Tarantino.info Exclusive Basterds coverage topic

Did he you the vocal version of Green Leaves Of Summer?

no, it was the instrumental one, the theme tune.

here’s my short report: <LINK_TEXT text=“Regarding the Grind House split - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … -basterds/”>Report from the Berlin premiere of Inglourious Basterds - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Sebastian”]
no, it was the instrumental one, the theme tune.

here’s my short report: <LINK_TEXT text=“Regarding the Grind House split - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … -basterds/”>Report from the Berlin premiere of Inglourious Basterds - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

This version?

- YouTube

no.

i’d say it’s exactly this one: The Green Leaves of Summer - The Alamo Theme (Dimitri Tiomkin & Paul Francis Webster) - YouTube

[quote=“Sebastian”]
no.

i’d say it’s exactly this one: The Green Leaves of Summer - The Alamo Theme (Dimitri Tiomkin & Paul Francis Webster) - YouTube
[/quote]

Oh, I really like that. Was the music in the movie all it’s cracked up to be? I really want to buy the soundtrack.

cracked up? i’d say the music in this movie is fuckin’ amazing

[quote=“Sebastian”]
cracked up? i’d say the music in this movie is fuckin’ amazing
[/quote]

YES!!! I’m happy about that.

I said ‘cracked up’ because I’ve noticed in the states, when things are heavily hyped and get ‘loads’ of press. It doesn’t turn out to be as great as “I” expected.

I don’t trust critics. "The critics? No, I have nothing but compassion for them. How can I hate the crippled, the mentally deficient, and the dead? - (Sir- The Dresser (1983))

I haven’t found this to be true of QT’s stuff. I can honestly say I’ve enjoyed, loved and am a fan of all his work. And that’s not because I think he’s hot. ; )

Glad you enjoyed the premiere.

will write a review soon. i’m just so overloaded with work, i’m to frustrated to even start typing (which would reduce the other loads of work preventing me from doing the type of work i’d rather do…)

Take your time, Seba, noone here is going anywhere.

Indeed. Take your time. No rush. Quality is better than quantity. :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
no.

[/quote]

That is perfect.

I can’t wait for this fucking movie all ready, seriously. Why is it so hyped in my head?!!? FUCK! Can’t wait for that review from you either Seb :slight_smile:

ok here the promised pictures

<LINK_TEXT text=“Photos from the Berlin premiere of Basterds - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … -basterds/”>Photos from the Berlin premiere of Basterds - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Sebastian”]
ok here the promised pictures

<LINK_TEXT text=“Photos from the Berlin premiere of Basterds - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … -basterds/”>Photos from the Berlin premiere of Basterds - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

I can’t wait for august to hurry up and get here. Thanks for posting the pics Seb.

I hate Pitt for being such a sexeh bastard! :smiley:

Can anyone confirm about the opening credits please? do they play before or after the opening chapter?

I heard that the film starts of with titles and then we see the farm, in the script it states that the credits come in after the massacre…which is it?

I was just wondering, does ‘The Green leaves of summer’ play over the opening credits, or does the song accompany the scene with the intro of Landa? :police:

Many thanks peeps!

[quote=“blackened88”]
Can anyone confirm about the opening credits please? do they play before or after the opening chapter?

I heard that the film starts of with titles and then we see the farm, in the script it states that the credits come in after the massacre…which is it?

I was just wondering, does ‘The Green leaves of summer’ play over the opening credits, or does the song accompany the scene with the intro of Landa? :police:

Many thanks peeps!
[/quote]

Douse L’incontro Con La Figlia play over the massacre?

[quote=“blackened88”]

Many thanks peeps!
[/quote]

the movie starts with the opening credits and the green leaves of summer theme plays over it, then the movie starts. does that answer your question?

[quote=“VikingWithNoName”]
Douse L’incontro Con La Figlia play over the massacre?
[/quote]

which one is that, refresh my memory

[quote=“Sebastian”]
the movie starts with the opening credits and the green leaves of summer theme plays over it, then the movie starts. does that answer your question?
[/quote]

Oh man, I love QT’s cold openings. And it read so well in the script that way.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
[/quote]

That’s cool I guess. I would of liked the farm scene to be first, but QT’s opening credits are great. Jackie Brown’s is the best.