T-TRIS (Open BETA 1.6)

New BETA-Version is online now and you’re invited to test it. :slight_smile:

IMPORTANT: Older Highscore-Lists don’t apply anymore, you’ve got to replace them with the new files. Also replace all the Graphic- and Sound-Folders since some Changes have been made there, as well.

[quote]Change-Log for Beta-Release (07/27/2006)

• Extended Highscore-List for 20 entries (Highscore-Lists of an older versions won’t apply anymore).
  • Changed Font-Color for Highscore-entries to green, in order to make it better visible before the background.
  • Fixed a minor issue with the Global-Mutliplier blinking on Game-Over-Event, although no Game-Over-Bonus has been collected to add it up with.
  • Changed Basis Scoring to 1/5/10/50. This way Tetris-Scoring becomes more rewarding and scoring in general feels more balanced and comprehensible.
  • Sped up special Scoring Messages to create a more dynamic feel.
  • Since CPU is uncapable of creating “true” random numbers, I added another Seed Random Generator based on current state of Milliseconds within Line-Clearing-Function. Random number-creation for certain Quest-Issues feels now more diverse.
  • Now almost all graphical features, like Counters and Bonus-Displays, are either cached into seperate Image-Buffers, or are put directly on the background-image, and aren’t drawn ingame anymore. This provides a huge boost in performance.
  • Quests and Item-Collecting are now fully supported.[/quote]

Screenshot:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/ … eenie2.jpg”>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/diceman2k4/T-TRISScreenie2.jpg</LINK_TEXT>

You’ll now be assigned random quests throughout the game. A seperate display will appear, telling you how many lines you have to delete at once in which order. Depending on the stage you’re in, there’s alway a tiny tolerance, whether a Quest will be canceled immediately after a wrong amount of Line-Kills, or if it continues. If you accomplish a Quest, you will receive an Item (depending on which Piece came down when the respective Quest has been initiated), which will have a certain per-chance to provide various buffs on different aspects of your Score. Chances to receive better items are the higher, the more difficult the respective Quest is to solve (Current Stage, Number of required Kills, Lines per Killing)

[quote]Orb of Multiplying (Red)

Grants a Buff on Global-Multiplier, thus allowing it to change faster from 1 to higher numbers.

Orb of Basic-Scoring (Orange)

Grants a Buff on your Basic Score.

Orb of Super-Bonus (Yellow)

Grants a Buff on incoming Super-Bonus.

Orb of Line-Killing (Green)

Grants a Buff on Height-Bonus while you’re in Multiple Line-Killing.

Orb of final Calculation (Blue)

Grants a Buff on incoming Game-Over-Bonus.

Orb of Tetris (Turquoise)

Grants a Buff on Tetris-Scoring (4 Lines)

Orb of Stage-Modification (Purple)

Grants a Buff on current Stage-Bonus

Unique Orb of global Buffing (Grey)

You’ll see this Baby very, very rarely. Play the game a lot of times, try to solve more difficult Quests and you may come across it. It has a per-chance to change 1-7 Aspects of your Score at once![/quote]

You’ve got 5 slots to store 5 Items. If you’ve got a free slot, the Item will be automatically assigned to it, if not, the respective Item will be discarded. Every Item has a Durability of 100%. Durability will shrink with every Piece of the same color appearing. After Durability has sunk to 0%, the Item will be removed from your Collection.

At first I wanted to create a kinda RPG-Like menu, where you could store several Items for later, but I didn’t like that idea. I wanted the Game-Play to remain simple. If you don’t care about Items or Quests, fine, just play Tetris then. You won’t be punished if you don’t solve a Quest. There are just Rewards and Bonus-Opportunity, I don’t wanna frustrate you, I just want to keep you entertained and motivated. :slight_smile:

Now have Fun, and post any bugs.

DOWNLOAD-LINK: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a … D27C16B551”>http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D48663D27C16B551</LINK_TEXT>

Great stuff!! I LOVE the quests!! I need to play some more to get a new tactic! Very cool stuff!

Don’t get too hooked up on the Quests or you might end up dead faster than you can think. :smiley: There’ll always be another Quest around if you don’t make one in particular. You won’t be punished for mistakes, either, and there’s absolutely no Time-Limit. Personally I hate games with Time-Limits, they’ll tend to be more stressful and frustrating than fun.

I’m still trying to find the right balance in Item-Creation and changing Quest-Dificulty, though. But these are just tiny modifications. Above all: Remember, at the core it’s still Tetris. :slight_smile:

Its a whole lot of fun! Its really nice to be able to play a normal game of tetris and having the option to create a scheme for a master score :smiley:

The Quests might be a bit too difficult…or maybe I aint getting it all that well…:smiley:

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
The Quests might be a bit too difficult…or maybe I aint getting it all that well…:smiley:
[/quote]
Aye, I’m still checking on that. Currently I’m creating a totally different, more elaborate “Tolerance”-System, which will determine, how often you may be wrong within a Quest, based on the current amount of lines to be killed, in order to advance. Because right now it’s just based on current stage:

[PSEUDO-CODE]

If Chance(1 - 14) <= CurrentStage

Advance = True

Else

QuestFailed = True

Endif

[/PSEUDO-CODE]

After all, that’s what BETA-Testing is for, right? :wink:

I finally get the quest! Its a total blast!! So much fun! Really addictive to get as much of those orbs as possible!! Precious orbssssss!!! Hahaha!

Awesome stuff!! 8)

Haha, I’m so glad you like it. :slight_smile: Wait for the next update, Quests will be even more fun, then, plus Item-Creation will be more balanced, and there are still some minor bugs presents, that detain some of those Orbs (especially the “Orb of Tetris”) to apply their Bonus.

:smiley:

I really like that orb of tetris…because my startegy is heavily based on making as much tetrisses (4-lines) as possible…especially with the sweet 50 bonus on your super bonus!! :smiley:

I also noticed that when one of your orbs time runs out, and vanishes…when you replace it with a new orb the text under it is screwed up…

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
I also noticed that when one of your orbs time runs out, and vanishes…when you replace it with a new orb the text under it is screwed up…
[/quote]

Thanks a lot, man. I never tested the game until that happened. That must because Item-Description is written into a seperate Image-Buffer and brought on-screen afterwards (saves a lot of performance). So that means I have to clear the buffer afterwards, when it isn’t needed anymore.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/ … sQuest.jpg”>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/diceman2k4/TetrisQuest.jpg</LINK_TEXT>

Within the next update you’ll have an all new Quest-Feature, which shows you, how many wrong Line-Kills you may have when in the middle of busting rows. This “Tolerance” within a Quest depends now on the number of required rows for the next kill, plus the current Stage you’re in. A subtle random-function will shuffle these parameters within certain boundaries in order to provide a more dynamic Game-Play.

When all the yellow markers within the Quest-Display are used up, the Quest will be canceled with the next wrong Line-Kill.

Now Buffing works correctly with all Orbs, plus the text-screw-up Bug has been fixed as well. Check back tomorrow or so for the latest version to download.

Looks cool! How will that work when I dont do a quest at all? Or when I have 5 orbs in my possession already?

@Seth_Gecko

If you don’t do a Quest at all, that’s no problem. If you fail, you won’t be charged or punished. Just wait for the next one, or, if you just want to concentrate on scoring for the time being, ignore them alltogether. But why don’t you check out the latest

Update with new awesome features, some Balance-Tweaks and important Bug-Fixes

Repeat

AddictivePotential = AddictivePotential + 1

WantsToQuit = False

Until WantsToQuit = True
:smiley:

[quote]Change-Log for Beta-Release (07/30/2006)

• Some slight balance-changes, affecting per-chances to receive better Items.
  • Chances to come accross more difficult Quests have been increased.
  • Changed some spellings: “Orb of Basic-Scoring” is now “Orb of basic Scoring”, “Orb of Stage-Modifying” became “Orb of Stage-Increase” and “Unique Orb of global Buffing” is now just “Orb of unique Buffing”.
  • Slightly increased chance to come accross an Unique Item.
  • Special Scoring-Message with a “+” now also appears, everytime an Item-Buffing affecting direct Bonus is being applied.
  • Tweaked a little with Item-Properties, calculating Chances in general and contingency to receive a higher Buffing-Bonus per Item.
  • Again changed basic Scoring to 1/5/15/50, making Threesome a bit more rewarding.
  • Fixed a bug, where Item-Description was screwed up after retaking a slot, which has become available due to a run-down of Durability of previous Item.
  • Fixed a bug, where in some rare cases certain buffs (especially Orb of Tetris, Orb of Super-Bonus, Orb of Multiplying and Orb of Line-Killing) prevented themselves to be applied at all.
  • Tolerance-System within Quests is more elaborate, now depending on number of lines to be killed and the current Stage.
  • Remaining “wrong Line-Kills”(Tolerance) per Quest-Task are now being displayed with a yellow counter, in order to make Questing a bit more calcuable.
  • Fixed a Performance-Issue which caused FPS to drop down the more Items you’ve collected.
  • Now Item-Level (1 - 50) will be displayed, too. In order to see detailed stats for the respective Orb, you’ve got to pause the game.
  • During Pause, Highscore-Entries 1-10 are shown. Only on Game-Over all 20 are being displayed now.
  • Algorythm for Durability-Decay has been slithly altered to make it a more variable quantity.
  • On Game-Over there’s now an additional Orb-Bonus for remaining Items in your Inventory, based on their individual stats.
  • Number of slots to store Items into has been increased to 6.
  • Quests now will be only assigned, if there’s still empty slots available to store Reward-Item into.[/quote]

DOWNLOAD-LINK:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a … CE6CA254CF”>http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=943611CE6CA254CF</LINK_TEXT>

New version is looking good! I like the new quest stuff! I need to play some more to give better comments, but it all seems very smooth now!

Like the plus when extra points are being scored! 8)

Dice! Still loving the game!! Play it at least once a day :smiley:

It is more than perfect, but allow me to give some tips :slight_smile:

I would love a controll style in which I could rotate the blocks in different directions with different buttons…this adds to the speed and general enjoyment…I dunno if this is possible…

Infinite respect for this GEM!!! The orb thing is sooooooo much fun!!! I had combos of 500.000 with just one stone!! ;D

I am addicted as a junkie to crack ;D 8)

As some of you may know, I lost everything due to a heavy crash, including the source-file of the current version. Now I have started to re-program the game from a very early BETA. You won’t be seeing the RPG-Mode again, I think, but the Bonus-System is now perfect. Including a new feature, and that’s (after scoring with a Super-Block and killing more than one row with it) some kind of initial Charge to your next Super-Bonus. Trying scoring a Tetris in Stage 10 with a Super-Block, and your next Super-Bonus starts at 1000!!! Plus some graphical issues have been optimized, and last but not least, there’s some kind of animated window popping up after every successful Line-Kill, telling you in mathematic detail, how your current Score adds up. Also, Tetris-Scoring now comes with a nice quake-effect.

Now, have fun, and stay tuned for the next version, which will feature Hot Girls, no kidding). :slight_smile:

DOWNLOAD: http://rapidshare.com/files/70195756/TETRIS.zip.html

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/ … reenie.jpg”>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/diceman2k4/Tetris-Screenie.jpg</LINK_TEXT>

Cool stuff dice! Does the super bonus 1000 come at 10-1 or 1-10?

It’s fun to play! Though I kinda miss the orbs :stuck_out_tongue:

The “Charge-Up” only comes into effect, when you kill more than one line with the Super-Block.

Then it’s calculated exactly like the Game-Over-Bonus (now called Final-Bonus, though):

2 lines = 1 * Stage

3 lines = 10 * Stage

4 lines = 100 * Stage

So a double-kill with a Super-Block in Level 1-5 (or 2-5, or 7-5, doesn’t matter) gives you a Boost of 5, a Threesome => 50, a Tetris => 500.

Do the math. :smiley:

But I’m thinking of maybe changing it into something based on a factor 5, like

2 lines ==> 4 * Stage

3 lines ==> 20 * Stage

4 lines ==> 100 * Stage

So it’ll feel a bit more balanced. What do you think?

Check out the latest update (just overwrite the existing .EXE with the new one).

Too many changes to simply put into words, mainly graphical issues (no girls yet, though). By now this must be the most colourful and flashiest Tetris ever, with lots of random colours and various, madly jiggling Bonus-Displays. :smiley: Furthermore the blocks fall WAY faster in early levels, and there’s now always a 100% / 50% / 25% / 0% Bonus on released Super-Bonus, depending on how many rows you kill with the Super-Block. The “Super-Charge” now works just the way I suggested in my previous posting.

Happy Highscores!!!

UPDATE: http://rapidshare.com/files/70618510/T-TRIS.exe.html

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/ … enie-1.jpg”>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/diceman2k4/Tetris-Screenie-1.jpg</LINK_TEXT>

Something new! :slight_smile:

I think I’ll skip the idea with the Girls-Mod (it has been a stupid late-night idea anyway), instead I found a far more satsifying way to fill the blank spot on the right side of the playing-area:

A new kind of Bonus-System, which I personally like even better than previous RPG-Mod, and which is ultimately more rewarding; especially if you like to make your Highscores using lots of Tetris-Kills (4 lines at once). It has to be “charged”, though (play the game and see how it works; it’s not that hard to figure out), and afterwards will provide you with rapidly increasing Percentage-Bonus on the next 7 Tetris-Scores. Currently the Pay-off looks like this:

• 5%
  • 17%
  • 33%
  • 50%
  • 70%
  • 100%
  • 150%

And, also, the increasing factor while in Multiple Line-Killing has been slightly “nerfed”, because I think, it’s just wrong to receive about 234511 Points with a single Stone, even though that possibility might be extremely rare. Before it was 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 … and now it’s 2, 4, 7, 11, 16, 22 …

Still impressing, but not that “imba” anymore.

DOWNLOAD: http://rapidshare.com/files/71108911/T-TRIX.zip.html