Tarantino.info Exclusive Basterds coverage topic

[quote=“Stiglitz”]
So it actually looks like he might pull off Cannes. Wow, i had my doubts.
[/quote]

As did I!

ok so to make up for this server crash, I’ll post another exclusive tomorrow even though I hadn’t planned to do so before sunday when I was gonna post my set report

Sweeeeet, things happen for a reason I guess :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
ok so to make up for this server crash, I’ll post another exclusive tomorrow even though I hadn’t planned to do so before sunday when I was gonna post my set report
[/quote]

Nice. Any interviews on their way soon? Be good to get a little insight into the whole premise of this thing from the man himself about now…

I’ll have some little quotes in the set report. but overall, my set visit was rather laid-back and neither did I schedule any official sit-down/ontherecord interviews nor did I want to ruin my experience by writing down every single word anyone said. you’ll see it when you read it…

[quote=“Sebastian”]
I’ll have some little quotes in the set report. but overall, my set visit was rather laid-back and neither did I schedule any official sit-down/ontherecord interviews nor did I want to ruin my experience by writing down every single word anyone said. you’ll see it when you read it…
[/quote]

Can’t wait!

new stuff up, see Frontpage

Holy fucking Shnitzzle! I hate the idea of not everything being directed by Qt, I must admit. Great poster thought.

Sebby Bear just made my morning.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
might be a matter of days now, I’m guessing they’re done by the end of the month
[/quote]

Jesus he filmed this epic in like two months! Now is his shit together, or is his shit together?

Great, Seb. Thanks. Too bad the pics aren’t in higher quality to see the details.

ok let me put the 400px ones available. one sec

edit: of the front, you can now enlarge it further.

Awesome. I’d like it better that way. Do the same for the Diane Krüger poster too.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
Jesus he filmed this epic in like two months! Now is his shit together, or is his shit together?
[/quote]

makes me wonder how epic this movie is after all, and if he had to make limitations due to budget. I’m patiently waiting for somebody to ask Quentin that.

I don’t see the correlation between epicness and budget, and I don’t think he had to make limitations due to budget, which is ample, and the film not very money-intensive

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
makes me wonder how epic this movie is after all, and if he had to make limitations due to budget. I’m patiently waiting for somebody to ask Quentin that.
[/quote]

I didn’t expect it to take that long to be honest. Most of the scenes are pretty straight forward. I expected post production to be a lot longer. Quentin’s greatest quality as a director is quality control. He knows what looks good and won’t wait around all day trying to get a shot when he knows he’s already got a good take. I didn’t have any doubts about making Cannes. Quentin may seem off the wall, but apparently he’s a very responsible filmmaker

and he’s incredibly focussed. of course, he jokes around on the set etc, but they shoot a tight schedule, from morning to night 5 to 6 days a week, and they work really hard, and he’s focussed. after this is in the can (I suspect it to got a bit into February), he’ll probably lock himself up in the editing room with Sally and some weed and get working

The Frauline Doktor one was better than this, but it’s cool. Anyway the set report is what we’re all waiting for really. Sunday, sunday, sunday…

well, it was three months of shooting actually, as it was planned.

raise your left finger and count with me: oktober (lift a finger), november (lift a finger), december (lift a finger), january (lift a finger), how much ist that? 4. not three :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
I don’t see the correlation between epicness and budget, and I don’t think he had to make limitations due to budget, which is ample, and the film not very money-intensive
[/quote]

Every period piece is money-intensive. But hey QT is Miramax’s top dog, they can’t say no to him.