Sukeban Deka

Since seeing Kill Bill Vo.1, I’ve started watching the films that influenced it. However I’ve been tryin in vain to get hold of a copy of the live action version of Sukeban Deka, the series that partially inspired Go-go.

Could anyone tell me where I can get my hands on a copy? I’d really appreciate it

(I’m not sure if this is the right forum to put this in or not)

Hi and welcome to the board.

Well, I move your - interessting - topic to the Non Tarantino board, hope it is okay for you.

Well we have here: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/movie/killbil … -guide.htm”>http://www.tarantino.info/movie/killbill/articles/references-guide.htm</LINK_TEXT>

a site with all the movies which influenced QT. There you can find a pic of the movie and the link to the imdb site.

I´m really sorry, that I can not help you with some valuable answers. Bad prolly some other members can hook you up.

For the people you have not heart about it, I copied some stuff from the imdb:

Based on the Japanese Manga (Comic) series by Shinji Wada for Hana To Yume (Flowers and Dreams) Comics, Sukeban Deka (Female Juvenile Cop) was a series destined to be adapted for TV. The story of a young high school delinquent being recruited by a special police unit investigating juvenile crimes is oddly reminiscent of American shows such as the Mod Squad, and 21 Jump Street but the similarities ended there. This cop had a special weapon that you would not believe.a solid steel yo-yo that she would throw with the most deadly of accuracy to pummel her enemies and assailants. During its brief run from 1985 -1986 Sukeban Deka, the TV series launched the careers of its various young stars. Yuki Saito was the 1st and IMHO the best to take on the role of schoolgirl heroine Saki Asamia with Yoko Minami and Yui Asaka to follow her. This is the first movie of three to capitalize on the series and was used to bridge the second and third seasons of the series. Yoko Minami reprises her role as “the 2nd” Saki Asamia, a juvenile cop who has since retired' and is determined to live a normal teenage life and complete her High School studies. Unfortunately for Saki trouble has an odd way of finding her as she stumbles upon a secret para-military organization that is planning to launch a coup on the Japanese Government using juvenile delinquents and school misfits as its soldiers. And wait until you get a load of their leader(Talk about implausibility!) Campy and over-the-top fun! Those who crave a serious, action story should stay clear of this series. Minami is great as Saki and Asaka is cute in her debut cameo as the 3rd’ Sukeban Deka (viewers should suspend their belief as you watch her try to take out a flying helicopter with one of her yo-yos). Soon followed by two movie sequels with Asaka as the lead and a two-part OVA (Original Video Animation) series.

yeah, I’ve seen the OVA and I liked it, but it only made me want to see the live action version even more :’(

When you find out more, please post it here!

I wanna see the movie!

Hey and enjoy the board although we can not help you just now…

I found a link

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.idollica.com/sukebanintro/Su … Intro.html”>http://www.idollica.com/sukebanintro/SukebanDekaIntro.html</LINK_TEXT>

but judging by the owner’s name, I assume the site reffers to the japanese release.

I have noticed that the films which inspired Kill Biil are being released over here (England) in box sets of 3, being specifically packaged as having influenced Quentin. Does anyone know if Sukeban Deka could be released this way?

This is one more reason for me to quickly learn japanese. Toei has released the complete series (seasons 1-3) plus two movies on R2JP dvd. Collecting them all will cost me a fortune.

damn where is a money tree when you need it

Good news: A new Sukeban Deka film is on its way. Kenta Fukasaku’s Sukeban Deka: Yo-Yo Girl Cop will hit the Japanese theaters September 30th 2006. Fukasaku didn’t do so well with BR2, but I think he’s the right man to deliver this kind of campy fun. Besides, the cast is simply wonderful: Aya Matsuura, Riki Takeuchi, Rika Ishikawa, Erika Miyoshi and Yui Okada.

More info at twitch:

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/006150.html

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005043.html

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005900.html

And in case someone missed this: Media Blasters has released Sukeban Deka: The Movie and Sukeban Deka: Counter Attack from the Kazama Sisters on dvd (apparently using Toei’s transfers)

I don’t really think it is fair to lay the blame on Kenta. Firstly, I didn’t mind BR2 at all, it just wasn’t the first film, that’s for sure. Secondly, I seriously think that Kinji was alive for the most part of it and I really don’t think that Kenta strayed to far from Kinji. I don’t think he took the film and made it crap. I think it was just planned the way it turned out from the beginning.

I think the whole concept on BR2 sucked, I don’t blame Kenta for that. That’s why I’m very interested in seeing how well he does with Sukeban. I saw a trailer for the film he did between these two movies, I think it was called Under the Same Moon, and it looked like a wonderful little drama. Yo-Yo Girl Cop may not turn out a wonderful little drama (;D) but I’m definitely looking forward to this.

Okay, here’s our cast (sorry, couldn’t resist ;D)

Aya

Rika

Erika

Yui

and Riki

(sorry, could’t find a bikini pic of him. If someone has any

cool bikini or topless pics of Riki, please post one here).

What a total badarse. Just look at him. I almost felt the same way I did when I see Sonny Chiba slap women and beat the shit out of poor excuses for men (well, in comparison to Sonny Chiba, we are all but poor excuses for men).

This looks great and has just become one of my most anticipated projects. But how many Sukeban-Deka-movies are there actually, and how many are yet to be released? I’m not interested in the TV-Series or the Anime, just the movies. And visually and directing-wise “Battle Royale 2” was awesome, it was just the story, that sucked. So, keep it going, Kenta, I’ve no grudge about you, whatever.

goes-dancing-around-like-a-madman

Just two movies. But I want the original series… Here’s the plan: Everybody will order 10 copies (R1) of both movies. That should convince MB that they have to release the original series, too. Besides, I’ve heard that you will miss most of the jokes if you haven’t seen the series. Old actors doing cameos, all references etc.

EDIT: Damn, Erika looks really good in that pic :slight_smile:

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
Just two movies. But I want the original series… Here’s the plan: Everybody will order 10 copies (R1) of both movies. That should convince MB that they have to release the original series, too. Besides, I’ve heard that you will miss most of the jokes if you haven’t seen the series. Old actors doing cameos, all references etc.
[/quote]

It’ll be like Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back probably. Like if you had seen all the films like Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, etc. beforehand, then you got a lot of references and nods, but people who hadn’t were none the wiser, and got the jokes in a whole other way.

Teaser trailer: http://www.yoyoing.com/videos/play.php?vid=1427

Wow, that’s cooooool, now I definetely know, where the Character of Gogo comes from! 8) 8) 8) But I wish they would have shown more of the actual movie.

“Sukeban Deka” is NOT a sexy movie right? I heard it’s supposed to be a rather “clean” action-flick for a Teen-target-audience. Haha, that’ll be a real shame, because main-actress Aya Matsuura isn’t a kid herself anymore. She could kill me with that Yo-Yo of her anytime.

Now would someone “please” start a discussion how she looks like a 13-year-old?

An official poster-image and a plot-summary from Twitch:

“A police detective working undercover at private school Seisen Gakuen is blown to pieces on the streets of Shibuya. The cop had been investigating students frequenting a popular underground website named ‘Enola Gay’, where information on everything from bullying to bomb-making is exchanged. One week earlier, a strange counter on the website began ticking down to some unmentioned event… Meanwhile, a young girl only known as ‘K’ is brought back to Japan from New York against her will, and is assigned the codename ‘Asamiya Saki’ by the National Police Agency. Her mission: infiltrate Seisen Gakuen…”

[quote=“diceman”]
“Sukeban Deka” is NOT a sexy movie right? I heard it’s supposed to be a rather “clean” action-flick for a Teen-target-audience. Haha, that’ll be a real shame…
[/quote]

Not a bad thing IMO. I’d rather take my jgirls cute than sexy :-*

[quote=“diceman”]
She could kill me with that Yo-Yo of her anytime.
[/quote]

Forget it, man. She’s gonna kill me, and me only :stuck_out_tongue:

Seb is probably shaking his head in disbelief :angel:

A little TV special on Yo-Yo Girl Cop

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … ch=sukeban”>- YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

Lookin good

[size=80](not from the movie)[/size]

Haha great, she’s beating up cops/security staff members. :smiley: You know, I could watch japanese TV-Features all day long, no matter if I don’t understand a word. So thanks for the link. Made me even jumpier to watch that movie.