Tarantino.info Exclusive Basterds coverage topic

Miramax? wake up, it’s 2008, not 1998

Out of curiosity, how does the production schedule compare to that of Pulp Fiction? I bet nobody was whining then.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
Every period piece is money-intensive. But hey QT is [color=red]Miramax’s top dog, they can’t say no to him.
[/quote]

Dude?

give the guy a break, he does smoke a lot of weed :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
raise your left finger and count with me: oktober (lift a finger), november (lift a finger), december (lift a finger), january (lift a finger), how much ist that? 4. not three :wink:
[/quote]

There was a break during the holiday, and I read somewhere the planning was 90 days of real shooting, hence three months. But whatever, that doesn’t matter. It must be wrapped now.

hey Seb, all this talk about weed makes me think you sat and had a little smoke session with the man… :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian”]he’ll probably lock himself up in the editing room with Sally and some weed and get working
[/quote]

And how exactly do you know that is on his agenda… You make him out to be some sort of Beevis and Butthead stoner.

IMDb says it’s in Post-production now…

[quote=“Cyd”]
And how exactly do you know that is on his agenda… You make him out to be some sort of Beevis and Butthead stoner.
[/quote]

Tarantino smokes weed, we all know this. You didn’t? I don’t care for it personally, but whatever makes him effective.

[quote=“Cyd”]
[/quote]

Will you marry me?

Didn’t Quentin say he did Ecstasy while filming Kill Bill? :angel:

…he must of been doing crack by the looks of Death Proof! :o

Also, I don’t really like the poster of Frederick Zoller…looks mediocre. :frowning:

I think it’s on purpose to show that propaganda films were very badly made, kinda like B movies. That’s why Quentin hired Eli Roth, because you know, the guy is an expert at doing them.

[quote=“Ify”]
Will you marry me?
[/quote]

Yes.

I know QT smokes weed, Stig, I believe Prince William and Harry do too and probably 70 per cent of people I know. But it’s assumptions of his day-to-day activities I find a bit intrusive.

I wanna smoke weed with Quentin. And I like the Zoller programme… It looks just like it should. I can’t wait for the set report either, but thanks for doling out another little peep Sebby.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
give the guy a break, he does smoke a lot of weed :wink:
[/quote]

Miramax. What? What’s wrong? Is he with Dimension?

[quote=“Pinkman”]
I think it’s on purpose to show that propaganda films were very badly made, kinda like B movies. That’s why Quentin hired Eli Roth, because you know, the guy is an expert at doing them.
[/quote]

Of course! Only Eli can do terrible drama!

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
Miramax. What? What’s wrong? Is he with Dimension?
[/quote]

haha you’re seriously living behind a rock

I don’t really pay much attention to the “behind the scenes stuff”. What company is he with?

he’s not “with” any company. The Weinsteins parted ways with Miramax many years ago and founded The Weinstein Company (TWC), that’s the company that produced grindhouse and also the one doing IB. TWC teamed up with Universal Pictures to distribute this one. Dimension Films is TWC’s indie label for horror etc movies.

Ohhhhhhhhhh. Freaky. The Weinstein Company. I like that.

Hahaha, oh dear ;D