Tarantino.info Exclusive Basterds coverage topic

Yeh thanks seb :wink: cant wait to see it!

[quote=“Sebastian”]
which one is that, refresh my memory
[/quote]

This one:

- YouTube

[quote=“VikingWithNoName”]
This one:

- YouTube

[/quote]

holy fuck don’t ever do that again :stuck_out_tongue: I’m still traumatized from that scene

Just saw my first Basterds TV Spot. Fuckin AWESOME!! Omar Doom looks like hes straight out of a gangster movie when hes shooting that machine gun.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
holy fuck don’t ever do that again :stuck_out_tongue: I’m still traumatized from that scene
[/quote]

Holy shit! Sorry man.

So i got my self the right song?

What do these online critics think when the director theyre discussing knows more about cinema and can write better than all of them? Thats pretty much a fact. QT owns their asses in that regard. Not only that, he can make great cinema on top of it? I say they should just pay homage to him from now on til he retires. :slight_smile:

God damn, great review Seb. I got a headache reading it though, all that text in giant white blocks messed with my eye balls.

Seb. I didn’t read the whole review, cause I don’t wanna spoil the experience by knowing too much. But it sounds like ‘the man’ has got a winner. Thanks for the review and the time that went into it. You Rock!!!

[quote=“roulette67”]
Seb. I didn’t read the whole review, cause I don’t wanna spoil the experience by knowing too much. But it sounds like ‘the man’ has got a winner. Thanks for the review and the time that went into it. You Rock!!!
[/quote]

Ditto, sounds great, though from the sounds of things, its a shame it hasn’t reached the awesomeness of Kill Bill.

well that might just be a personal thing, i’m not saying it’s not awesome, it just struck me on a different level maybe

[quote=“Sebastian”]
well that might just be a personal thing, i’m not saying it’s not awesome, it just struck me on a different level maybe
[/quote]

You have not answered my question. Is it the right one?

[quote=“VikingWithNoName”]
You have not answered my question. Is it the right one?
[/quote]

you read my reaction, right? :stuck_out_tongue: so yeah

[quote=“Sebastian”]
you read my reaction, right? :stuck_out_tongue: so yeah
[/quote]

lol. I should be smart enough to figure that out.

Thanks Seb for the review, it was written well.

Can’t wait to see the Basterds… Man. I have to wait 'til 4th of September before it strats running here in Finland.

did you get to ask Quentin any of our questions, Seb?

[quote=“Sebastian”]
[/quote]

I see, it does sound like a great film still, and look forward to making up my own mind about it.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]
did you get to ask Quentin any of our questions, Seb?
[/quote]

no, honestly I hardly asked any questions during the round tables this time. I’ll go through the recordings and i’ll write something up however, there were some good discussions.

[quote=“roulette67”]
[/quote]

Same here.Didnt want to chance it, but what I read was pretty awesome Seb.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
no, honestly I hardly asked any questions during the round tables this time. I’ll go through the recordings and i’ll write something up however, there were some good discussions.
[/quote]

Cant wait to read.

What I said in the Music/Soundtrack thread:

(Please oh please, let it be the accordion version Fingers crossed)

[quote=“Sebastian”]
i’d say it’s exactly this one: The Green Leaves of Summer - The Alamo Theme (Dimitri Tiomkin & Paul Francis Webster) - YouTube
[/quote]

Yippee!!!

Excellent review. I’ve been watching for your stuff for about half of a year. And to tell the truth, only after this one I gave some thought to maybe this fella has a forum here X ))))

For a long time I’d been focusing on man-on-the-mission terms of story. And I frankly did doubt that due to his desires Tarantino would be able to heave a success as huge as Pulp Fiction.

And that was like it until a marvelous phrase was caught in my eye. It was operation Kino.

And just right after that I did organize my own operation Kino, but of course without any sortie to Nazi occupied France, without even any occupied Europe.

And for now, just for a course to write here I tried to phrase what’s an operation Kino. And I think I failed. And I tend to think that everyone who’s bucked up of your terms like cinema about cinema, for cinema lovers, and a bit romanticized of it — of how cinema saves the world — all of us have in the bottoms of our hearts a concept of operation Kino. And I think this is what it is exciting about.

And indeed all that stuff seems a little bit hurried, since a premier is just to be. And while I’ve been reading your note, I want to tell something different. In one part of your review I caught a thought about a story line with only protagonist: there was your reflection on who’s the main character, or at least it all added up to who’s the longest performance on screen?. And it’s come to my mind an incident, i.e. event — American Academy Award of all of us so beloved 1994. And now I think of why Travolta is actor in leading role, and Jackson is one who’s support role. And honestly I didn’t google about yet.

Generally speaking this fact doesn’t bother me. Let this be irreversible, a constant. And what I’m just saying is the cinema at times has its uneven melody. And the whole story penetrates through it. And for Academy there is every time object to make out that melody.

And what I’m saying, the experiments with varieties of meaning of this melody can be rather unexpected.

Truly, it’ll take some time, and me again will get confused who’s the nominees in recent 1994: Jackson or Travolta — our main characters.

PS. Is that the way you say it: “That’s a bingo?”

In spite of fact we’re all basterds here =)), I think I have to apologies for my English.