squeezed all the life out of those pages! He was at his best!

I couldn’t stop crying! Amazing film… Brad Pitt is great, even better that he was in Babel!

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
What?! Have you even seen the movie?

Brad Pitt murdered this fucking role - he squeezed all the life out of those pages! He was at his best!
[/quote]

yawn I have to tell you, it gets slightly tiresome reading these sort of posts. The kind that are made by an individual unable to register the fact that not everyone is going to agree on everything.

To answer your question. Yes, I have seen the film and no, I didn’t enjoy it. It went on far too long and Brad was boring in it. To bring BB to life, it needed a way better leading man. Like Philip Seymour Hoffman or Daniel Day Lewis… or anyone else with three names.

BTW My banner looks quite nice in someone’s profile… you’re welcome.

[quote=“Cyd”]
yawn I have to tell you, it gets slightly tiresome reading these sort of posts. The kind that are made by an individual unable to register the fact that not everyone is going to agree on everything.

To answer your question. Yes, I have seen the film and no, I didn’t enjoy it. It went on far too long and Brad was boring in it. To bring BB to life, it needed a way better leading man. Like Philip Seymour Hoffman or Daniel Day Lewis… or anyone else with three names.

BTW My banner looks quite nice in someone’s profile… you’re welcome.
[/quote]

You snooze you lose.

don’t wanna see this. I think Fincher is a hack

[quote=“Sebastian”]
don’t wanna see this. I think Fincher is a hack
[/quote]

WHA?!

Se7en! Fight Club! Zodiac! How dare you, bow yo head!

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
You snooze you lose.
[/quote]

The words fuck and off spring to mind.

And yes, Seb, Fincher is a total hack. He should have retired years ago. 7