Spaghetti Western

Wow, this is good news.

actually I am making good progress although i should fucking switch this thing off and study for my exams. but that’s how i am, i just love a good spaghetti western :slight_smile:

A Spaghetti Western database should be great, i mean its a lot of work but if you wanna put down the basics you’ve just got a good 15 years (1960-1975) to summarise, its a lot but its definitely do-able

It’s my favorite genre by the way, out of everything, too bad it never got proper recognition, the only thing Europe had and America didn’t and we let it go to waste :embarassed:

I hope you don’t focus on the dollars-trilogy too much, alot of sites do that and forget about classics like Django, Texas Addio, The Great Silence, Giu la Testa (!)

I’ve got a lot of spaghetti’s on VHS without dubbing or subs wich i got a hold of while in Italy, low budget stuff, none of em got real artistic quality yet i still love em, its crazy this genre, sucks you right into the screen

yeah i am also getting what i can, i am crazy…

currently i am doing come work on the concept of the website but it could be online in some weeks already

Also their was a film called The Grand Duel starring Lee Van Cleef and if i’m not mistaken thats the name of the song in the anime.

yes its the name of the film. if i had the website ready i could link to it. the original title is of course Il Grande Duello or something

Il Grande Duello, right

Yeah Luis Bacalov composed that song from the anime sequence, he also composed the main theme from Django (http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/music/Luis_Enriquez_Bacalov_-_Django.mp3) wich I love, didnt know until a few days ago

i did. and it is sung by Roberto Fia

www.spaghetti-western.net

;D

saddle your horses, gringos… we’re gonna ride soon! 8)

great man, make it work 8)

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
great man, make it work 8)
[/quote]

there’s still a lot of work ahead. so far i’ve catalogued 74 films. but only with basic info, i will add more features and content in the next days/weeks, and depending on the progress i’ll make the site public.

lets rock:

www.spaghetti-western.net

Fucking Crazy.

Looks great.

Not that you need another project, but,… I know one thing I would personally be able to make a lot of contributions to would be a blaxploitation database like that. Blaxploitation info on the net is spotty and unreliable. Someone needs to do it right!

[quote=“mondo68”]
Looks great.

Not that you need another project, but,… I know one thing I would personally be able to make a lot of contributions to would be a blaxploitation database like that. Blaxploitation info on the net is spotty and unreliable. Someone needs to do it right!
[/quote]

I’ll think about it :slight_smile:

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
I’ll think about it :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I would definitely be your #1 contributor if you did. It would be Baadasssss!

I see that blaxploitation.net directs you to blaxploitation.com, so that address wouldn’t be available. Unforunately, that isn’t the most useful site. It hasn’t been updated in about 2 years, and the info there isn’t really all that in-depth. I’ll admit it does look cool though.

I have to say that i reccoment the dollars trilogy over kill bill 1 &2 anyday. I reccomend this to any Tarantino fan…

Spaghetti westerns are adored,worshiped by many…but can you imagine all those anthological scenes(like the final showdown between ‘‘the good,the bad and the ugly’’) without music? morricone’s music for Leone’s films(and not just for his) is one of the most perfect scores ever. Music we can’t describe by words.It’s like it’s made for the most quotable and memorable scenes in a film.Leone is one of my favourite directors(but,Tarantino is on the top) and truly a great one.And Morricone’s music just makes Sergio and Ennio greater 8)

[quote=“Ste300”]
I have to say that i reccoment the dollars trilogy over kill bill 1 &2 anyday. I reccomend this to any Tarantino fan…
[/quote]

definately, if you like taratino you gotta watch those movies QT himself describes “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” as the best directed movie ever, and from the opening frame to the closing credits its not hard to see why, complete genius!

Myself Im dying to see Death rides a horse maybe because Quentin used it in Kill Bill or maybe because I cant get enough Revenge movies (someone needs to make a revenge dictionary site)

You have not seen a Western movie to you see " Once upon a time in the west "