The B&W sequence (Death Proof)

ALSO… there’s a BUNCH more in the script with Warren, QT’s character. He has some funny fuckin’ lines. I’m at work right now, so I don’t have the script in front of me, but flip to the bar scene when you get a chance. You’ll notice a LOT missing.

Somebody said Warren had the second best lines, I was surprised that he doesn’t say much in the movie.

Can’t wait for the extended version.

Warren DOES have some of the best lines. The best line in the script not included in the film is when Jungle Julia dances to “Baby It’s You” in the second bar. Warren yells at her,

"Now, Julia, if you wanna carry on like the main attraction at a cathouse with four floors of whores, carry on. But if I gotta tell you one more goddamn time to put out that cigarette, I’m gonna treat you just like any other belligerent drunk, and climb across this bar and hit ya upside the head with a horse cock."

God I hope they filmed that. Also, I can’t wait to see this Irish Car Bomb shot he keeps talking about on every talk show.

Shanna making out with the guy is also missing, or did we mention that?

[quote=“The Seb”]
Shanna making out with the guy is also missing, or did we mention that?
[/quote]The master has spoken! And no, sire, it was never mentioned.

i see it was mentioned, and stop the master crap.

and i think we’re getting off topic.

Alright, for those who saw the extended cut, did all of the above make it into the movie?

I really wanted to see Pam argue with her date (very funny scene) and see Mike jump through the billboard at the beginning of the 2nd half.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Theres 3 scenes cut out.

1. The lap dance of course
  2. The original opening of the 2nd half: Mike jumps through a billboard and then stops at a 7-11 type place and touches Abbys feet. Thats the B&W sequence.
  3. Afterwards, the girls picking up Zoe in the airport before Mike takes their pictures. You may have seen that shot of the girls dancing in that one scene.
    [/quote]

Damn, don’t know how you can stand that you US, cause all these scenes are excellent, I can’t even imagine the movie without… Weird, I really can’t figure out a 40 min cut of the movie :o Hope you’re all gonna watch the extended cut very soon. You’re gonna love it even more.

Thats so awesome!! :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8)

[quote=“Laydback”]
Alright, for those who saw the extended cut, did all of the above make it into the movie?
[/quote]

I’ve got a bad memory so someone else can answer that but there’s something I want to say about the black and white scene. It was one of things in the film. It’s the first scene of the second half, so you don’t know and can’t see the colour of the girls’ car, the colour of their clothes or the colour of anything. Maybe if you’ve seen a trillion trailers it won’t work but for me who had not seen a single trailer or (hardly) any pictures of the film it was a great moment when the (strong) colours suddenly appear. I was like [color=red]SPOILER dahkdhdakh-yellow, fucking cool!-dagjgdagdah[color=red]SPOILER ;D

• “daskhkhdask” to make it harder to accidentally see what’s written between the spoiler warnings

edit: quote added, when I opened this topic and started writing the reply Laydback’s post was the last ;D

id assume that most of these scenes will be in the uncut version, but i doubt they all will be. Quentin is usually pretty good with sticking to the script, but i doubt all of the script will be in the final cut, but who knows. All i know is that i can’t wait for the uncut dvd, which i assume will come out around August/September.

SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Here are what I remember to be different:

The opening scene is longer, the girls cheer three times to billboards and they talk much longer.

Russell is introduced in a smal scene where he uses eyedrops and looks at the photos of the girls. The scene also shows the girls leaving the chili parlor.

When Butterfly goes out for a smoke Nate comes and wants to make out with her in his car.

Russell uses the “I’m not a cowboy, Pam. I’m a stuntman.”- line.

Pam buys Russell his Virgin Pina Colada drink. We also see Tarantino drinking from the fridge.

The lap dance scene. (Song; The Coasters: Down in Mexico)

We see that the second half takes place in Tennesee after 14 months.

The B&W scene. The scene lasts at least as long in color as in B&W. It starts in colour then suddenly goes B&W and then as suddenly jumps back. (Song; Willy DeVille: Its so easy)

Russell taking photos from the 2nd group of girls. (Song; Ennio Morricone: Ninna Nanna Per Adulteri)

There are some extra shots (like shot of the ground as the rain slams to it) and some extra lines of dialogue in many places.

Everything makes the film work better as a stand alone movie.

I was driving by my local drive in the other day and I was thinking how great it would be if the marquee read: GRINDHOUSE: PLANET TERROR AND DEATH PROOF. It would be perfect. Warm weather, popcorn, drive in. :frowning:

Wow! That is so cool! I can’t wait to see the extra scenes! I also remember the rain on foot scene between Mike & Jungle Julia in the preview. I looked for it in the movie but it wasn’t there! I haven’t checked my local Blockbuster. Does anyone know when Grindhouse will be released on DVD in the US? I’m totally going to buy it I just need to rent it first.

[quote=“Mike Hammer”]
Russell taking photos from the 2nd group of girls. (Song; Ennio Morricone: Ninna Nanna Per Adulteri)
[/quote]

In the U.S. theatrical cut, Sherrif McGraw does a voiceover while this scene is playing. So I take it the extended version shows McGraw finishing up his analysis on Stuntman Mike rather than just hearing him say it? Then after the hospital scene, I assume we see a “Tennesee, 14 months later” caption?

Thanks for all this info, guys.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
I was driving by my local drive in the other day and I was thinking how great it would be if the marquee read: GRINDHOUSE: PLANET TERROR AND DEATH PROOF. It would be perfect. Warm weather, popcorn, drive in. :frowning:
[/quote]
Grindhouse 2 movies For the place of 1

I gotta check my drive in see if they are showing it

[quote=“Bkiddo”]
Wow! That is so cool! I can’t wait to see the extra scenes! I also remember the rain on foot scene between Mike & Jungle Julia in the preview. I looked for it in the movie but it wasn’t there! I haven’t checked my local Blockbuster. Does anyone know when Grindhouse will be released on DVD in the US? I’m totally going to buy it I just need to rent it first.
[/quote]
I have read that it will be in september but only time will tell

[quote=“Laydback”]
In the U.S. theatrical cut, Sherrif McGraw does a voiceover while this scene is playing. So I take it the extended version shows McGraw finishing up his analysis on Stuntman Mike rather than just hearing him say it? Then after the hospital scene, I assume we see a “Tennesee, 14 months later” caption?

Thanks for all this info, guys.
[/quote]

Yes, McGraw finishes his analysis and throws a great nascar line in too. The "Tennesee, 14 months later" caption appears. Then comes the B&W scene. And then we see Russell taking the photos in a longer scene from the Grindhouse cut with Morricone's music in the background.

Damn, this sounds like its another movie. I cant wait to see all this stuff.

i kno, it going to be amazing.