Tarantino paid ONE DOLLAR for SIN CITY

From eo:

So Ocean’s Twelve has the monopoly on ‘how the hell did they get them’ casts? Think again. Try the cast of Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller’s Sin City for size: Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Benicio Del Toro, Jessica Alba, Jamie King, Josh Hartnett, Nick Stahl, Mickey Rourke and Brittany Murphy. Phew: try co-ordinating the back end deals for that little lot.

Yet so far, the hottest cast in Hollywood has kept schtum on the portmanteau movie, which compresses three of Miller’s seminal noir-esque Sin City graphic novels (Sin City, That Yellow Bastard and The Big Fat Kill) into one crunching celluloid package. Until today, in fact, when we caught up with one of the movie’s stars - King Arthur himself, Clive Owen - who was happy to spill the beans on what will be, for hardcore comics fans, the most eagerly awaited film of next year. Batwho?

“There’s three books that are put together for one movie and I’m in one called The Big Fat Kill. I’m playing Dwight,” said Owen. Dwight, FYI, is something of a Sin City regular, is a hard-nosed former photojournalist who, in The Big Fat Kill, he gets sucked into his old as-kicking ways when he gets involved with the Mob and an undercover cop. "Benicio Del Toro is Jackie Boy, Rosario Dawson is in it, Brittany Murphy’s in it.“

Not bad at all. And those rumours that Rodriguez had enlisted his old chum, Quentin Tarantino to co-direct a sequence? True, true and true. “Yeah, Tarantino came in for a couple of days to shoot a whole sequence with me and Benicio, so it was a really enjoyable job,” said Owen.

So far all we’ve seen from Sin City is a behind-the-scenes clip in which Bruce Willis and Jessica Alba – stars of the That Yellow Bastard sequence – filmed entirely against greenscreen. The entire movie, confirmed Owen, was filmed that way a la the Star Wars prequels and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, allowing Rodriguez to best capture Miller’s singular visual style, which uses blacks and whites almost exclusively to create a world of shadow, deceit, violence and desire. And that’s what we should expect from the movie. And then some.

“The world is going to be put in afterwards, the backdrops,” Owen says of Rodriguez’ process. “The most striking thing about that movie is how incredibly faithful to the books it is. Frame by frame he’s recreating Miller’s graphic novels and if there’s bubbles on the panel, then we say the dialogue. It’s that faithful.” Blimey!

“Every actor is just trying to look like their character, and then we replicate the frames and play the scenes,” he continued. " It will have an incredible rhythm because the cuts will be the pictures, which will be very dynamic and unusual, I think. Occasionally there’s a bit of deviation from that, but on the whole all those serious graphic novel geeks that love Sin City will come and be blown away by how faithful it is.”

Been checking out the action figures from the film, they’re looking great.

I’ve been a fan of the Sin City comics since way back when it was in DHP before it got its own title. The creative team, the style, and the cast are all perfect. I really hope the film brings some new readers to the comics.

'Bout time!!!

http://www.sincitythemovie.com/

danke