As some of you already might’ve heard it, I’m currently programming a little Tetris-Game. It’s just good 'ol Tetris, but with lots of opportunities to make Combo-Scores, like with Super-Blocks, Multiple-Line-Killing, Global Multiplicators and Stage Bonus. I’m kinda proud to say, that it’s quite addicting, if you get into it. Some of you, like CPS and tarantino_is_god already play-testet it. This is now the latest BETA-Version, fully playable.
Arrow right = Move Piece right
Arrow left = Move Piece left
Arrow up = Turn Piece
Arrow down = Accelerate Piece downwards
ESCAPE =Quit Game
SPACE = Pause Game
M = Toggle Music on/off
ENTER = Validate, after you’ve entered a new Highscore
[quote] Change-Log since last Version:
- Changed the Basis-Points to (1,5,15,35) thus making Line-Scoring more rewarding
- Added Global Multiplier. It starts of with 1 and goes up to 4, then counts down to 1 again.
Global Multiplier changes after a certain number of lines have been killed. It’s calculated by
(1 => 7, 2 => 4, 3 => 2, 4 => 1). Global Multiplier affects Super-Block-Scoring, Multiple-Line-Scoring
- Now possible Killer-Combos with Multiple-Line-Scoring by adding a multiplier to Height-Bonus, which
kicks off immediately after killing the next line. The Multiplier depends on the number of lines
deleted in the previous scoring and the current state of the Global Multiplier.
- Added Super-Bonus. Super-Bonus continuosly counts up, but only kicks off after lines have been
killed with a Super-Block. Super-Bonus is entirely based on the number of lines deleted, there are
no Multipliers or Boni adding to the amount. It is calculated by (1,4,12,28). Released Super-Bonus
is displayed with a “+” before the number.
- Tetris-Scoring is now fully supported. A special message is being displayed and a Bonus is added,
depending on the current state of the Global Multiplier.
- Added KeyFlush() after a block has been placed, so having pressed the down-arrow won’t affect the next piece.
- Added a display for current Combo-Highscore.
- When Game is paused, Music toggles now off automatically, and turns on again, when Game is resumed.
- Added a “Thud”-Sound, when a piece has been placed without scoring.
And, most important, the Download-Link:
<LINK_TEXT text=“http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1ZY7 … CXUU7IKDMR”>http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1ZY7NXEJM8F6109ECXUU7IKDMR</LINK_TEXT>
Now, have fun and post your Highscores (and any Bugs you may encounter). I’m still working on it, you know.