Steven Seagal

I know I shouldn’t say this aloud but I love that guy. He’s the man. Seagal is the last real action hero we have. Vin Diesel, The Rock… those guys are a bunch clowns. They wanna take serious roles, they wanna make pg-13 films, they want to be called real actors. Seagal is the only guy who has guts to be a real action hero. And he has everything it takes. He has charisma, he has a message to tell (save the nature), he is unintentionally funny, and he can do some cool Aikido movies. Sure his movies ain’t masterpieces (especially the new ones) but I’ll take a good old Seagal movie over some pg-13 crap anytime.

Now I’ve said it. Who wants to hit me first? :slight_smile:

I’ll do.

I dunno, I think Aikido is the most boring style of martial arts you could include in a movie. Never been a fan of this guy personally. I’m more into Jean Claude Van Damme. His early stuff kicks ass. Bloodsport, Kickboxer…those films fucking rule.

[quote=“Scarface”]
I dunno, I think Aikido is the most boring style of martial arts you could include in a movie. Never been a fan of this guy personally. I’m more into Jean Claude Van Damme. His early stuff kicks ass. Bloodsport, Kickboxer…these films fucking rule.
[/quote]

Hard Target! how can you not love this scene?

[img]http://www.dragonsdenuk.com/reviews/hardtarget3.jpg[/img]

he's a fucking cokehead though, he gets very little respect when he returns to Belgium, Americanized junkie

Oh yeah, forgot the guy’s Belgian. I would be proud to say Van Damme was born in my country. Hard Target kicks ass too. So do Lionheart and The Quest. Fuck I could go on forever. I’ve watched his movies a hundred times when I was a child.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Oh yeah, forgot the guy’s Belgian. I would be proud to say Van Damme was born in my country. Hard Target kicks ass too. So do Lionheart and The Quest. Fuck I could go on forever. I’ve watched his movies a hundred times when I was a child.
[/quote]

For me the same! Along with Bruce Lee. But then again, I also thought american ninja with Michael Dudikoff was cool…not so cool as van Damme and Lee though. I remember being dissapointed with dudikoffs style… 8)

good times, kick back with some coke and chips and watch a martial arts marathon ALL DAY, matter of fact ALL SUMMER…hahaha

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp … ain-topten”>http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=1235&rtn=main-topten</LINK_TEXT>

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp … ain-topten”>http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=1235&rtn=main-topten</LINK_TEXT>

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
[/quote]

Haha, greatest ad ever.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
I know I shouldn’t say this aloud but I love that guy. He’s the man. Seagal is the last real action hero we have. Vin Diesel, The Rock… those guys are a bunch clowns. They wanna take serious roles, they wanna make pg-13 films, they want to be called real actors. Seagal is the only guy who has guts to be a real action hero. And he has everything it takes. He has charisma, he has a message to tell (save the nature), he is unintentionally funny, and he can do some cool Aikido movies. Sure his movies ain’t masterpieces (especially the new ones) but I’ll take a good old Seagal movie over some pg-13 crap anytime.

Now I’ve said it. Who wants to hit me first? :slight_smile:
[/quote]
I think the Rock is pretty good…Walking Tall was a Bad Ass movie

I hate steven seagal…all his characters he portrays are supposed to be serious, but they’re just f’ing funny to watch. If I had to pick from any of those guys though, I would say Vin Diesel…because he actually went out to be an actor…unlike the rock who just transferred from wrestling to acting…

*oh wait, I forgot that wrestling is acting :o My bad ;D

I prefer The Rock to Vin Diesel. The man at least has charisma and a cocky sense of humor. And wrestling is not fake!!!111 >:(

WWE (formally WWF) is 90% fake…that’s to say there is alot of physical endurance…but no one is really getting hurt. I thought this was covered years ago when there was an interview with Vince McMan(I don’t know how you spell it) discussing the federation, and what his thoughts were on how it compares to REAL wrestling (which seems to only be at high schools these days). You wonder how the Rock has enough acting skill to be in movies…when he didn’t go to “acting school”. His acting school was the wrestling ring. btw, i have nothing against the rock, he’s cool :smiley:

[quote=“Black Mamba!”]
WWE (formally WWF) is 90% fake…that’s to say there is alot of physical endurance…but no one is really getting hurt. I thought this was covered years ago when there was an interview with Vince McMan(I don’t know how you spell it) discussing the federation, and what his thoughts were on how it compares to REAL wrestling (which seems to only be at high schools these days). You wonder how the Rock has enough acting skill to be in movies…when he didn’t go to “acting school”. His acting school was the wrestling ring. btw, i have nothing against the rock, he’s cool :smiley:
[/quote]

Haha, I was being sarcastic there. When you see such things like The Undertaker “shooting” lightning bolts, it’s quite difficult to believe it’s all real.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Haha, I was being sarcastic there. When you see such things like The Undertaker “shooting” lightning bolts, it’s quite difficult to believe it’s all real.
[/quote]
i like to see you do what they do …not as easy or corny as it looks

[quote=“Black Mamba!”]
[/quote]
According to that theory, Movies are fake too.

[quote=“blake”]
i like to see you do what they do …not as easy or corny as it looks
[/quote]

I never said it’s easy to carry out those stunts, did I? No I did not. The stunts are real, it’s the storylines that are fake.

It’s quite allright…I think that most people who watch WWE are a bunch of white-trash anyway.

Upcoming Steven Seagal movies:

Kung Fu: The Movie

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … rch=seagal”>- YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

Crouching Cops, Hidden Badges:

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … rch=seagal”>- YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Black Mamba!”]
I hate steven seagal…
[/quote]

blasphemy! you dont talk like that about Steven “I will brake your head with the snap of my finger” Segal! are we clear about that? now be ashamed of yourself ;D

I still love the classic Seagal films like: Above The Law, Hard To Kill, Marked For Death, Out For Justice, but I cant watch those made for cable movies.