The 1990s

Being 23 years old, I grew up in the 90’s and looking back I absolutely loved it back then. To me, everything was just so much better than it is right now. TV shows (no crappy reality TV), movies, sports, wrestling, video games (you can play your xbox and playstation, I’ll stick to SNES and N64), music was better. Everything to me just seems so great back then.

TV shows:

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Home Improvement

Roseanne

Seinfeld

Wings

The Simspsons (when they were hilarious)

TGIF shows like Boy Meets World, Family Matters, Step by Step, Hangin’ With Mr. Cooper

Full House

The X-Files

Movies

Pulp Fiction

Reservoir Dogs

Terminator 2

The Matrix

The Shawshank Redemption

American Beauty

Jurassic Park

and many, many more great movies

Music

Nirvana

Alice in Chains

Pearl Jam

Metallica

Soundgarden

Stone Temple Pilots

NIN

Pantera

Sports

Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls… man, the NBA was great back then and being from IL I was a HUGE Bulls fan.

Pro Wrestling

I used to be a huge wrestling fan back in the '90s with things like ECW, the nWo, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, DX, etc.

Video Games

Super Nintendo was the best! That system had everything. Same with N64… I still play Goldeneye and Tony Hawks Pro Skater.

Anyone else feel this way and miss the '90s?

Well I think its the same for every generation, if you grew up in the 80’s your gonna love the 80’s. I grew up in the 90’s as well and I love the 90’s.

Home Improvement like a mutha f*cka! LOL! I love that show. I miss the 90’s shows and movies too. But there were some great shows in this decade like George Lopez, but cancelled it like A-Holes.

80’s baby, that’s me, 1988. And I do have to say I was a sucker for wrestling growing up. Austin 3:16 said I just wooped your a$$.

And Metallica was, is, and will be the greatest ever, no matter how much they sell out now, or atleast a bunch of people say that, I don’t think they ever sold out. They just hate mofo’s stealing their songs by bootleggin’. I would too. I wish they would get Jason Newsted back some how. “Load” was their last great album, even though they had songs after that, that was good, but Load was the last album that was great all the way through it.

Like to add Married With Children to the shows plus Martin and Liivng Single has “90’s!” all over it.

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]

80’s baby, that’s me, 1988. And I do have to say I was a sucker for wrestling growing up. Austin 3:16 said I just wooped your a$$.

[/quote]
Yeah I use love to watch wrestling mainly the 80’s wrestling.

I must say I somewhat miss 90s, the TV shows were better for sure.

Yeah, the 90s… It’s funny how I’m just 18 but I’m looking back at the decade with such nostalgia. To me it seemed like a really peaceful time somehow.

I love Friends, that show will always define the 90s for me, well, the first five or six seasons most certainly.

But later in my life I’m obviously gonna love the 2000s more, I already do. I pretty much love the world today.

I love the 90’s too…

As Bleach said: The early seasons of Friends is a huge factor. But also Nintendo (snes, n64) Zelda, mario 64, goldeneye, mario kart, f-zero

Cartoons from cartoon network: cow and chicken, dexter, johnny bravo, etc

South Park, teenage mutant ninja turtles, ghostbusters

Britpop and grunge

The movies

But it also has to do with a less complicated way of living…but that is more an age thing :stuck_out_tongue:

I kinda like how the 2000s are going in a good way too, but seem to lack identity…its more the beginning of something yet to come…at least it feels that way for me.

The eighties were better. Nothing beats TMNT, The A-Team and a million other things.

I graduated from H.S. in 1993. Here is what I remember:

1. Soundgarden, Nirvana, & Pearl Jam.
  2. Beavis and Butthead, South Park, MTV’s Real World, and…SEINFELD!
  3. Still being afraid that I’d get aids if I didn’t use a condom…
  4. Pulp Fiction…of course
  5. Operation Desert Storm - the first failed attempt to bring the middle east out of the 12th century
  6. Not knowing who Bin Laden was
  7. Bill Clinton and Monica Lewenski
  8. O.J. Simpson and the slow white bronco
  9. Robert Earl Keen, Robert Earl Keen, Robert Earl Keen, Robert Earl Keen…it’s a college thing.
  10. Kurt Cobain

“Fuck you!, the 90’s shit on the 80’s” ;D

Ahah, I’m a 90’s kid too, born in 1987 and I hate the 80’s. The early years of the 90’s are pretty cheap and crappy too, too much associated to the 80’s past, but the end of the 90’s are definitely my generation. I can’t add anything else after Bleach and Seth, they summed up everything and I also agree on the 2000’s being even better for now.

I guess the lack of personality, which Seth mentionned, is maybe something everybody always feels in every decade. There’s always a time when we repeat look, music, style, and co, from the past generation. There’s always nostalgia so the new stuff never happens in the early years of the new decade. Keep trusting the new generation, Tim, they’re gonna be as good as expected.

Though I hope a new TV serie will beat Friends and be as cult for us as this serie, but for the new generation. It’s even in our history school books in France ahah.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I graduated from H.S. in 1993. Here is what I remember:

1. Soundgarden, Nirvana, & Pearl Jam.

[/quote]

Is that all the nineties had to offer in terms of music? I mean really, everbody keeps mentioning the same three bands. Grunge can kiss my ass.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Is that all the nineties had to offer in terms of music? I mean really, everbody keeps mentioning the same three bands. Grunge can kiss my ass.
[/quote]
you have to understand that before Grunge we were listening to M.C. Hammer, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, and other really shitt stuff. Grunge was very honest and new. It brought us out of the dark ages. Ice, Ice, baby.

Hold it I love grunge and if it wasnt for grunge we would have been stuck with hair bands(fuck poison, thats right I said it!)

I might be the only one here but in the 90’s there was many good kid movies to love pretty any John Hughs movie plus there was tons of great kid shows(Doug and Pete and Pete)

Give me Bon Jovi and Guns N’Roses over Nirvana any day of the fucking week. Rock music is about enjoying life, about being larger than life…not about moaning like a little pussy on how depressed you are.

I love Nirvana. Guns N roses are definitely on my top 5 favorite bands of the 90’s its really sad that axl had to fuck everything up with his anger :frowning:

Sorry, but the 80s SUCK. The fashion, the cars, the MUSIC, the movies (except for a handful of exceptions). The me-generation. Selling out. 80s are like… plastic, it’s like the decade of plastic. I hate the 80s.

I don’t think the 2000s lack identity. Why? I think it has lots of it. I love how things are made more minimalistic, yet improve in quality. I love how individuals have a chance to shine. The world has shrunk so small.

This is a perfect time to live in peace. The 2000s will always be associated with war on terrorism and Iraq and all that, but socially things are as good as ever, I think.

I dont like the bad 80s hairspray bands (Poison, Cinderella, Whitesnake). Bon Jovi: I dont think theyre terrible but I dont listen to their stuff. Id never put “Bad Medicine” on a mix CD. :slight_smile:

GNR I think were the best of all those kinds of bands. While most of them sang about partying, GNR were talking about reality and the darker side of the whole airbrained rock star lifestyle.

I still like 80s New Wave alot. Id much rather listen to that stuff than the hard rock music.

Grunge: I liked those bands (Soundgarden, AIC, Mudhoney etc), although after Kurt killed himself, Nirvana’s music was tainted for me. So whenever i hear it now I just think: “death”, which is pretty sad.

Id say out of my whole life, the time I hate the most music wise is right now. I dont like many bands at all. I hate MTV too.

When it comes to music, its totally personal to you. What makes you feel good is what makes you feel good.

Yes…I like the new wave as well. I am a huge fan of The Cure and I liked New Order a lot back then. The other 80’s bands that I liked were REM (yes, they were an 80’s band too), GnR, anything that Sting had a part of (Money For Nothing - Dire Straits), Tears for Fears, INXS, U2, and a whole lot more that I don’t have time to mention.

I’m with Pete - the worst time for music is right now. This is why I’m still listening to old Muddy Waters and Howlin’ Wolf blues records…yes, I have a record player.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I’m with Pete - the worst time for music is right now. [/quote]

Ahah, well, you’re wrong. You live in the USA, there are PLENTY of small indie rockbands who are more than worthy. There are a lot of awesome hip hop singers and producers nowadays too, which contributed a lot to the hip hop area. No need to mention all the UK indie bands, my fav. And if you are looking more further, French electro is very good and better than any other decade, aussie/canadian/swedish indie bands can be very good too. And so on.