Tarantino paid ONE DOLLAR for SIN CITY

Yeh, you can tell the difference between the music in The Good the Bad and the ugly on VHS, and the music on the new special edition on DVD. When they made it digital the quality went away. But then again the picture looks so damn good.

Um, digital kinda sucks. It makes everything look like a home video, which different parts in Once Upon a Time in Mexico looked like.

i didnt think so. what it sounds like though is that digital filmmaking is so much easier and faster to do. and by using green backgrounds you dont have to fly everyone out to a location and waste time by doing that.

I dunno, some parts of OUATIM just looked kind of cheesy like it was direct to video, like when Johnny Depp runs to the back of the restaurant and shoots the cook or some of the crowd scenes near the end

[quote]i didnt think so. what it sounds like though is that digital filmmaking is so much easier and faster to do. and by using green backgrounds you dont have to fly everyone out to a location and waste time by doing that.  [/quote]

Thats the tricky part about digital.

I heard they were doing this with Sin City and i think its going to be good because Miller and Rodriguez are apparently creating this dark and noir like comic book atmosphere to represent sin city by using the greenscreens. So greenscreensing it like most of AOTC would probably be a good step for this movie.

But replacing everyday REAL sets with greenscreened CG backgrounds is gonna be fucking crap. If the set cant be built due to costs and limitations fine, but most of the time - you can always tell a greenscreened background - not to mention the effect on the actors performance.

Word

[quote]Word[/quote]

[quote]Word[/quote]

[quote]Word[/quote]

[quote]Word[/quote]

[quote]Word[/quote]

[quote]Word[/quote]

[quote]Word[/quote]

Word

that shit should stop now.

oops, i forgot

[quote]Word[/quote]

I got that ‘word’ from Buono, and im obsessed with it now.

Anyways, I would still like to know what Tarantino thnks about the use of CGI by Rodriguez. If anyone can get quotes about this from an interview or something, it would be much appreciated.

i did hear they were building one set.

and by using digital film robert can show the actors performance right away, so the actors can actually see what the green screen will be.

greenscreen? What? Where does it say greenscreens are gonna be used in SIN CITY?

This doesn’t sound right. :-/

this is from imdb.com

This was one of several films around the world to be shot on a completely “digital backlot” (i.e. with all the acting shot in front of a green screen and the backgrounds added during post-production). While the other movies (Immortel (ad vitam) (2004), Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004), and Casshern (2004) - all shot on film) were shot first, this movie’s use of High-Definition digital cameras in addition to the “backlot” method makes Sin City (2005) one of the world’s first “fully-digital” live action motion pictures.

FUCK

I don’t know what to expect now. Either pure shit or…yeah. pure shit.

Anything with QT slapped on it will be good. Digital shmigital, as long as it looks real and it doesnt hold back the actors, I dont care.

This sounds like a live action Toy Story, with alot more violence

I smell AOTC: the sequel

Robert’s use of CGI is incredible. Just peep OUTIM’s 10 MINUTE FILM SCHOOL if you get the chance. I was looking at HEAT today and would love to find out how they filmed the SHOOT OUT scene and I bet Robert could cut that budget in half for that single scene.

Not saying that it was bad - it is incredible - but with all the squibs and fuct up cars the budget went up a lot.

From joblo.com :

You’ve also got Clive Owen, star of KING ARTHUR, who recently spoke to Empire Online about his part in the second part of the film’s three-part storyline, called THE BIG FAT KILL, dropping a few notes about the film, including the Tarantino connection:

Owen says that “Tarantino came in for a couple of days to shoot a whole sequence with me and Benicio…”

The entire film was shot against a green-screen a la STAR WARS prequels and SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW, so that Rodriguez could then capture Miller’s unique visual black & white style in post-production

Owen plays Dwight in his section of the film, which features Del Toro as Jackie Boy, as well as Rosario Dawson and Brittany Murphy

Owen also said that the film was going to be “incredible faithful” to the books to the point that Rodriguez is almost going frame-by-frame “…and if there’s bubbles on the panel, then we say the dialogue.”

This’ll be an interesting movie to see at least