T-TRIS (Open BETA 1.6)

Yeah sorry, I noticed myself, but couldn’t change it immediately because I had to pull a nightshift yesterday. The new link should be okay, though. Please notice, that the deep Thud-sound (when placing a piece without scoring) has been removed due to that bug I posted in my latter post.

About the Highscore-File: Yeah, you can keep your old highscores. Just replace the “Highscores.dat” - File coming with the package with your own “Highscores.dat” - File. I’m just including it everytime, because the program loads the Highscores at startup, and if it can’t find the file, it simply crashes. You don’t need the “EmptyHigscore-List.dat”, though. I’m just including it, in case you feel like you’d have to delete your older Highscores. Just delete the file then, and rename “EmptyHighscore-List.dat” to “Highscores.dat”

And here’s the link:

Click me

how does that multiplier stuff work?

all i do is gather some lines and make a tetris… how can i make more points. i also know that the gray blinking blocks produce more points

mmm not really clear 27.000 in 5-7… :smiley:

highscore in old version…downloaded the new one…but drunk ass fuck so really cant test it now :slight_smile:

are those dolphins that come out when you score 42 points a reference to hitchhikers guide>?>? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“tarantino_is_god”]
are those dolphins that come out when you score 42 points a reference to hitchhikers guide>?>? :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Hehe, what else. ;D You’ll get nothing special, though, just those dolphins.

I’m trying now to complete the game this weekend or so. You know, I really tried to find an algorythm to determine, whether you play good or bad, thus changing the global multiplier, but it didn’t work. It always had that random appeal, so now I took the fields-solution again:

[PESUDO-CODE]

Multiplier(1-20) = 1

Mutlipler(21-26) = 2

Multiplier(27-29) = 3

Multiplier(30) = 4

As long as the Global Multiplier is 1 (fields 1 -20), you’ll get a 2:1 chance that it goes up faster, when scoring more than one line (2 lines = +1, 3 lines = +2/+3, 4 lines = +4/+5). As soon as it’s > 1, the fields just change according to the number of lines you are deleting. When the Multiplier is, say at field 29 (=3) and you’ll delete 4 lines, it just goes up to field 30. With the next deleting it drops to zero again you’ll have to build it up, again. But, say, your Global Multiplier is at 4 and you’re just in the middle of Multiple-Line-Killings, it won’t drop to zero, until you are finished.

Any updates on this gem?

yeah, dide, give the addicts a toy to play with.

Yeah, T-TRIS is back with a vengeance! ;D

Get ready for Multiple-Line-Killings, Height-Bonus, Super-Blocks, Special Tetris-Scores, Stage-Bonus, Game-Over-Bonus and various other Modificators and Multipliers in order to achieve maximum Combo-Scores!!!

Almost finished now. Thanks to Seth_Gecko who reminded me, that I’ve once started to program something like that. After such a long time it was a bit of a mess to dig through my own source-code (forgot to comment some of it), but now I picked it up again, updated the scoring-system, added GameOver-Bonus and made some other minor changes. For example, now every stage has always 10 lines to kill in order to get to the next one. After stage 10 has been completed, you’ll enter Level 2 with Stage 1 and so on. Stage 1 is the easiest and with every stage them pieces will fall a bit faster. I won’t go into the details of the Scoring-System, though, since it’s so damn complex. Just try it out; finding out about various Scoring-Combos is the fun-part about it.

Once again the controls:

RIGHT/LEFT ARROW = Move Piece right/left

UP ARROW = Turn Piece around

DOWN ARROW = Accelerate Piece downwards

ENTER = Validate, after you’ve entered your name for a new Highscore

SPACE = Pause Game

M = Toggle Music on/off

ESC = Quit Game

Mind, that if you have pother ograms in the background running, stuff like Messengers or

Download-Applications, the game may experience some slow-downs. Otherwise it’s pretty low on CPU-Usage. And if you you want to delete the current Highscore-List, just delete “Highscores.dat” and rename “DefaultHighscores.dat” to “Highscores.dat”. Without any “Highscores.dat” the Game will crash.

→ Download Link

Have Fun!!!

Dice! You the man!! 8)

I have a lot of friends and family trying to beat my scores on this gem!!

Infinite thanks man! You are genius! 8)

Scoring System is final now, I think. Next thing I’m going to implenent (or at least try to) is some kind of Quicksave-Quickload function. You know, I suck at Window-GUI programming, and it sucks even more if you’re in the middle of a Combo-Score-Rampage and then you have to shut the game down, because somebody is trying to reach you over MSN or ICQ, or you have to go to bed because you gotta be up early in the morning.

I’m trying to do it this way: If you press “S”, the current game will be saved right after the current piece has been placed and before the next piece is in position. If you press “L”, the last saved game will be restored.

And maybe I’m going to speed the falldown-rate a little bit up, especially during the first stages, what do you think? Too easy right now?

But I’m glad you like it that much. :slight_smile: What’s you’re Highscore?

I love it! Its one of the best tetris games I have ever played. And I have played a lot of them :slight_smile:

The save function could be abused though. On Tetris you could save your game one time, after that you couldnt load the same saved game again and again. Otherwise I would be saving every 5 minutes or so and when I fuck up my game I just load and that way I could play forever…

I love the new game-over bonus! Very sweet!

I havent had the time to serieusly play this, but on the previous version I had like a score of 356.000 or so…

Okay, so no Quickload/Save, I didn’t see the abusive potential at first, but now I do.

Next thing I’m trying to implement are randomly provided Tasks (“Quests”), where you have to reach a certain score on a timely based scale, which will be seperately calculated and displayed. If you succeed, you’ll receive a modification on the super-bonus-counter based on the difficulty of the task until it’s being released (“Double”, “Triple”, “Quad”), plus, for the same time-span, a modificator on height-bonus based on the current stage the respective Quest has been initiated.

How does that sound? :slight_smile:

good

but a VS mode would be kickass(like the tetris games on the old Nintendo).

Maybe you could implement that you can only load a saved game 1 time? So you cant keep on saving and loading…

That mission thing sounds fucking awesome!! I love to have options in tactics playing tetris! I hope it will work out!! Very cool! 8)

If you find your perfect tetris model you should really pitch it to nintendo…:smiley:

Okay, my current goal will be to create the most insane Tetris-Version ever done! I’ve got some fucking cool ideas already for that mission thing: You’ll get randomly assigned Quests in three difficulties, for example you’ve got to make the following Line-Kills in exact order: “Triple-Kill”, “Tetris”, “Double-Kill”, “Double-Kill”.

And if you suceed you can now collect Items, which will give you certain per-chances in scoring more points. There are 7 different pieces in Tetris, and every one stands also for an Item, wich will change one aspect of your Score. For example:

Level 5 Orb of Super-Bonus:

• Grants a 9% chance to triple incoming Super-Bonus. ;D

Those parameters will be randomly created, depending on Quest-Difficulty and current stage. The higher they are, the higher the chance to receive a better Item. If you’re extremely lucky, you might even catch one of those rare Level-10 Items. What kind of an Item you’ll be rewarded, will be determined by the last piece, with which you’ll accomplish the current Quest.

You can collect up to 6 Items, afterwards you’ll have to decide, whether you’ll free an already taken slot or if you keep your Items. Which kinds of slots there’ll be available, will be determined by the first 6 pieces coming down in the beginning of the game. This way you could also be hosting slots for 3 Orbs of Multiplication, each of them increasing your chance to get a higher Global Multiplier more quickly. You’ll also get two seperate, independent slots for storing certain Items you don’t want to discard yet, but maybe use them later on.

Also, every item will initially have a 50-100% Durability, and every piece of the same kind, which will appear, will decrease the Durability of all respective items in your collection by 0-3%, until they are destroyed. Then you can fill the slot with another item of the same kind.

A touch of RPG, to make it a bit more addictive. :smiley:

Fixed some minor stuff before now moving on to the bigger challenges. :smiley:

Check the Change-Log for details on the latest update:

→ Download

This all sounds so cool! I just read the new updates! Very sweet man!

I need to play some more to give you good feeback! Just wanted to say I am loving it :wink: 8)

something is very strange i cannot open the game ,perhaps its because my Grafic-card(i have an onboard,becasuse my old was getting too hot in the summer)but i dont know excatly??What do you think.

A console-window should open, which will ask you whether to run the game in a windowed mode or not. You have to confirm with “Y” or “N”. Please check again. If it doesn’t work, I’ll have to find a different solution. Thanks.

Just a little update on my work. Currently I’m making great progress. The new Mission-Assignments are nothing short of awesome and work really great. If you complete Quests, you can gather now up to 5 items, which will give you certain Buffs on different aspects of your score. If you’re extremely lucky, you might even catch one of those ultra-rare unique items, changing more than just one aspect and having a longer Durability in general.

Here’s a screenie:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/ … reenie.jpg”>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/diceman2k4/T-TRISScreenie.jpg</LINK_TEXT>

I’m still fixing some minor stuff, but I hope to be uploading another BETA-Version by the end of the week or so. Stick around. :slight_smile: