The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I’ve got this on my PC (gotta love oscar season) but haven’t watched it yet. Looks amazing from the trailers though. As far as Fincher’s concerned I wouldn’t call him a hack but apart from Fight Club his movies tend to be sort be forgettable.

More like unforgettable.

You guys are crazy. Fincher is fucking awesomeness. I haven’t seen the movie yet, but can’t wait! End of the month it gets released here.

God forbid anyone for having an opinion eh…

[quote=“Cyd”]
God forbid anyone for having an opinion eh…
[/quote]

Yeah, you have one and some have the opposite one. What’s your point?

Anyways, there are good and bad opinions :wink:

Fincher has directed some good ones and some bad ones… The Game and Panic Room room spring to mind Pretty mediocre thriller fair IMO Oh and Alien 3

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
Yeah, you have one and some have the opposite one. What’s your point?

Anyways, there are good and bad opinions :wink:
[/quote]

I don’t recall anyone calling you crazy for saying you like Fincher though. Now you see the point.

I seriously don’t think anyone has said anything hostel towards you, Cyd. No reason to get techy. :wink:

[quote=“Geoi”]
I seriously don’t think anyone has said anything hostel towards you, Cyd. No reason to get techy. :wink:
[/quote]

You’ve been watching too much Eli Roth. :wink:

And Cyd, chill the fuck out. You don’t have to take everything so serious and drain the fun out of this forum.

[quote=“Cyd”]
I don’t recall anyone calling you crazy for saying you like Fincher though. Now you see the point.
[/quote]

I don’t recall anyone saying you aren’t entitled to an opinion. It’s only a bit irritating when you constantly refer to the bloody obvious. It’s more your attitude in which you place other people that don’t agree with you in one group against yourself. You do this against those peoples will. Nobody says anything about your opinion by disagreeing with yours. It’s a forum, people have opinions. What’s next? pointing out that people have to type those opinions first? Now you see the point.

The last comment is an example of how you irritate people. “Now you see the point” indicates that you know what is right and you have to make it clear to me. That shouldn’t be the case in the first place, since according to your own logic: you have your opinion, I have mine. So don’t belittle me in claiming your opinion is on a higher ground and tell me I can learn to see the devine glory that you are already perceiving.

Just state your opinion, others will give theirs, this doesn’t mean you can’t state yours, or yours was false in any way.

[quote=“Scarface”]
And Cyd, chill the fuck out. You don’t have to take everything so serious and drain the fun out of this forum.
[/quote]

You could do that all by yourself, honey bunny, without any help from me.

The film was a piece of shit and so is the director. That might not be true to some of you, but it is to me.

I liked this movie, but I didn’t love it. I can’t really explain why exactly. It just didn’t make me feel what I think I should have been feeling, emotionally.

[quote=“Scarface”]
You’ve been watching too much Eli Roth. :wink:

[/quote]

Haha… shit. I didn’t even think about it, it just came out that way.

Just finished it, it was certainly BAWWWWW worthy. Definite tearjerker. Wasn’t my favorite of Fincher’s work, but was just another great flick from him.

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
I liked this movie, but I didn’t love it. I can’t really explain why exactly. It just didn’t make me feel what I think I should have been feeling, emotionally.
[/quote]

I’m in the same boat. It was a great movie and very well made but emotionally it just never landed on me. I think Pitt’s performance was amazing though. Whoever said the role needed more intensity is crazy (figure of speech). The subtlety that Brad put into it is what made it so amazing in my opinion. The tiny little things that gradually change as he grows up were priceless.

If this movie doesn’t win an Oscar for special effects I’m officially never watching or even reading about the Academy Awards again.

It was good, I really enjoyed watching it but it’s getting a lot of undeserved kudos. It’s not as great as they make it out to be, it’s not a “classic” it’s great yes… classic, no. Brad Pitt, who I really like as an actor shouldn’t get an oscar nom for it, there are a couple other performances this year that deserve it more, Richard Jenkins, Michael Fassbender, etc.

[quote=“Cyd”]

The film was a piece of shit and so is the director. That might not be true to some of you, but it is to me.

[/quote]

Although i wouldn’t go as far as to say the film was a piece of shit, i agree 100% about the director and the film is absolutely nothing special, completely average.

No movie is as good as it’s hype would have you believe.

Gonna see this soon. My hopes are completely down now, but gonna check it out anyway.